Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

12 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Aye, he's awarded me a few points over the years for same.

I think he's let the mask slip, big team found etc................

Tbf, i've just checked and it was actually another mod that punished my sparkling wit on that occasion..... Hes been placed on big team monitoring accordingly.

A nice wee deflection article. 

Rangers have stepped up their search for a new manager with Frank Lampard and Kevin Muscat making it into the final round of interviewees.

Record Sport understands former Chelsea and Everton boss Lampard met a high powered Ibrox delegation in London on Wednesday night to discuss taking over from sacked boss Michael Beale. And current Yokohama Marinos head coach Muscat held talks over a video call at breakfast time yesterday morning, after returning to Japan following an Asian Champions League win over Shandong Taishan in China.

Further candidates could yet be spoken to over the weekend with Kilmarnock boss Derek McInnes another name still under serious consideration. And we can reveal the man who broke Rangers’ hearts in Seville 18 months ago, former Frankfurt Eintracht boss Oliver Glasner, has thrown his hat into the ring at the 11th hour in the hope of muscling his way into the process.

Austrian Glasner led the Bundesliga outfit to the Europa League title when his team defeated Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s side on penalties in May 2022. The 49-year-old lost his job in the summer despite leading Eintracht into the last 16 of last season’s Champions League and was last month pipped at the post by Julian Nagelsmann in the race to become Germany’s new national team boss.

On Wednesday night Glasner instructed his representatives to officially register an interest in the vacant Ibrox hotseat. But, by then, Rangers had already triggered the next phase of the club’s manager hunt by arranging face-to-face discussions with the men they already considered to be the leading contenders

1 hour ago, bennett said:

There will be many that use the term with no religious offensive intention, but there will be many that do. I suppose now there is no question as to whether it is deemed sectarian if you use the term.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, AJF said:

There will be many that use the term with no religious offensive intention, but there will be many that do. I suppose now there is no question as to whether it is deemed sectarian if you use the term.

There's hasn't been for a long time now yet some people don't want to move with the times. 

PnB definitely has a blind spot for this issue and undoubtedly we'll still see people desperately defending their right to post sectarian content whilst also getting upset about Old Firm fans using sectarian terms in their songs. Even on the last few pages here we've got some edge lord types giggling away about being warned for posting bigoted slurs...

I mean I'd get it why some 12 year old might try and defend those terms to the hilt but actual grown ups doing so is pretty wild behaviour. 

This is a country that charged someone for ‘aggressively blessing himself, now we have a the judge saying you are a Celtic fan so therefore a catholic, you use the *** to refer to rangers fans, rangers fans are Protestants so your actions are based on religious grounds, absolutely mental.

I could give you a list of catholics who have or do play for rangers, every one of them is a ***. 

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

This is a country that charged someone for ‘aggressively blessing himself, now we have a the judge saying you are a Celtic fan so therefore a catholic, you use the *** to refer to rangers fans, rangers fans are Protestants so your actions are based on religious grounds, absolutely mental.

I could give you a list of catholics who have or do play for rangers, every one of them is a ***. 

celtic fans. We completely object to sectarianism and want sectarian terms made illegal. 

Also celtic fans. That's outrageous that we can't use a sectarian term to describe our rivals. 

“There are many theories and much speculation as to the origins of the term ‘***’. It is variously claimed as a reference to nomadic people who invaded the Roman Empire in the fourth and fifth centuries, as a derogatory name for German soldiers or as a colloquial reference to a savage. “

“We do not accept that in a footballing context those using the term are doing so by any genuine reference to its historic usage.“

I can assure you the people using it on here are doing so because they view your fan base as savages, not because they hate Protestants.

Like I mentioned before, there will be some that use the term with no religious connotation to it and it will obviously depend on the situation.

In this instance, I imagine the fact that the offender used the term towards police while at a match that Rangers weren’t actually involved in nor could they identify the police officer as a Rangers fan makes it harder for them to argue it was a term used only to describe a Rangers fan.

Edited by AJF