Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Need to ask the question why hasn't the lad bates played more? Looks a solid defender, was very impressed with the shape of rangers yesterday the back four and especially the right hand side.

He is a good player and I don't think he's let us down - he was excellent when we beat Dolly at the start of December.  Pedro had him fifth after Alves, Cardoso, McCrorie and Wilson but I think he and Wilson should now be our favoured CB pairing.

He is a good player and I don't think he's let us down - he was excellent when we beat Dolly at the start of December.  Pedro had him fifth after Alves, Cardoso, McCrorie and Wilson but I think he and Wilson should now be our favoured CB pairing.
I think him and Wilson would make a good cb pairing. A strong back 4 is something that has been sorely missed. Love Declan John as a player, dont want him pushed forward when Wallace returns for me he is a solid dedender who his great going forward and for me Wallace is best his best. Done well but time for the new boys

5 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

See Warburton’s got the push at Forest! Wonder if his agent has already engineered a move elsewhere!?

I have mixed feeling re The Hat.  His first six months were a real breath of fresh air, especially compared to the torpid performances we 'enjoyed' under Sally.  We had some terrific wins, including utterly mugging Dundee in the cup QF then giving The Filth a showing-up in the semi.  Can't remember who we lost to in the cup final and it's seldom discussed on here.

His second window was a complete disaster and his insistence that Dom Ball and Rob Kiernan were a decent CB pairing is madness beyond belief.  Big Davie has to shoulder some of the blame here too.  There's also something unsavoury about his dependency on Frank McParland and there's more than a hint of brown envelopes IMO.

So two high level failures for Warbs?  I wonder where his next gig will be.

1 hour ago, quickoverayard said:
1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I think him and Wilson would make a good cb pairing. A strong back 4 is something that has been sorely missed. Love Declan John as a player, dont want him pushed forward when Wallace returns for me he is a solid dedender who his great going forward and for me Wallace is best his best. Done well but time for the new boys

Oor Pedro's best piece of business?  I hope he keeps the LB slot for many years.  Declan, Young Master Bates, Barjonas and, of course, the Gangly Assassin in DM are the very players Murty needs to build the team around.

Oor Pedro's best piece of business?  I hope he keeps the LB slot for many years.  Declan, Young Master Bates, Barjonas and, of course, the Gangly Assassin in DM are the very players Murty needs to build the team around.

Would have been happy for Warburton to leave with best wishes if I thought he’d been completely honest with us (the supporters) Kinc. I don’t think he was (perhaps with the encouragement of his ‘advisors’) but I can’t pretend that I’ll lose any sleep over his failure at Forest.
As you say, mixed feelings given that he did indeed capture a couple of fleeting highlights in his time with us.

Oooh by a long stretch hes had money and in my opinion he was very wasteful with it. So do i, the 4 mentioned have great potential and loads of years in front of them they will only improve. I just hope he sticks with them.

As for improving the front line my first bit of business would be to gibe kranjcar away to anyone who is stupid enough to take him, miller a coaching roll after this season and to bring in 2 players for now, a winger and a better centre forward.

10 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Would have been happy for Warburton to leave with best wishes if I thought he’d been completely honest with us (the supporters) Kinc. I don’t think he was (perhaps with the encouragement of his ‘advisors’) but I can’t pretend that I’ll lose any sleep over his failure at Forest.
As you say, mixed feelings given that he did indeed capture a couple of fleeting highlights in his time with us.

Snap.  We have steak pie (natch) on tomorrow's Ne'erday menu and I was reminded of Warburton's defense when I nipped out to Tesco earlier to buy puff pastry...

10 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Oooh by a long stretch hes had money and in my opinion he was very wasteful with it. So do i, the 4 mentioned have great potential and loads of years in front of them they will only improve. I just hope he sticks with them.

As for improving the front line my first bit of business would be to gibe kranjcar away to anyone who is stupid enough to take him, miller a coaching roll after this season and to bring in 2 players for now, a winger and a better centre forward.

Shame about Niko.  Not only are his legs gone but he doesn't even seem able to hit a decent dead ball now.  Still a nice guy.

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

All gone a bit stale for him down there.

That reminds me, only an excuse should be on tonight.

6 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

See Warburton’s got the push at Forest! Wonder if his agent has already engineered a move elsewhere!?

I'm guessing that he had a lot of draws down there?

4 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Only An Excuse 11.00pm, same old jokes, but it’s like a neighbour you invite round pished just the once every year, has to be done eh!? emoji846.png

One laugh in it this year.