Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Football Stewart (formerly known as the Radar) did a good analysis of him.

Basically a very good passer. Concerns are all the obvious stuff that comes up when you look at his playing record - injuries etc.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You're apparently in talks with Jack Wilshire. 

That would not end well. 

Depends doesn't it. If you get him at a very reasonable wage (apparently West Ham paid 85% of his contract up) and keep him fit for a while, it's a good signing.

All depends on what you're paying him though.

28 minutes ago, G51 said:

Depends doesn't it. If you get him at a very reasonable wage (apparently West Ham paid 85% of his contract up) and keep him fit for a while, it's a good signing.

All depends on what you're paying him though.

I was half expecting Wiltshere to be quoted for one Scottish club and for one Scottish company tonight so this isn’t a surprise.

8 hours ago, thepundit said:

So Zungu’s club were asking for £4m and now they are apparently set to allow him to join Rangers on loan and sign a permanent contract in January in order to join on a free transfer next summer?

You've maybe now noticed, but its been reported that hes extended his Amiens deal by 12 months before joining you lot on loan.

4 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm going to hazard a guess and say no. 

3 hours ago, G51 said:

Football Stewart (formerly known as the Radar) did a good analysis of him.

Basically a very good passer. Concerns are all the obvious stuff that comes up when you look at his playing record - injuries etc.

So we'll find out soon enough:

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Do you or anyone know if Zunga is actually any good>

I’m going to assume he’s decent. On the whole recent signings pretty much all bring something to the table and have bettered the squad. I like the way the club and Ross Wilson operate when it comes to transfers. 

19 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I’m going to assume he’s decent. On the whole recent signings pretty much all bring something to the table and have bettered the squad. I like the way the club and Ross Wilson operate when it comes to transfers. 

We've seen a massive step up in how we do business since Wilson came on board.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

We've seen a massive step up in how we do business since Wilson came on board.

Since Wilson came in, we've signed the following: Roofe, Itten, Hagi, McLaughlin, Bassey, Defoe (Bosman), Balogun, Zungu, Kamberi

Not many duds in there. You could argue about Kamberi, and obviously it's very early for some of these players, but the returns are promising so far IMO.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Since Wilson came in, we've signed the following: Roofe, Itten, Hagi, McLaughlin, Bassey, Defoe (Bosman), Balogun, Zungu, Kamberi

Not many duds in there. You could argue about Kamberi, and obviously it's very early for some of these players, but the returns are promising so far IMO.

That's not a bad list.  Also, the manner in which the deals have been signed has been impressive.  Zungu aside, it's all been kept low-key - which is a welcome change.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Kamberi was like one of those occasions where you’re starving and know McDonalds is greasy grot, but you go anyway because there’s f**k all else about within a reasonable amount of miles. Needs must.

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's not a bad list.  Also, the manner in which the deals have been signed has been impressive.  Zungu aside, it's all been kept low-key - which is a welcome change.

Exactly what I was saying.