Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

9 hours ago, AJF said:

If it is determined that Murrayfield is unsuitable, what is the issue in regards to fixtures potentially being reversed given there is already a precedent for it happening?

If only a short term issue of two or three matches probably okay but if going to be long term I would imagine the SPFL (and EUFA) and affected teams will need an acceptable alternative (dare I say cast iron!) venue in place. 

40 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Rangers are already playing a friendly against Man Utd on 20 July (I appreciate not during festival time) so they would seem to have a working arrangement with the SRU or whoever manages Murrayfield?

It is still UEFA compliant I'd assume but would they need to get a UEFA licence for European qualifuer(s)?

I think it is more Man Utd that have the relationship with Murrayfield. Technically they are the hosts for our match and they had a match there last year too (vs Hibs I think).

I'll laugh heartily if Rangers attitude towards Scottish football in the last decade bites them on the arse here.

Who knew that being aggressive and confrontational with every club and institution near you might be a mistake.

10 hours ago, AJF said:

If it is determined that Murrayfield is unsuitable, what is the issue in regards to fixtures potentially being reversed given there is already a precedent for it happening?

Motherwell's Christmas fixtures are bad enough without reversing one of them.
I'd hope Motherwell said no or asked for half the gate.

Ibrox will be playable. (or should be) make them play there and deal with the fallout from their own fans.

12 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Motherwell's Christmas fixtures are bad enough without reversing one of them.
I'd hope Motherwell said no or asked for half the gate.

Ibrox will be playable. (or should be) make them play there and deal with the fallout from their own fans.

I don’t think Ibrox will be playable, though. There is currently a crane mat on top of part of the pitch which presumably won’t be removed until the upgrade works are complete.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll laugh heartily if Rangers attitude towards Scottish football in the last decade bites them on the arse here.

Who knew that being aggressive and confrontational with every club and institution near you might be a mistake.

Their attitude with their owns fans is shocking. People have spent hundreds of pounds on season tickets and the club ain’t even told them where and when the games will be played.

It’s almost like they have their money so f**k them.

Rangers want to be viewed as a big club but with examples like this, the Australian tour fiasco, Dens-gate, Beale as DoF, Sports Direct etc etc shows that they are run like a Sunday League club.

They are a shambles.

41 minutes ago, Rael Rover said:

If only a short term issue of two or three matches probably okay but if going to be long term I would imagine the SPFL (and EUFA) and affected teams will need an acceptable alternative (dare I say cast iron!) venue in place. 

If they make the group stages of any European competition, they have to play all home matches at the same ground, wherever that is.  If Ibrox isn't ready by September, they'll need to find somewhere to play all group home games. That feels like a big commitment from someone.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Their attitude with their owns fans is shocking. People have spent hundreds of pounds on season tickets and the club ain’t even told them where and when the games will be played.

It’s almost like they have their money so f**k them.

Rangers want to be viewed as a big club but with examples like this, the Australian tour fiasco, Dens-gate, Beale as DoF, Sports Direct etc etc shows that they are run like a Sunday League club.

They are a shambles.

I'm guessing a lot of their Ulster-based fans will be looking for certainty before they book flights/ferries and hotels.

34 minutes ago, The DA said:

I'm guessing a lot of their Ulster-based fans will be looking for certainty before they book flights/ferries and hotels.

My point wasn’t about where their fans are from albeit your point is valid it was more about how badly they treat their fans.

Their board know they’ll sell 50000 or so season tickets no matter how bad they treat their fans.

There is no direct correlation between Rangers' ground problems and Dundee's pitch fiasco last season but it does raise a few matters. Firstly as a Dundee fan I fully accept the pitch problems last season were down to the club but a few points are worth mentioning. Once we had cocked up not fixing the problem during last close season, despite digging up and relaying the pitch at considerable cost, once the season had started drainage works were not possible until after the end of the season. Therefore it didn't matter if it was one or ten postponements it all originated from the same problem not fixed. The weather problems cited by the club were nonsensical from the daft global warming/climate change dialogue but the timing of the ridiculously bad weather was a major factor e.g. the pitch was playable on the Saturday of the first Rangers call off when "all the rest of the Scottish games went ahead" but not the next day after biblical overnight rain when it was the only game scheduled that day.

