Group C - ICT, Dundee Utd, Pars, Arbroath & Cowden

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why anyone would be 'shocked' at a pricing structure reflecting the potential size of the support both home and away, plus the fact that it is an important game. Clubs are run as businesses and it takes basic sense. To add a couple of quid to the gate price is totally understandable.

I would hope United would be willing to reduce the gate prices but only if Dunfermline are willing to bring 10,000 steak bridies so that each United fan can have 3 each. 

13 hours ago, CallumPar said:

This, along with the fact that we've been allocated the West stand (behind the goals), rather than the fair play stand as usual, has helped me to decide that I won't be going.

£15 for a league cup game that's on TV, when we're already playing there twice in the league (at £20/22 per visit), is just too much. Some fans will pay it, and I hope they enjoy their day. But my family will be saving about £70 (including fuel) by watching on tv. Already costing minimum of £160 for the league visits there. Why are they charging us more than they did Cowdenbeath, out of interest? Particularly when they're allocating us the worst seats in the stadium?

I would imagine because your a team 2 leagues higher than us. Cowden fans got put in the same section, they had part of the Jerry Kerr Stand opened for their own fans.

Don't both clubs have to agree to prices for cup games?

The Shed is a great place to watch football, and nowhere near the worst seats at Tannadice (Jerry Kerr/Jaws of Life Stand). Though not sure why we didn't put the Cowdenbeath fans in the far section of the JK, as we did with Hamilton last season. Four stands open for an attendance under 4000.

We charged 15 for United. 13 for Cowden. Standard stuff really, although think we were expecting a much bigger home support for the united game. Crowds haven't been great so far all over the board. Wonder how the game being on TV on Sunday will affect the crowd..

47 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Not sure why anyone would be 'shocked' at a pricing structure reflecting the potential size of the support both home and away, plus the fact that it is an important game. Clubs are run as businesses and it takes basic sense. To add a couple of quid to the gate price is totally understandable.

I would hope United would be willing to reduce the gate prices but only if Dunfermline are willing to bring 10,000 steak bridies so that each United fan can have 3 each. 

You won't be there, neither will your buddy or his brother.  So that's 12 steak bridies for me.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You won't be there, neither will your buddy or his brother.  So that's 12 steak bridies for me.

We might get up early to watch it in California, I don't know what the equivalent of a steak bridie will be over there though. You can always donate your extra 9 to the guys in front, if they are there of course.

56 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Don't both clubs have to agree to prices for cup games?

The Shed is a great place to watch football, and nowhere near the worst seats at Tannadice (Jerry Kerr/Jaws of Life Stand). Though not sure why we didn't put the Cowdenbeath fans in the far section of the JK, as we did with Hamilton last season. Four stands open for an attendance under 4000.

Came on to post exactly this.  There's a recommend pricing structure that the SPFL put out for the tournament. This can only be changed for a match if both teams agree to it.

Also there was nothing wrong with the west stand for the Cowden match last week.  Cracking view I thought.

The Shed isn't too bad at all, the Fair Play Stand is pretty poor for viewing, leg room and access and the disabled facilities are beyond disgraceful for a modern stand at a big club. We used to get the Shed all the time before the Petrie game where we were in the Main Stand. I wasn't going to be going anyway so I'm glad it's on TV (although I probably won't bother watching if we lose tonight) and while we're charging Inverness £12 tonight it's a midweek game, the same as we charged for the Arbroath midweek game and around £6 less than our normal price so DUFC charging £15 isn't that bad (especially since the prices were announced before it was known it was going to be on TV). Charging £20/22 for the League on the other hand...

I'm still not entirely sure what the plan is foe this coming season in terms of where away fans will be sitting. It has been years since we have had away fans in The Shed week in week out, I assumed the Fair Play was better for view but it maybe costs more to steward and open for things like the pie shops. 

Problem with the Fair play is that it's quite shallow in the lower tier and the dug outs and boxes block some of the near touchline and in the upper the Main Stand blocks the near touchline. It's not a big issue (the legroom is the bigger problem IMO) and the Shed is more than adequate considering that stands that are converted terraces aren't usually great for legroom either and there are a couple of pillars in the way. The Main Stand is clearly the worst stand at Tannadice though. I'd be happy to never sit there again even though it always brings back memories of the Petrie game.

On 23 July 2016 at 22:32, GordieBoy80 said:

Always said that the Dunfermline v Inverness game would decide the group and as the two biggest sides it's hardly surprising.

Looks like you were wrong pal.  Sunday will decide it but think ICT will top the group regardless.

Archived