Edinburgh City

We did okay yesterday with a couple of decent performances and I think a draw would have been fair. 

But, this is basically a Lowland League first team with an East of Scotland bench and that lack of options off the bench cost us yesterday.

17 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

We did okay yesterday with a couple of decent performances and I think a draw would have been fair. 

But, this is basically a Lowland League first team with an East of Scotland bench and that lack of options off the bench cost us yesterday.

It was fairly even but losing in injury time was gutting although it was a beaut of a goal 

we still seem to lack some imagination in the final third but that will develop as the squad starts to gell more - East Fife away next Saturday will be a good test for us 

The other thing I will mention was that there were no match programmes on sale at the match and no reason has been given yet 

Also people who are members of the Edinburgh City Foundation are supposed to get a digital version of the match programme emailed to them before match day - that seemed to have stopped months ago too 

I’ve contacted the club for a comment but got nothing back so far 

We're getting better each week and deserved a draw yesterday, but still very short of players.

We need at least one more decent defender, a quality midfielder and definitely another striker.

I know We're skint and they cost money but hoping the premier league clubs will help us with loans. 🙏 

If we keep improving week by week, I'm getting more confident we Won't finish bottom.

4 hours ago, jacobsladder said:

The other thing I will mention was that there were no match programmes on sale at the match and no reason has been given yet 

Problems with the printers I believe was the reason. 

I shall have words with the Ed regarding the other point. 

basil.jpg.4fde7216bc00f1433c61cb889b35b731.jpg

21 hours ago, jacobsladder said:

Have any foundation members on here had issues with their membership? 
mine has disappeared from my Fanbase for some reason - asked the club for info on this but they’ve not replied 

No, mine is still on the app.  Possibly just a fanbase glitch.

Edited by Bay Citizen

Yesterday was bad, hopefully most of it was down to the weather but really not good. 

Bonnyrigg game on Saturday is, and noting it's very very early days, a big one. 

Hopefully MacArthur is back from injury and Robbo can go back into center mid. And that we get some loans in.

Interesting to see how Michael reacts as he's had a bit of a dig at the players 2 weeks in a row now

On 11/08/2024 at 20:08, AllyMonc said:

Interesting to see how Michael reacts as he's had a bit of a dig at the players 2 weeks in a row now

I don't see how he could say much, he signed them all and knows what level they've come from!

I'll say the players have done well so far, better than I was expecting! 👏 

Edited by Tenkay

So.... what happened!!??? Bridie and a 3 goal win sounds like a good day out!

Two matches undefeated! Has a wee corner been turned? Have the team started to gel and just maybe the season isn't a total write-off? Or were Forfar honking on the day and very much "McKinnon'd"?

4 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Two matches undefeated! Has a wee corner been turned? Have the team started to gel and just maybe the season isn't a total write-off? Or were Forfar honking on the day and very much "McKinnon'd"?

I’d say mckinnoned. But then again you’s scored 3 and dug in against a shower of fairies . I wouldn’t gauge how your season is going to go against our shit show 

5 hours ago, printer said:

How is Robbo doing at Edinburgh. See he's been made captain. Terrific footballer and a great professional..

He's doing well- the manager has had him playing in defence at right back whereas a few of us would like to see him in midfield but we're happy to have him. 

10 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Well.. we played Bonnyrigg last week who aren't the best team in the Division and Forfar who weren't very good so I'm not getting carried away but hopefully things can kick on from yesterday. We'll see against the Fish Botherers next week.. 

53 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

Well today I did the one thing fans should never do at a football match - I left at half time - we were just dire today - well done Peterhead 

^^^ City Ultra found