Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

59 minutes ago, stressball said:

Murrayfield needs to be ready for rugby on the 2nd of November…

Not sure how much they’ll demand to have it in use prior to that, especially with midweek European games.

Did you have any home friendlies planned?

From what’s being said it seems we might only need somewhere else until the end of August.

Nah, no home friendlies were planned simply as we knew Ibrox was going to be out of action for a while.

53 minutes ago, Caballero said:

Extremely amateur and unprofessional conduct if you ask me.

Spending millions of pounds on players, rather than keeping the stadium in the required condition for actual games.

I await the media frenzy and Clement saying how unacceptable it is and that it looks very bad for Scottish football.

Then surely a fine.

You do understand the stadium works are improvements to introduce a disabled supporter viewing platform? It has nothing to do with keeping up to a required condition.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

You do understand the stadium works are improvements to introduce a disabled supporter viewing platform? It has nothing to do with keeping up to a required condition.

And sheer negligence, stupidity and unprofessionalism has prevented you from being able to fulfil some home games.

What will big Phil have to say about this comedy hour, he had plenty about us.

11 minutes ago, Caballero said:

And sheer negligence, stupidity and unprofessionalism has prevented you from being able to fulfil some home games.

What will big Phil have to say about this comedy hour, he had plenty about us.

But it isn’t the case the fixtures haven’t been fulfilled, as it stands. They’ll either be played at an alternative venue, or we will have a couple of our home games switched to away games in the first round of fixtures, I’d imagine. I’d be very surprised if there are any postponements.

If they can't get SPFL to start with 4 away games it'll be Murrayfield but this raises issues of its own.

When did both OF last play 'away' using transport/etc. at same time (nevermind 40k+ from Rangers)?

What if Hearts are also due home?

etc. etc.

Edited by HibeeJibee

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

But it isn’t the case the fixtures haven’t been fulfilled, as it stands. They’ll either be played at an alternative venue, or we will have a couple of our home games switched to away games in the first round of fixtures, I’d imagine. I’d be very surprised if there are any postponements.

It won’t be a problem because the authorities will bend over backwards to help you out.

Just now, kent_don said:

It won’t be a problem because the authorities will bend over backwards to help you out.

I just don’t see any equivalence here. The fixtures will likely either get played at a different venue or they’ll swap a couple of our away fixtures scheduled for the second round of fixtures and bring them forward to the first round.

The only team that will be impacted negatively here is Rangers as we will either a) play home games away from Ibrox, or b) start the season with a batch of away fixtures

16 minutes ago, olliethedug said:

What are they doing to the stand?

Adding a cantilevered extension to add wheelchair accessible spaces and additional seating.

Edited by AJF

55 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

If they can't get SPFL to start with 4 away games it'll be Murrayfield but this raises issues of its own.

When did both OF last play 'away' using transport/etc. at same time (nevermind 40k+ from Rangers)?

What if Hearts are also due home?

etc. etc.

Depending on how long it takes, they may also run into issues with Edinburgh having home games at Dam Health