Edinburgh City

3 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

I'll be honest I'm having real pre-game pub issues with this move to Ainslie Park.

45 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The City Club is still going. We're still looking up bus timetables from Crewe Toll to Lochend...

I also remembered that Spiers Bar is also a good boozer and not too far away... Ainslie Park area is a bit of a desert when it comes to boozers though. 

Shame the 21 doesn't go past the city club bar as that would have been ideal.

Unfortunately the Village bar is as good as it gets unless you're planning have your pints at the West End before getting a bus to Crewe Toll and walk along the cycle path.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

ROUGH HOUSEs DOOCOT & FERYBOAT at DRYLAW , ANCHOR at WEST GRANTON ROAD JUST BEFORE GRANTON SQUARE. SPIERS at GOLDENACRE. SERVICE 21 ( FERRY ROAD )WILL TAKE U TO LOCHEND ROUND a BOUT WHICH is APPROX 10 MINUTES WALK FROM THE CITY CLUB or TAKE IT TO DUKE STREET & CHANGE SERVICE ( SAME BUS STOP ) . SERVICE 34 ( RICCARTON or LONGSTONE ) or SERVICE 49 ( KINGS ROAD or FORT KINNAIRD ) WHICH BOTH STOP JUST AT THE CITY CLUB . SERVICE 19 from WARDIE ROAD WILL ALSO TAKE U TO LOCHEND ROUND a BOUT BUT IT GOES THROUGH THE TOWN CENTRE & TAKES FOREVER . THE OLDE INN (MAIN STREET ) in DAVISONS MAINS or THE LAURISTON FARM at SILVERKOWES BUS TERMINUS ( LAURISTON FARM ROAD ) BOTH HAVE CHILDREN LICENCES THOUGH THE OLDE INN MAY REQUIRE U TO HAVE a MEAL AS WELL

11 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

I'll be honest I'm having real pre-game pub issues with this move to Ainslie Park.

So yer still going then despite threatening a boycott, bumping yer gums and spitting dummy oot pram,  you seem to have a lot of issues :whistle:P:thumsup2

13 hours ago, Lordy said:

The Anchor, Ferry Boat, 10-15 minute walk if you make it out alive.  8)

Take it the supporters club at Lochend has closed down since City have moved to Ainslie Park.

I've been in the Ferry Boat pre Spartans game before and walked along the old railway line straight to Ainslie Park. Fairly certain it's a Sam Smiths bar so wasn't keen on the lager but plenty beers. I never had a problem with any of the locals either. 

I used to go to the old City club on Baxter's place before a Spartans game as I wouldn't give them c@@@s any more than I had to (only kidding:P). How times have changed :whistle

I've walked from Waverley Station to Ainslie Park stopping off en route, as has been said Stockbridge has some fine bars. 

6 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

I've still got plenty issues

But you're still going, a few pages ago you were asking to boycott the club. :thumsup2

The issue I would have is when will you get yer ground back? 

Have they even started Meadowbank yet and can Spartans kick you oot after a certain lease is up? 

But you're still going, a few pages ago you were asking to boycott the club. :thumsup2
Have they even started Meadowbank yet and can Spartans kick you oot after a certain lease is up? 

If you are going back a few pages you'll see my summary of my meeting with the board. I don't agree with the club's decision and I think the lack of engagement with fans caused massive issues. We're putting a supporter association in place and if that works I'll be back.

Moses Olanrejawu & David Verlaque both signing for Edinburgh City tonight.

Moses was a big hit with the younger fans during his time with us. No doubt he is someone with potential and if you can get that out of him then you'll have a good player there. Very raw but has pace and trickery. Me personally, I wasn't such a big fan. I tended to find that Moses had the attributes listed above but very little else. He was very self centred, everything had to be about him and "The Moses Show", I just found it all a little frustrating in truth. There is nothing worse than sitting in a relatively empty stadium in the cesspit of Scottish Football, drawing a game and Moses running down the touchline wanting a high 5 from everyone who is leaving or doing jumping jacks down the park shouting "Moses, Moses, Moses" when actually, he hadn't played well or contributed a jot. I wish him well, it'll will be interesting to see how he does.

I'm chuffed for David Verlaque, I developed a soft spot for him and think you've found a player who, can blow hot and cold but if you can keep him hot is a good player. He played Right Back for us but there was always talk of his natural position being just off the front in an Attacking Midfield role, McLaren never played him there. He was good going forward, was a little suspect Defensively but I think he's a player you'll like. Never spoken to him or anything like that, just what you you would describe as an honest player. His crosses into the box are hit and miss but he has been known to skelp in the odd worldy. His confidence was shot under McLaren and he looked a shadow of the player he was when he left the club, but as I said, I think you'll like him.

Good luck to both players.....except when they face us of course.

12 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

we've got plan B, newky lad. Trotsky style entryism into the Welfare committee, throw up the DEVIL'S ILLUMINATION at Fergie Park, add a couple of turnstiles and Sir Peter's yer uncle- in we go!  

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

we've got plan B, newky lad. Trotsky style entryism into the Welfare committee, throw up the DEVIL'S ILLUMINATION at Fergie Park, add a couple of turnstiles and Sir Peter's yer uncle- in we go!  

If only pal,  we got the kb for them and a 3g park not that long ago :angry:so feck knows where if ever there will be a plan b at Ferguson Park  :(

Have gone for the 'couple of pints at the local then get the bus directly to the game approach'. Will probably have to get off for a p**s just after Princes Street but other than that it's working out okay for me. If Newky Brown could refrain from replying to this that would be great.

Hectors, Stockbridge Tap then Raeburn Hotel for some beer in their beer garden before the 15 min-or-so walk through Inverleith Park turned out to be rather pleasant. The sunshine helped, of course. When do the bulldozers start at Meadowbank...and have CoEC reconsidered their outrageous 500-seater off-centre stadium offering there?

2 hours ago, EmbraJam said:

Hectors, Stockbridge Tap then Raeburn Hotel for some beer in their beer garden before the 15 min-or-so walk through Inverleith Park turned out to be rather pleasant. The sunshine helped, of course. When do the bulldozers start at Meadowbank...and have CoEC reconsidered their outrageous 500-seater off-centre stadium offering there?

Would be interested to hear from any City fan about why they're in the stadium situation they're in. Was there ever consideration of trying to build their own ground or was that never a viable option?

On 18/07/2017 at 18:54, AllyMonc said:

Have gone for the 'couple of pints at the local then get the bus directly to the game approach'. Will probably have to get off for a p**s just after Princes Street but other than that it's working out okay for me. If Newky Brown could refrain from replying to this that would be great.

:lol:

Any obscenities shouted last night then. 

What's the long term plan I asked if yous are in agreement with Spartans or whoevers in charge at A.P for a long term lease if Meadowbank goes tits up? 

Edited by newcastle broon

3 hours ago, Brewing up a storm said:

Would be interested to hear from any City fan about why they're in the stadium situation they're in. Was there ever consideration of trying to build their own ground or was that never a viable option?

yes, as an East of Scotland League/Lowland team playing in front of 10,000 fanatics each week we really did have a spare 500K kicking about down the back of the sofa to build our own stadium. And to get past Edinburgh Council's planning department we could have bought some land on the false pretence that we were building either a hotel or student accomodation because that's the only fucking things that get built in the Capital these days. 

In other words it was about as viable an option as me for Kylie Minogue's next date.