Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

6 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Sevco mockery is always good (yes, I know the Range Rover driver is a supporter of Scotland's newest club.) 😮

Sorry, I’m in Ibiza this week and may not be fully tuned in to which particular Sevco weakness is being exploited in my absence. About your business chaps. 

IMG_7038.jpeg

23 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Sorry, I’m in Ibiza this week and may not be fully tuned in to which particular Sevco weakness is being exploited in my absence. About your business chaps. 

IMG_7038.jpeg

I totally get this, wasn’t fully tuned in either and I’m in bishopbriggs 

IMG_6299.png

Edited by Drew Brees

10 hours ago, ropy said:

There are two events being compared tonight, one from Sunday’s match against Motherwell and one from tonight’s match against Livingston, can any Rangers fan say that there is a level playing ground?

I think trying to look at it objectively, it is difficult to argue that we don’t get our fair share of decisions in comparison to other teams (outwith Celtic). Particularly more innocuous fouls, though I imagine my thoughts on the underlying reason for this will differ from many.

The only mitigation I will offer here though is to contest that the decision against Motherwell at the weekend is a leading example of us being refereed to a different standard. We experienced the exact same earlier in the season against Morton (referee blew the whistle for a non-foul just as Dessers rounded the keeper and put the ball in the net, preventing it from being able to go for a VAR review).

Edited by AJF

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think trying to look at it objectively, it is difficult to argue that we don’t get our fair share of decisions in comparison to other teams (outwith Celtic). Particularly more innocuous fouls, though I imagine my thoughts on the underlying reason for this will differ from many.

What’s your thoughts on the underlying reason?

Ive never bought into the idea that they’re all old firm fans making decisions to help them out, but I have always thought that it’s very possible that their decision making is affected by 1) the crowd, particularly at ibrox and Celtic park and 2) the scrutiny that referees are under from the tabloid tags, social media, the way OF managers in the past have leveraged that scrutiny to apply more pressure etc. possibly not consciously but I think it’s absolutely rational to suggest human beings would be affected by this. 

Edited by Dons_1988

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What’s your thoughts on the underlying reason?

Ive never bought into the idea that they’re all old firm fans making decisions to help them out, but I have always thought that it’s very possible that their decision making is affected by 1) the crowd, particularly at ibrox and Celtic park and 2) the scrutiny that referees are under from the tabloid tags, social media, the way OF managers in the past have leveraged that scrutiny to apply more pressure etc. possibly not consciously but I think it’s absolutely rational to suggest human beings would be affected by this. 

Pretty much what you’ve said, yeah. I think various pressure factors come into it, particularly with the added scrutiny referees seem to come under whenever they are refereeing Rangers or Celtic that you mention. I think it would be difficult for many not to be swayed in certain circumstances even if there is no inherent supporter bias.

Edited by AJF

Mick Beale complaining about fixture scheduling. Moaning that because of recent fixtures the Saturday game with Aberdeen should have been put back to Sunday. If the match had been scheduled for the Sunday he'd have been squealing that the SPFL aren't helping Scottish clubs in Europe as both teams have matches on the following Thursday. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Mick Beale complaining about fixture scheduling. Moaning that because of recent fixtures the Saturday game with Aberdeen should have been put back to Sunday. If the match had been scheduled for the Sunday he'd have been squealing that the SPFL aren't helping Scottish clubs in Europe as both teams have matches on the following Thursday. 

It’s not really a big issue in my view as I feel we tend to perform better when our fixtures are thick and fast, though I can see some logic in arguing it could’ve been moved to the Sunday.

Our last 3 fixtures and Saturdays fixture will mean games played Thursday-Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday, so 4 games in quick succession. If the Aberdeen match was moved to the Sunday it would’ve meant each side had 4 days from our respective cup fixtures last night to a game on Sunday, and then 4 days from that game on Sunday to our respective European fixtures.

That being said I’m glad the game is Saturday. Sunday football is inferior.

6 hours ago, AJF said:

Pretty much what you’ve said, yeah. I think various pressure factors come into it, particularly with the added scrutiny referees seem to come under whenever they are refereeing Rangers or Celtic that you mention. I think it would be difficult for many not to be swayed in certain circumstances even if there is no inherent supporter bias.

And I agree and this is one of (the many) reasons VAR doesn’t work. VAR actually increases the expectations on refs to be right all the time and thus the scrutiny is amplified to new levels, despite the ‘technology’ not nearly being enough to provide the levels of accuracy people expect. Partly because there is no ‘accuracy’ when it comes to subjective decisions. 

5 hours ago, AJF said:

It’s not really a big issue in my view as I feel we tend to perform better when our fixtures are thick and fast, though I can see some logic in arguing it could’ve been moved to the Sunday.

Our last 3 fixtures and Saturdays fixture will mean games played Thursday-Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday, so 4 games in quick succession. If the Aberdeen match was moved to the Sunday it would’ve meant each side had 4 days from our respective cup fixtures last night to a game on Sunday, and then 4 days from that game on Sunday to our respective European fixtures.

That being said I’m glad the game is Saturday. Sunday football is inferior.

Rather than complaining about the SPFL scheduling, surely Mick Beale should be having a go at the powers that be at Ibrox for not requesting a date change. It's not a TV game so all it would have needed was for Aberdeen to agree.

RmJKBYAS_bigger.jpg

🎙️ Michael Beale has arrived to speak to the media ahead of Saturday’s match against Aberdeen. 📲 Live updates to follow 👇

RmJKBYAS_bigger.jpg

🎙️ MB: Roofe is away for a scan, so no news on that one for now. It is disappointing for Kemar as has been doing so well so we hope is not too serious

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

What would you be expecting in here that isn’t being discussed in the match thread?

general discussion around your manager in a space dedicated to Rangers. Not specific to a certain game.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

The floor is yours.

Ok then, How long you think he's got? will he be here at the weekend?

You are all so feart that the other mob will slag ye.

Edited by Busta Nut

22 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

general discussion around your manager in a space dedicated to Rangers. Not specific to a certain game.

Tbf to @AJFhe’s been a massive advocate of Beale being good enough to progress Rangers whilst doing dual manager and DoF role even though he’s not got enough experience to do either never mind both so he’s unlikely to turn against him now.