Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

23 hours ago, AJF said:

Morelos probably falls under the category of us getting lucky in that we bought him for peanuts but he developed into a quality player. But I think it probably backs up my theory. At his peak (a few years ago as you mention), if we were to buy a player like Morelos it would've cost us a lot more than the fee we just paid for Dessers. We wouldn't have been able to afford Morelos if we were buying him then as opposed to when he was 20 years old.

I think its interesting that you are spinning the bottle three times surely one of them will end up working

Some whispers that we are looking to bring Balogun back on a 1 year deal as cover at centre back.

As much as I love the big guy, I think we should be looking forward and not back.

I appreciate the view where people are pointing out we can’t get into a situation where we head into a Champions League campaign like we did last year with King and Sands as our centre backs. And we do need cover particularly with Goldson looking like he will miss the start of the season and Souttar’s injury concerns. I just don’t think a 35 year old that featured sparingly last season is the right fit.

3 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Balogun would be a brilliant and a sensible option as a squad player. 

I’m not overly convinced. I thought we made a mistake letting him go when we did but he is a couple of years older now and managed only a handful of games last season.

If he is still at a similar level as to when he left then fair enough, I’m just a bit skeptical. 

40 minutes ago, AJF said:

Jesus f**k I was kidding!

Is that King, Goldson and Sterling injured already from your defence with it just a matter of time before Souttar is out again !!

Does nobody plan or control your training sessions ? They must be an absolute riot especially given King’s was caused by a collision.

24 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is that King, Goldson and Sterling injured already from your defence with it just a matter of time before Souttar is out again !!

Does nobody plan or control your training sessions ? They must be an absolute riot especially given King’s was caused by a collision.

Yep. I’ve not known a run of injuries like it. It’s been simply ridiculous. Goes back to the beginning of last season, even before then for some.

I’ve no idea if the training methods are behind it, but you’d imagine that Gio and Beale would’ve had their own differing methods for training so I’m inclined to believe it’s just ridiculously bad luck.

Read an article in the Sunday papers that Beale is trying to build two teams - one to compete in Europe and the other to take care of domestic business. Strikes me that Balogun would be the sort of chap who you could rely on to pick up the cudgels for the midweek away games to the likes of (say) Ross County (only an example, don't pile on!) to give the first choice CB a rest.   

14 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Read an article in the Sunday papers that Beale is trying to build two teams - one to compete in Europe and the other to take care of domestic business. Strikes me that Balogun would be the sort of chap who you could rely on to pick up the cudgels for the midweek away games to the likes of (say) Ross County (only an example, don't pile on!) to give the first choice CB a rest.   

He's sitting with a B team doing nothing.

That's it confirmed. 7th signing of the summer is Leon Balogun - one year deal. Welcome back big man, although not entirely convinced on the signing.

Edited by AJF

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Feel like Rangers could avoid the constant spate of injures by stopping signing injury prone players, tbh.

That's crazy enough to actually work.