Edinburgh City

6 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'd say six points is a pretty light penalty for a club which doesn't pay its taxes or players. 

Hopefully Partick Thistle's recently announced £355k annual loss doesn't create any similar problems. 

1 minute ago, RubyTuesday said:

Hopefully Partick Thistle's recently announced £355k annual loss doesn't create any similar problems. 

Maybe you should post about that in the relevant thread, rather than being overly defensive and trying to deflect from your own club's failings?

4 hours ago, kevsmart said:

Partick are Full Time though.

Maybe they should go part time then if they're making a loss. Cut your cloth to suit  your budget, eh?!  

Also I notice Dundee United posted a loss of £2m last season... 

4 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Maybe they should go part time then if they're making a loss. Cut your cloth to suit  your budget, eh?!  

Also I notice Dundee United posted a loss of £2m last season... 

neither of these clubs have failed to pay players or HMRC which is the charges placed.  Yes their losses are not good at all but as yet they haven’t broken any rules, just as no charges were brought when Edinburgh city were losing money but were covering these bills when they were due.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

neither of these clubs have failed to pay players or HMRC which is the charges placed.  Yes their losses are not good at all but as yet they haven’t broken any rules, just as no charges were brought when Edinburgh city were losing money but were covering these bills when they were due.

You should know all about dodgy owners and their wily ways.. 

dunfermline.jpg.3a7ea65e7faf328f2fec8af2d9ce01e3.jpg

Rangers died, the Pars survived. And so will City. 

Just now, tamthebam said:

You should know all about dodgy owners and their wily ways.. 

dunfermline.jpg.3a7ea65e7faf328f2fec8af2d9ce01e3.jpg

Rangers died, the Pars survived. And so will City. 

I definitely do, and I desperately hope you are here in a decade with the same success in avoiding a crisis resulting in the end of it all.

That club statement is very well worded, and indicates that the club is going to survive, despite all the recent turmoil.

Hopefully that shuts up a few folk on Twitter, who despite supporting clubs at the same or similar levels to us, have been praying on our downfall (even though one day, their own club may be struggling too). Us City fans have got long memories, and always keep our receipts 😉

It’s a big “up yours” from me to them, and a win for City fans and those who have sympathised with our plight.

Edinburgh City are here to stay folks. Yes we’ll be getting relegated, but even after all this, if you’d offered me a miserable season with the club (somehow) surviving, instead of however long being called “Forth Capital Edinburgh”, I’d have snapped your hand off for it. Despite all the stress and turmoil of the last few months, I still stand by that.

Here’s hoping for a more positive future, regardless of what league we end up in I’ll be there, and I won’t be alone in that either. We’re a small but passionate lot who just want the best for our club 🖤🤍 

23 minutes ago, ARF1928 said:

That club statement is very well worded, and indicates that the club is going to survive, despite all the recent turmoil.

Hopefully that shuts up a few folk on Twitter, who despite supporting clubs at the same or similar levels to us, have been praying on our downfall (even though one day, their own club may be struggling too). Us City fans have got long memories, and always keep our receipts 😉

Great news, however I don't think Twitter is necessarily a good judge of opinion. There's a lot of good will out there for clubs at this level, to other clubs at this level, and that should be remembered. I'm sure I speak for the majority when I say that I don't want you to die, but I don't want to view games at your stadium.

41 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Great news, however I don't think Twitter is necessarily a good judge of opinion. There's a lot of good will out there for clubs at this level, to other clubs at this level, and that should be remembered. I'm sure I speak for the majority when I say that I don't want you to die, but I don't want to view games at your stadium.

Oh don’t worry, I can’t stand the new Meadowbank either 🤣

It’s awful, but it’s home, and I suppose I’d rather play there than have no ground at all (or ever pay S******s rent money ever again)

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Scott Mercer the latest player to leave having signed for Bonnyrigg Rose 🌹 

Good move for him 👍 

If he can do a Martyniuk and improve then good for him. 

If he can't oblivion* beckons

*free transfer to Whitehill