Edinburgh City

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The silence is probably because there's about three people running the club

Which in itself may be a barrier to obtaining the appropriate club license as it includes requirement for the likes of a Finance Manager and Safety Office, among others. Although I guess they needn't be a different individual in every instance.  

18 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The simple answer surely is if City are expelled then EK go up and City go to the LL. Would there really be many questioning that decision? I doubt Edinburgh University would be clamouring to regain their LL place or Dalbeattie wanting to get promoted.

Nothing in the LL rules saying they would have to take a club in those circumstances.

On 02/06/2024 at 15:28, the_bully_wee said:

Not really a relevant factor though, when it's the facility in question being critiqued. I doubt you'd find anyone with a grain of sanity who thinks Meadowbank is a halfway decent football facility from any viewpoint, never mind the spectator's.

Back on topic, it's bizarre that Edinburgh haven't been able to very quickly fulfil these pretty rudimentary licensing requirements. Surely cutting their outgoings towards the end of last season as drastically as they did means they are financially stable enough for things to be much less shambolic than this?

If there is only one spectator at an Edinburgh City game, it's little wonder they've had financial troubles..

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

If there is only one spectator at an Edinburgh City game, it's little wonder they've had financial troubles..

There are seats available on the supporters' tandem to Elgin if you fancy it

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Away from speculation and rumour there is a fact:

We're playing Broxburn Athletic away on 3rd July. The pies are nice, especially the steak and haggis. 

Although the way things are going it might be like the time Scotland kicked off and Estonia weren't there.... 

I'll see the pies don't get wasted.

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

could the East of Scotland League cope with two Livingston teams... :whistle

Your fantasising again tam,Bill Hunter done you over no one else.

The young Livi C3 lot now are all young men and absolutely tonto and more importantly from all over WL.

I'm in NL,originally from Whitburn 😘

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Your fantasising again tam,Bill Hunter done you over no one else.

The young Livi C3 lot now are all young men and absolutely tonto and more importantly from all over WL.

I'm in NL,originally from Whitburn 😘

just a wee wind up, nothing more. 

Technically you could say there are two Livingston teams in the EOSFL if the greater New Town takes in Pumpherston too

The SPFL/ Scottish football administrators are very loath to kick out clubs. That's the one thing that will keep ECFC going IMO.

Clydebank, Airdrie, Morton were all absolute shambles at the end of the 90s / beginning of the 2000s yet there was not much appetite to remove them, and in the first two cases the secanrios dragged on for several seasons. Get that we are in a different world now where there is a functioning pyramid, and a losing play off finalist absolutely desperate to get in the league by any means short of franchising (as far as we know). Further, you have the example of Massona-era "Livingston" who should really have been kicked out in 2009, and that's before we even get onto the case of Sevco5088.

However I do feel whoever is left running Edinburgh needs to get the finger out and fast. Even if they do survive a difficult season ahead on the park it looks very tough off it. I think the season ahead will be the final window to sort out the deep problems in the running /sustainability of the club.

Personally I doubt that the authorities have any appetite to expel a club on a technicality so late in the day given the disruption that will be caused.

Best of luck in trying to turn things around.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

just a wee wind up, nothing more. 

Technically you could say there are two Livingston teams in the EOSFL if the greater New Town takes in Pumpherston too

Fair do's tam 

Hopefully ECFC get their issues sorted out 🙂

Could be worse,ICTFC are a shambles..........

I believe some of last year's squad were kept, we signed 2 pre-contract and another is coming in as the Chairman of one of the selling clubs having said to me we'd signed one of their players. But as Fun Boy Three said "our lips are sealed". 

On 12/06/2024 at 11:07, Ivo den Bieman said:

The SPFL/ Scottish football administrators are very loath to kick out clubs. That's the one thing that will keep ECFC going IMO.

Clydebank, Airdrie, Morton were all absolute shambles at the end of the 90s / beginning of the 2000s yet there was not much appetite to remove them, and in the first two cases the secanrios dragged on for several seasons. Get that we are in a different world now where there is a functioning pyramid, and a losing play off finalist absolutely desperate to get in the league by any means short of franchising (as far as we know). Further, you have the example of Massona-era "Livingston" who should really have been kicked out in 2009, and that's before we even get onto the case of Sevco5088.

However I do feel whoever is left running Edinburgh needs to get the finger out and fast. Even if they do survive a difficult season ahead on the park it looks very tough off it. I think the season ahead will be the final window to sort out the deep problems in the running /sustainability of the club.

Personally I doubt that the authorities have any appetite to expel a club on a technicality so late in the day given the disruption that will be caused.

Best of luck in trying to turn things around.

Granted Bankies were without a ground and the clowns who tried to move us to Dublin etc got a lot of press, for the last couple of seasons we were actually pretty stable and at the time of scumdrie going bust we had a supporters led bid in to buy the team which more than met the asking price but was allegedly pipped to the post by a last minute bid that only just beat our own. Its a bit revisionist to say we were that kind of mess etc because financially im led to believe we turned a profit in our last season in the spfl. 

27 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Another pre-season friendly: we're playing Midlothian cracks Dalkeith Thistle at King's Park on 10th July 2024 at 7.30 pm. 

Playing a team 4 levels below you is going to be one helluva challenge. 😏

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Playing a team 4 levels below you is going to be one helluva challenge. 😏

Don't sneer, playing Gibraltar helped Scotland prepare for the Euros... :unsure2: