Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

54 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Id imagine Goram probably sleeps/passes out in there.

I believe Laudrup joked he should make a bed for him down there.

There are pictures of Laudrup out the skylight of the team bus celebrating a League or cup win 

I think he could enjoy himself with the best of them

So £6 million rated Barrie McKay has signed for Nottingham Forest for less than Rangers paid for Michael O'Halloran.

Ooft.

I hope Wright and Brown are paying attention. Rangers are clearly walkovers in the transfer market.

Edited by Kyle

Half a million for a very inconsistent player with a year left on his contract sounds about right to me.

The 6m thing was an utter fantasy dreamt up in the Record.

Scored a screamer against Celtic 2 seasons ago and has done nothing of note since then. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/celtic-kid-kieran-tierney-decent-9654414

'Here’s the thing: Tierney, good player though he undoubtedly is, isn’t the big Tuna, the most exciting player in this wee pond of ours.

That title belongs to Rangers Barrie McKay.

Let’s put Tierney’s qualities into context. Scotland has had a decent record of producing full-backs over the years, he isn’t even the best we have in that slot with Hull’s Andrew Robertson the best of the current crop. In short, he’s just another from the shelf.

McKay on the other hand is a ‘tanner ba’ player of the type we rarely see anymore.

Technically he’s the best young player Rangers have produced since Barry Ferguson and the best I’ve seen in the Scottish game this season. He glides with the ball, moving past players effortlessly with his low centre of gravity and agility key attributes. He has a wonderful range of passing, his first touch is exquisite and his slight frame masks an explosive shot as Craig Gordon will testify.

Primarily used by Warburton as in inverted winger, the notion persists that over time he will develop into a fully formed and deadly number 10 for club and country.'

sjm.jpg.e82f40e6481784bbd3e5854d6cbda4ed.jpg

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/celtic-kid-kieran-tierney-decent-9654414

'Here’s the thing: Tierney, good player though he undoubtedly is, isn’t the big Tuna, the most exciting player in this wee pond of ours.
Let’s put Tierney’s qualities into context. Scotland has had a decent record of producing full-backs over the years, he isn’t even the best we have in that slot with Hull’s Andrew Robertson the best of the current crop. In short, he’s just another from the shelf.
McKay on the other hand is a ‘tanner ba’ player of the type we rarely see anymore.
Technically he’s the best young player Rangers have produced since Barry Ferguson and the best I’ve seen in the Scottish game this season. He glides with the ball, moving past players effortlessly with his low centre of gravity and agility key attributes. He has a wonderful range of passing, his first touch is exquisite and his slight frame masks an explosive shot as Craig Gordon will testify.
Primarily used by Warburton as in inverted winger, the notion persists that over time he will develop into a fully formed and deadly number 10 for club and country.'

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

11 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The best young player since Barry ferguson :lol: that macfarlane talks some amount of pish

Edited by Forever_blueco

For me Barrie Mckay had loads of potential but that is exactly what he is, potential. Its not really materialized as of yet and that became even more apparent when you seen the form of Patrick Roberts at the back end of last season (not easy to admit :lol:). I dont think he will get as much patience from the Nottingham Forest fans as there where many games he was pretty poor for Rangers but he got the benefit of the doubt. 

Having said that I would still rather keep him as the lad Dalcio didn't exactly set the world on fire the other night, although it is early days. If he doesn't want to be here then it is better for both parties if he moves on, and i think 500k for a inconsistent player with a year left on his contract is fair IMO. 

Did someone actually print that in a real newspaper? How do these people get and keep jobs?

4 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

That man has won more major trophies than your club. bit of respect please

Even if I go along with the 'new club' stance, I doubt I will have to wait 114 years for a SC win. Plus, joking aside , you must admit he is a weird looking guy?:lol:

500k only for Barrie McKay?  Rangers should have gotten at least a million for him.  This could mean that they probably won't have any academy products as first team regulars this season.

I hope Big Malky & his Project Brave guys are taking note. That would be interesting trying to justify them being granted elite status.......