Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

That's correct. To encourage more folk to roll up to the fridge that is Ainslie Park rather than watch from the warmth, safety and comfort of their living rooms.

Ainslie Park's warmer than my living room, matey. 

13 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

A great 2-1 victory for City tonight at Cowden. Thanks to the guys from the supporters club who were tweeting throughout the game, sounds like Brian made a worldie save near the end. 

Up into 4th, keep it going lads.  

A draw may have been the fair result, and Cowdenbeath may feel hard done by at the final result but we must remember City have 16 injuries and playing half an Under 20s team.  The young team battled and fought for every ball and in a way deserved 3 points.  Gary is pulling off a brilliant job keeping us in the mix for the play offs and maybe the youth system is producing great quality for the future.  Whoever runs the youth set up is doing a great job too.  Edinburgh are a young squad and building for the future.  Anything higher than 6th is a bonus in my view.  Well done the Manager, Chairman, Board, Under 20s coaches and players and the support who turned up on a cold December.    

24 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

How's Schwake been? Seems to have got himself into the team and stayed there and had a good run. Does he look capable of stepping up a level/league or two?

He started off well, saved us from a few hidings and was MOTM most weeks.

A couple of mistakes have crept in recently to be fair but still pulls off some cracking saves.

I can't comment about stepping up the Leagues because I only see L2 football but we had Josh Rae (now QOS) and Aiden McAdams (now Ayr) on loan to us a few seasons ago and he's probably as good as them 

41 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

He started off well, saved us from a few hidings and was MOTM most weeks.

A couple of mistakes have crept in recently to be fair but still pulls off some cracking saves.

I can't comment about stepping up the Leagues because I only see L2 football but we had Josh Rae (now QOS) and Aiden McAdams (now Ayr) on loan to us a few seasons ago and he's probably as good as them 

Cheers, it'll be interesting to see where he ends up next season as we will likely want him starting games

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Sunday's game is off due to the bad 'rona.

I was looking forward to a team of u20s doing as well, if not better, against Albion Rovers as the first team have this season but there you are 

Ah that's a shame. I was looking forward to watching City play in daylight for once. 

Outdoing Cowden in the loan stakes Jack Brydon from Hibs and Cameron Logan from Hearts have been signed on loan.

Brydon was previously on loan to Stenny and Strollers. They'll likely start against Elgin on Friday.

Given the curse of City shall I reserve a place for them in the queue for the sick room... 🤕 🚑