Edinburgh City

On 04/02/2024 at 18:47, Bay Citizen said:

Ouzy is still a City player but gone AWOL.  

Not really wanting to say anymore about Ouzy in particular.

However we've three wee tiny guys up front just now and could really be doing with getting a big striker in.

I read something at the weekend that we weren't intending to bring anyone else in on loan this season.

However when you're having to rely on your goalkeeper to nick us a goal, I'm thinking there MUST be some boy kicking about the Lowland league or free agent that could add some presence up top? 🤔 

20 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You're wanting a big striker......maybe Bonnyrigg will loan us Kieran McGachie then :lol:

Speaking of Bonnyrigg players, well Alieu Faye, anyway 

I had heard of him at civil service before and assumed he was a striker, but he's always back defending since he came to City.

What position did Faye play at Civil and Bonnyrigg for anyone that saw him then?

1 minute ago, Tenkay said:

Speaking of Bonnyrigg players, well Alieu Faye, anyway 

I had heard of him at civil service before and assumed he was a striker, but he's always back defending since he came to City.

What position did Faye play at Civil and Bonnyrigg for anyone that saw him then?

He was up front for Civil whenever I saw him play and was a handful for Lowland League defenders. I actually like him in defence though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Good performance from the team today and unlucky not to take anything from it.  Quite a fair bit of pressure applied to Hamilton at the end and only a brave bit of goalkeeping stopped us taking a point.

23 minutes ago, well again said:

How many Edinburgh fans were at the game yesterday?

If Rangers and Celtic can pull in 50,000 bigots for a game then it's quality not quantity that counts in Scottish football. 

And we're quality.  

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

If Rangers and Celtic can pull in 50,000 bigots for a game then it's quality not quantity that counts in Scottish football. 

And we're quality.  

That is a very fair point. 

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

And we're quality.  

It wasn't meant to be a criticism of Edinburgh , genuinely interested to see how many Hamilton fans were there yesterday and to do that I need to know how many Edinburgh fans were there . Good luck for the rest of the season and in the future.

1 minute ago, well again said:

It wasn't meant to be a criticism of Edinburgh , genuinely interested to see how many Hamilton fans were there yesterday and to do that I need to know how many Edinburgh fans were there . Good luck for the rest of the season and in the future.

Unfortunately I can only count to 20 and a half if I take my clothes off so 20 and a half City fans is my best guess! 

20 minutes ago, well again said:

About 50

6 hours ago, well again said:

A decent turn out for a struggling team . Around 8% of the total attendance of 651 . It just confirms how tinpot Hamilton really are.

I'm glad you clarified that about Hamilton, because we're definitely Not tinpot! 

9 hours ago, well again said:

How many Edinburgh fans were at the game yesterday?

I saw on the official attendance thing, (might have been on Hamilton website) it said 41 away fans.

40 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I saw on the official attendance thing, (might have been on Hamilton website) it said 41 away fans.

Cheers for that , so less than 600 home fans. Quite ridiculous from a town the size of Hamilton. Definately tinpot.

Edited by well again
Text