Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

On 10/09/2023 at 09:35, Savage Henry said:

I question the purpose of Chris Jack.  I mean, I know his job is to brainlessly regurgitate whatever bollocks Ibrox “chiefs” tell him to write, but I have no idea why he continues to be employed by an ostensibly half decent paper.  

You were doing OK until those closing four words.  These days The Herald is a disgrace of a paper.

Rangers have recorded a landmark achievement for the Auchenhowie academy system after topping the Scottish FA youth development league table for the first time.

The Ibrox board have invested significantly in the academy in recent seasons following a complete overhaul under the guidance of former youth chief Craig Mulholland in 2015.

And Rangers have now come out on top of the Club Academy Scotland standings that judges clubs on the standard of their facilities and programmes and rewards them for producing players that go on to star for clubs on both sides of the border and for the national team.

Clubs are assessed against a series of Measurable Performance Outcomes that also take into account the qualifications of coaches and areas such as talent identification and sports science.

Rangers are one of a handful of clubs – alongside the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibernian – that are in the ‘elite level’ category and the Association provide six-figure grants each season to aid the progression of the top young talents within setups across the country

Points are awarded to clubs for the pathway that their players take in the game and Rangers have scored highly after seeing former Auchenhowie starlets Billy Gilmour and Nathan Patterson establish themselves in the Premier League as well as becoming key parts of Steve Clarke’s national squad.

Players that play in the top division south of the border earn the most points for their respective affiliated clubs and other leagues – such as the Premiership and English Championship – are bracketed together to reflect the levels that academy products are operating at.

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

It would be quicker trying to figure out who isn't injured.

Rabbi Matondo will be out for six weeks after sustaining a knee injury against Motherwell

Careful now, you appear to be complaining about injuries, and we aren't allowed to do that anymore.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Careful now, you appear to be complaining about injuries, and we aren't allowed to do that anymore.

Our squad is large enough that injuries really shouldn’t be viewed as a negative at all, really.

3 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

IMG_6931.gif

‘Twas a poor attempt at mockery. An exaggerated opinion of a couple on here after I raised concerns about our injury list on the Motherwell match thread.

Edited by AJF