Edinburgh City

I was almost tempted to do a Barry Fry and pee in all four corners of the pitch to lift the curse of Ainslie Park. Mind you, I might still do that.

Now Tam, did that very act (or at least a similar one) not cause a bit of consternation last season?

On 27/08/2017 at 21:55, JakeSAFC said:

Beattie looks a better player as a centre back than he does upfront, from what I seen anyway.

THIS!!!

When I said Beats had been one of our best players this season, I based that on his great defensive displays so far this season.

So it was disappointing to see him try to play up front against Berwick!

Clearly he's not mobile enough nowadays to play up top and I hope we don't see that again.

Also, we obviously DO NEED a striker, as we never looked like scoring on saturday, or in fact much at all this season!

The balance / set up of the team never seems quite right and we always look very light up front.

I wonder if could maybe have a more attacking formation using two wingers?

Pity you didn't add "and put the bloody black and white corner flags on the poles for our home matches" too.
GRUMP! GRIPE! FUME!
Glad we got a win. I was almost tempted to do a Barry Fry and pee in all four corners of the pitch to lift the curse of Ainslie Park. Mind you, I might still do that.

Pretty sure there is already someone at your club who got into a fair bit of trouble for having his willy out.

I seen the groundshare with Spartans was in the pipeline but has it been given the go ahead?

That's what we're doing this season and for the 2 after that. What happens after that is anyone's guess, doesn't seem a huge appetite to make Meadowbank a viable venue for league football.

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

2 3g pitches, one of which is in the centre of the athletics track. No mention of where the stand will be or how many it will hold.........

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/news/article/2357/new_lease_of_life_for_meadowbank

It mentions a stand which will hold 500 spectators.  So are City planning to use this 3g pitch then?  The article doesn't mention Edinburgh City at all! 

It mentions a stand which will hold 500 spectators.  So are City planning to use this 3g pitch then?  The article doesn't mention Edinburgh City at all! 

Oh aye, either the article has been updated or I didn't read it properly. I would imagine the plan is to use the 3G pitch but unless there's a standing area as well I don't like the sound of a 500 seat stand at all.

Hopefully the board will be able to get some clarity from the council/developers and then feed that back to the fans.

Previous reports indicated a 499 seat stand (i.e. under the limit for which a 'fire certificate' is required), either on the 100m finish line or NW corner IIRC? Does sound far from ideal given City averaged 401 in 2016-17.

If there was a 500 (or 499!) seat stand on the halfway line, and some steps of open terracing either side or on the opposite, it would sound a lot better. Hopefully there is scope for refinement.

26 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Previous reports indicated a 499 seat stand (i.e. under the limit for which a 'fire certificate' is required), either on the 100m finish line or NW corner IIRC? Does sound far from ideal given City averaged 401 in 2016-17.

Why the hell would the Council deliberately avoid the need for a fire certificate? Especially after the Grenfell tower block disaster.

Correction - having searched it's a safety certificate, not a fire certificate. If stand holds <500 you don't need one. That'll surely be why 499 indicated.

See similar elsewhere - I recall Gala used to = 495/Fraserburgh = 490/etc.

To be clear I'd assume it allows for a saving in staff qualifications, paperwork, expense and regulation rather than any suggestion of safety corner-cutting. It hasn't been published for some years now but in the old SFL Review they'd a non-league clubs directory - from what I remember virtually all with stands of that sort of size declared them as precisely 500, or just under, presumably owing to this.

Edited by HibeeJibee