Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 hours ago, AJF said:

We (Rangers fans) often get told on here that our victories must be hollow and can't possibly compare to victories of other teams due to the advantages we hold over them but are simultaneously told that we are celebrating too much.

You’ll be able to find a post from me saying that your victories are hollow I’m sure?

Otherwise…..what do those opinions have to do with me?

Good result for you though in all seriousness. Hiring an actual manager seems to have worked wonders for you.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

You’ll be able to find a post from me saying that your victories are hollow I’m sure?

Otherwise…..what do those opinions have to do with me?

Good result for you though in all seriousness. Hiring an actual manager seems to have worked wonders for you.

He may come across as an actual manager, but he does keep putting Lammers on the pitch.

8 hours ago, AJF said:

We (Rangers fans) often get told on here that our victories must be hollow and can't possibly compare to victories of other teams due to the advantages we hold over them but are simultaneously told that we are celebrating too much.

They are hollow because they regularly involve skullduggery from corrupt Masonic match officials and/or corrupt Masonic owners with shady business practices.

Sevco and their predecessor entity make the 1988 Olympics 100 metres final look honest and respectable.

3 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

They are hollow because they regularly involve skullduggery from corrupt Masonic match officials and/or corrupt Masonic owners with shady business practices.

Sevco and their predecessor entity make the 1988 Olympics 100 metres final look honest and respectable.

IMG_7559.gif

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement-191223/52E4GHovhXK1zFDdrKTjOS

DESPITE winning a case put to an SPFL Board Sub-Committee, Rangers FC, with extreme disappointment, will not have any supporters present at Parkhead for the Old Firm match on December 30.

The Sub-Committee agreed with Rangers that Celtic FC’s stance of providing zero tickets to Rangers’ fans was unreasonable. 

Despite the fact that the Sub-Committee agreed with Rangers, the Sub-Committee was unwilling to determine what a ‘reasonable’ number of tickets for the fixture would be. 

The Sub-Committee was unable to determine this reasonable number due to the fact that the other party had not submitted enough evidence on this issue, despite having ample opportunity to do so in the weeks and months leading up to the hearing.

Rangers’ position has always been clear. We want away fans from all clubs at our stadium and wish for that to be reciprocated when we travel to other clubs’ grounds.

This decision calls into question the effectiveness, and highlights the procedural defects, of SPFL Rule I27. 

To Rangers, it is grossly unfair that if a club (in this case Celtic) fails to submit sufficient evidence as part of such proceedings, it effectively ties the hands of a Sub-Committee in being able to determine what a reasonable number of tickets should be; especially when the Sub-Committee agrees that the reasonable number cannot be zero. 

Conversely, if a club (in this case Rangers) complies fully and provides all necessary information in good faith, it can still be penalised.

The club will consider its position before participating in any further SPFL led hearings. 

Rangers, alongside several other SPFL clubs, also looks forward to the overdue findings of the ongoing, protracted SPFL Governance review. 

Rangers will be making no further comment at this time.

SPFL scared to sanction or force Celtic to comply with a rule they have agreed they are breaching.

Edited by AJF

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement-191223/52E4GHovhXK1zFDdrKTjOS

SPFL scared to sanction or force Celtic to comply with a rule they have agreed they are breaching.

Also appears that Rangers are taking the huff. "If we dinnae get what we want, we're no comin' back."

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Also appears that Rangers are taking the huff. "If we dinnae get what we want, we're no comin' back."

Aye, but it does seem rather counterproductive if Rangers have made efforts to put their evidence and case forward only to be told, actually we won’t be doing anything because the other party hasn’t complied with our request to provide evidence. Baffling.

The Spfl have previously intervened in ticket disputes between clubs and enforced their rules, very strange that they are now unwilling to comply with their own rule book in this instance. 

30 minutes ago, stressball said:

Shame that. Almost like both teams are playing the game to get what they want…

And it’s getting none of them what they want.

Yep, it is indeed. However Celtic are flat out ignoring an SPFL rule by not making away tickets available. And the SPFL seem content to just allow it.

I disagree with our decision to reduce the initial allocation, but the club was within its rights to do so, so I’m not sure it’s really comparable.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yep, it is indeed. However Celtic are flat out ignoring an SPFL rule by not making away tickets available. And the SPFL seem content to just allow it.

I disagree with our decision to reduce the initial allocation, but the club was within its rights to do so, so I’m not sure it’s really comparable.

The SPFL and the SFA allow sectarian chanting and offensive banners by two teams in Scotland which is different to what UEFA do. 

And you expect our footballing authorities to do something about some ticket allocations?

They can’t even do a 50:50 seat allocation for a national final unless it’s two specific teams. 

😜 

7 minutes ago, Molotov said:

The SPFL and the SFA allow sectarian chanting and offensive banners by two teams in Scotland which is different to what UEFA do. 

And you expect our footballing authorities to do something about some ticket allocations?

They can’t even do a 50:50 seat allocation for a national final unless it’s two specific teams. 

😜 

The SPFL and SFA have no power to punish teams for sectarianism as UEFA do. Clubs voted against strict liability therefore they cannot intervene. It is a police matter.

Away ticketing allocations, however, is another matter because they do have rules that cover such scenarios.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I did try tell you there would be no fans at Celtic Park for this game. 

The rule says a reasonable number of tickets need to be made available but what if that number is in fact 0? What determines what is reasonable and what isn’t? 

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I did try tell you there would be no fans at Celtic Park for this game. 

The rule says a reasonable number of tickets need to be made available but what if that number is in fact 0? What determines what is reasonable and what isn’t? 

The Green Brigade?