Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

The Tories obviously have a very effective PR strategy, given they've managed to win so many elections despite their high levels of venality, stupidity and incompetence over their last 11 years in government.

Would you attribute their apparent ability to avoid media scrutiny solely to their PR department, or do you accept that there are other factors?

28 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Working as intended, then. By my count that's 41 successful PR strategies and one ugly seething petulant mess. Rangers should maybe work on adding to the 41 sometime.

Petition for the PieandBovril spellchecker to replace Rangers with 'Victim FC' citing the above quote as evidence.

I reckon you perhaps picked the wrong week to complain about Rangers being victimized by the mainstream media, given that the 'victims' of this 'persecution' obviously deserve every piece of shame and opprobrium heaped upon them by the tabloids and everyone else, for shitting up the internet with racism, homophobia and hate speech.

What part of all that’s come out this week are you struggling with? Have you conveniently chosen to not have seen the various bigoted tweets from the personal accounts of journalists employed by said tabloid??

My posts weren’t intended to portray Rangers as the victims but to point out that said tabloid journos decided to go on a bigotry witch-hunt but were known to have an agenda then proven to be part of the bigotry problem.

Edited by 8MileBU

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What part of this are you struggling with? Have you conveniently chose to not have seen the various bigoted tweets from the personal accounts of journalists employed by said tabloid??

My posts weren’t intended to portray Rangers as the victims but to point out that said tabloid journos decided to go on a bigotry witch-hunt but were known to have an agenda then proven to be part of the bigotry problem.

Do you think the H&H guy should continue to be affiliated with Rangers

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What part of this are you struggling with? Have you conveniently chose to not have seen the various bigoted tweets from the personal accounts of journalists employed by said tabloid??

This is in no way anything that could be called "whataboutery", no siree

30 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Yes he did

I know you're not the strongest shamrock in the window box but the idea that Billy Fullerton was in league with the KKK is risible.

The last Celtic fan to raise this pathetic piece of nonsense was the idiot The_King - which I doubt many will remember.

16 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Would you attribute their apparent ability to avoid media scrutiny solely to their PR department, or do you accept that there are other factors?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Whatever they're doing, it's working. Some of it is down to their handling of the media - they've colonized the BBC, for example. Some of it is due to other factors. I'm not ITK in the Tory party political strategy department to be able to analyse it much more than that.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Is it whataboutery? Saying ‘but look, Aberdeen fans keep invading the pitch’ would be to my mind, it’s completely outside the scope of discussion and a massive deflection.

The Record’s case appears to be; ‘Clubs have a responsibility to vet those media companies they formalise relationships with, Rangers can be judged negatively because H&H contributors posted vile tweets’.   There’s obviously a bit of background to this as it pertains to new and old media and Rangers charging model that Spiers has been posting about, because subtext is dead.
The Record employees getting their twitters checked seems more of a ‘good for the goose is good for the gander’ situation than anything else?

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Do you think the H&H guy should continue to be affiliated with Rangers

In an official capacity, no. As a fan, well it’s up to him what he does moving forward I guess. 

Personally I’ve always found H&H to be quite hit and miss. Yes, they’ve been a reliable, insightful source of info as someone with direct access to the club, but far too often, a lot of the chatter involves talking about (and I quote) “them”. Last Friday’s live podcast was a prime example where it was good to start off with but then descended into being all about and talking about “them” which was frankly really fucking boring.

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

^^^ This is. 

Utterly pointless too.

29 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What part of all that’s come out this week are you struggling with? Have you conveniently chosen to not have seen the various bigoted tweets from the personal accounts of journalists employed by said tabloid??

Indeed.  Sadly, this will be castigated as 'whitabootery' on here.

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Didn't take long for the racist slurs concerning my ethnic background to seep out of you

I know the bottle of turpentine you are slurping has a better grasp of reality than your pickled self but in what sense is it risible that a member of the National Union of Fascists that also led an anti-catholic razor gang would found a chapter of the K.K.K?

Trope on.  There is no connection between Billy Fullerton and the KKK.

35 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  Sadly, this will be castigated as 'whitabootery' on here.

Yes I expect so. It can be called “whitabootery” as much as folk please but the facts of the matter are that despite H&H not exactly painted themselves in the best of lights, the tabloid organisation should’ve ensured they had their own house in order first before they set out on their witch-hunt. That way it mightn’t have backfired in their faces and outed them as just another gutter tabloid with an agenda borne of bitterness. 

The tabloid were so consumed with their bitter agenda it inadvertently revealed their complete ineptitude as an organisation and employer given several of their employees were left to wantonly make inflammatory hateful bigoted remarks on Twitter numerous times; thus making them not only embarrassingly hypocritical, but equally complicit in the problem that is sectarianism.

Edited by 8MileBU

17 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Yes I expect so. It can be called “whitabootery” as much as folk please but the facts of the matter are that despite H&H not exactly painted themselves in the best of lights, the tabloid organisation should’ve ensured they had their own house in order first before they set out on their witch-hunt. That way it mightn’t have backfired in their faces and outed them as just another gutter tabloid with an agenda borne of bitterness. 

The tabloid were so consumed with their bitter agenda it inadvertently revealed their complete ineptitude as an organisation and employer given several of their employees were left to wantonly make inflammatory hateful bigoted remarks on Twitter numerous times; thus making them not only embarrassingly hypocritical, but equally complicit in the problem that is sectarianism.

The thing that has me in a spin is that the P&B diddies hate the Scottish Tabloids as much as we do.  We know this as they have made, literally, thousands of posts against them.

BUT when the DR did their smear campaign of shame we have the P&D diddies endorsing them.

How the f**k does this idiocy work?  Who can fathom the mind of the Hoopisphere?

7 hours ago, Orbix said:

Zombies is, at least, logically consistent within the lies Celtic fans tell themselves. Could probably get away with that. 

What, the lie that Rangers FC ceased to exist by going bust and entering liquidation after a prolonged spell of cheating, you mean? That lie?

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The thing that has me in a spin is that the P&B diddies hate the Scottish Tabloids as much as we do.  We know this as they have made, literally, thousands of posts against them.

BUT when the DR did their smear campaign of shame we have the P&D diddies endorsing them.

How the f**k does this idiocy work?  Who can fathom the mind of the Hoopisphere?

What has me in a spin is the fact you use terms like “Hoopisphere” and you’re in your seventh decade of life.

Your also a fucking weirdo.

Regards,

Henpecked Henry.

Guest TheJTS98

Quite a baffling read from the Rangers fans, this.

Their point just fails the basic common sense test.

1) The use of the word *** is very common.

2) Protestants routinely call Rangers the ****.

3) The only protestants who ever object to this are Rangers supporters. Everybody else is fine with it.

Therefore, the term is offensive to Rangers supporters rather than protestants. Case closed.

Just now, TheJTS98 said:

Quite a baffling read from the Rangers fans, this.

Their point just fails the basic common sense test.

1) The use of the word *** is very common.

The term you used last time was 'common parlance'.

Imagine thinking that a slur is acceptable because a lot of people use it.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I’d stop short of claiming folk are endorsing the DR on here, but it’s definitely a very one sided yet predictable onslaught toward the football club and its fan media as opposed to the multiple bigots employed by the tabloid rag. That said, I suppose the anti-Rangers rhetoric on here is fair game and to be expected, plus I’m fairly confident that there are few if any posters on here naive or stupid enough to not realise that the tabloid dregs would 100% go after each and every one of their clubs if there the slightest sniff of any pish to be printed in the hope of shifting a few rags.