Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

Haha jesus christ. I will never understand people who still act like Pena wasn't a terrible signing.

Terrible signing is hyperbolic nonsense. If we were talking about Alves, then I would probably agree. Pena clearly had fitness/injury and/or attitude problems. None of that detracts from his obvious ability. His goal scoring record alone puts  our strikers to shame. Maybe if Pena had run about like a headless chicken like Morelos, Rangers fans would've been slower to write him off.

If Pena had half the chances that Morelos has recently missed, he would be sitting as top scorer in Scotland. If Murty had any say in Pena's departure, he should be hunted. He should have been hunted after nearly greeting after the Dundee loss anyway.

Give Pena those 2 sitters that Morelos missed at the piggery, and we walk away deserved winners. If you're going to slag off Pena, Morelos deserves it too.  Personally, I'd rather have a clinical lazy player, than a wasteful headless chicken Kenny Miller impersonator.

Terrible signing is hyperbolic nonsense. If we were talking about Alves, then I would probably agree. Pena clearly had fitness/injury and/or attitude problems. None of that detracts from his obvious ability. His goal scoring record alone puts  our strikers to shame. Maybe if Pena had run about like a headless chicken like Morelos, Rangers fans would've been slower to write him off.
If Pena had half the chances that Morelos has recently missed, he would be sitting as top scorer in Scotland. If Murty had any say in Pena's departure, he should be hunted. He should have been hunted after nearly greeting after the Dundee loss anyway.
Give Pena those 2 sitters that Morelos missed at the piggery, and we walk away deserved winners. If you're going to slag off Pena, Morelos deserves it too.  Personally, I'd rather have a clinical lazy player, than a wasteful headless chicken Kenny Miller impersonator.

So you’re admitting you spent £2m on an overweight player with a terrible attitude.

In the context of Scottish football how is that not a terrible signing?

Also is he not an attacking midfielder as opposed to a striker? So why the Morelos comparison?

58 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So you’re admitting you spent £2m on an overweight player with a terrible attitude.

Also is he not an attacking midfielder as opposed to a striker? So why the Morelos comparison?

Schoolboy error, you expect a *** to know football stuff.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

That's just rude :(

Best being quiet Romeo, you will lose any debate you have with him, he reads the Sun and everything.

ETA - I think Murphy will be a decent signing. A good replacment for Miller in his workrate, hes never been a massive goalscorer however. 

Edited by gannonball

He's easily the most intelligent poster on P&B at the moment. The fact that he constantly insinuates that multiple posters are stupid proves this.

I know my place...

Whatever you do, don’t make s valid point, that’s when the abuse starts.

9 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I never mentioned £2m, or Pena being overweight.  I dont believe either of those are true. In the context of Scottish football, I think pena has the best goals to minutes played ratio in Scotland. Even better than the 40m(est) dempele. So no, I can't accept Pena was a terrible signing.

The comparison to Morelos is perhaps a touch unfair, but i chose Morelos to illustrate the hypocrisy among supporters. Morelos has been equally unimpressive in the majority of games, but because he throws himself about, he gives the impression of trying harder. Often when players are like that, it's to compensate for a lack of ability. (see Kenny Miller).

Rangers fans have  a history of making the more skilful players scapegoats. O'halloron, Templeton, Mckay, and now Pena being perfect examples. To be fair to Rangers fans, it's somewhat a national disease. Probably explains why we'll never qualify for a world cup anytime soon. Fans are happy watching absolute shite players, as long as they scrape a 1-0 victory and everyone gives 110%.

Finally, I'd like to see a middling Scottish midfielder ply his trade in the Mexican league, and read what Mexicans say on their forums about him after hes played a dozen games. Probably the same shite that gets written on here.

Edited by WeWereThePeople

20 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

There’re busy

"There 're" is fine.  It's a contraction of "there are".  A bit unorthodox, but fine.

You need to say "they're busy" which would involve a contraction of "they are" which is different.  Your mockery is therefore unsuccessful.

12 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Jimmy Nicholl seems to be a popular appointment due to his massive levels of staunchness.

1994 (coca cola) league cup earned Jimmy a place in the nation's heart...

"There 're" is fine.  It's a contraction of "there are".  A bit unorthodox, but fine.
You need to say "they're busy" which would involve a contraction of "they are" which is different.  Your mockery is therefore unsuccessful.

f**k you Bob Dylan