Edinburgh City

On 24/07/2023 at 08:33, Bay Citizen said:

We still have the same defensive injury issues from the end of last season, goalkeeper is a concern though.

I think you’ll like McNeil then. Has had good coaching, showed well in a couple of opportunities.

https://www.raithrovers.net/58678/raith-rovers-morton-3.htm (120 minutes played and saving the penalty to win the Cup match)

Edited by TxRover

18 hours ago, TxRover said:

I see young Andy was tossed into the flames today, how’d he look for you, besides the Swiss cheese aspect?

The score line flattered Morton to be fair and he did make a few sterling saves.   Certainly looking forward to seeing more of him throughout the season.

21 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

Finally found a team that had never seen him play.

I take it that's been in the pipeline a wee while? That's no a move you decide to make in 5 minutes!

Anyways, will City now be signing another goalie or do we think Cammy Quate will be sitting on the bench all season?

With the goalie situation changing and the new lad up top, I'm slightly more optimistic than I was a couple of weeks ago!

23 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

How on earth did you manage to get someone to take Ramsbottom off your hands...

I think we got some cash for him as well - not much I'd suggest.

He's a lovely laddie but I think we were conceding an average of 4 goals a game or similar with him in nets. Boy on loan from Raith looks good, we've been pretty lucky with goalies over the years actually.

57 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I take it that's been in the pipeline a wee while? That's no a move you decide to make in 5 minutes!

Couldn't have been that long winded - they had Jamie MacDonald over for a week to check the place out before signing but he must have decided against it and came home, opening the door for Ramsbottom.

On 03/08/2023 at 11:35, Jamie_M said:

How on earth did you manage to get someone to take Ramsbottom off your hands...

46 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

I think we got some cash for him as well - not much I'd suggest.

He's a lovely laddie but I think we were conceding an average of 4 goals a game or similar with him in nets. Boy on loan from Raith looks good, we've been pretty lucky with goalies over the years actually.

He’s away for work so I would imagine it’s a nominal fee .

10 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Has Ouzy See chucked it to become a full time ex love island star? Was looking forward to shouting something derogatory about wearing Kirby’s at him.

He's being allowed to fulfil media commitments/opportunities before he comes back.  Apparently playing in a 'celebrity' charity football match on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Bay Citizen said:

He's being allowed to fulfil media commitments/opportunities before he comes back.  Apparently playing in a 'celebrity' charity football match on Saturday.

I seen that which is what made me ask the question. Interesting to know, suppose Edinburgh might think there is a benefit of it if it leads to a couple of people deciding to attend a game because he is playing further down the line (unlikely as that may be).

52 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Did he win?

No. Recently split up with the girl he was coupled with on it because he allegedly cheated on her.

Thought we were okay first half today then rubbish second half.

I like the manager a lot but taking off Innes and putting on McLean was a huge mistake and clear at the time. Gave up any pretence of managing the game and left an exhausted Shanley to dangle out a leg to give away the free kick they got the winner from.

It's a very tough start to the season and we'll probably lose next week as well but overall I don't think we're too far off.

Annan look like they'll be last, just hope we're good/lucky enough not to be next

Bits of feedback from chatting to Queens fans during the game: 

two turnstiles is not enough we need another one - fans are not complaining hard about the length of time taking to get in

catering facilities - fans complaining about the one food van - taking too long to serve folk and why don’t we do pies ? 

not allocating seats - I’m a season ticket holder and I have a seat allocated but I couldn’t sit in my seat as a Queens fan was sitting there - luckily I did speak to Boab Fallon the ECFC fan rep at half time and he said it’s getting looked into