To Rangers current problems. Somewhere there has been a cock up at least in forward planning and now the club are looking to the rest of Scottish football, the SPFL and the SFA, even possibly UEFA to be sympathetic to their situation and to assist as much as possible. Where was Rangers sympathy towards Dundee's problem last season not least the claims for hotel accommodation 45 minutes from Dens when they could have travelled from Glasgow in only an hour more? If Motherwell or say Killie are forced to play at Murrayfield what if they decide to book into the same St Andrews hotel and bill Rangers for the costs. Fair or not? Sky aren't used to filming at Murrayfield. Should any extra costs be down to Rangers as happened to Dundee? To me and I expect most Dundee supporters and hopefully a considerable amount of the rest of Scotland's football community Rangers' treatment of the Dens problems last season was vindictive and unnecessary and they should expect kick back this season with the current Ibrox problems. Rangers are finding out that at times shit happens to their detriment as happened at Dens last season. It's just a pity that they weren't so petty, small minded and vindictive about it last season.

4 minutes ago, scotdee said:

There is no direct correlation between Rangers' ground problems and Dundee's pitch fiasco last season but it does raise a few matters. Firstly as a Dundee fan I fully accept the pitch problems last season were down to the club but a few points are worth mentioning. Once we had cocked up not fixing the problem during last close season, despite digging up and relaying the pitch at considerable cost, once the season had started drainage works were not possible until after the end of the season. Therefore it didn't matter if it was one or ten postponements it all originated from the same problem not fixed. The weather problems cited by the club were nonsensical from the daft global warming/climate change dialogue but the timing of the ridiculously bad weather was a major factor e.g. the pitch was playable on the Saturday of the first Rangers call off when "all the rest of the Scottish games went ahead" but not the next day after biblical overnight rain when it was the only game scheduled that day.

To Rangers current problems. Somewhere there has been a cock up at least in forward planning and now the club are looking to the rest of Scottish football, the SPFL and the SFA, even possibly UEFA to be sympathetic to their situation and to assist as much as possible. Where was Rangers sympathy towards Dundee's problem last season not least the claims for hotel accommodation 45 minutes from Dens when they could have travelled from Glasgow in only an hour more? If Motherwell or say Killie are forced to play at Murrayfield what if they decide to book into the same St Andrews hotel and bill Rangers for the costs. Fair or not? Sky aren't used to filming at Murrayfield. Should any extra costs be down to Rangers as happened to Dundee? To me and I expect most Dundee supporters and hopefully a considerable amount of the rest of Scotland's football community Rangers' treatment of the Dens problems last season was vindictive and unnecessary and they should expect kick back this season with the current Ibrox problems. Rangers are finding out that at times shit happens to their detriment as happened at Dens last season. It's just a pity that they weren't so petty, small minded and vindictive about it last season.

Dens issues last season was the same.

Negligence and incompetence from those in charge.

Rather than inconvenience every other team could Rangers not continue to play at Ibrox without fans being present or with a reduced capacity?  From the events of last season it appears Rangers, more than any other club in the league, places a great emphasis on having your ground ready in time for a fixture.

When a club faces difficulties fans rally, dig deep and help the club in its hour of need.  Look at what happened with Dundee.  Twice the club faced financial difficulties and twice the fans rallied to avoid the club being liquidated.  It’s what  fans do and for that reason I’d imagine there would be limited a financial impact to Rangers as there wouldn’t be many season ticket holders wanting a refund…..

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Rather than inconvenience every other team could Rangers not continue to play at Ibrox without fans being present or with a reduced capacity?  From the events of last season it appears Rangers, more than any other club in the league, places a great emphasis on having your ground ready in time for a fixture.

When a club faces difficulties fans rally, dig deep and help the club in its hour of need.  Look at what happened with Dundee.  Twice the club faced financial difficulties and twice the fans rallied to avoid the club being liquidated.  It’s what  fans do and for that reason I’d imagine there would be limited a financial impact to Rangers as there wouldn’t be many season ticket holders wanting a refund…..

Trim your bait down a bit mate, that's just too obvious. 

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Ah, my mistake. Looks like your club are on a sticky wicket then?

Seems that way. Given the lack of any meaningful update, the concern is that the delay goes beyond August which was the initial indication.

While the improvement works they are carrying out are welcome additions given they are being made to improve the experience of our disabled supporters, to take the risk by ordering the materials required from an overseas (and therefore cheaper and more unreliable) provider during a period where there is a limited window to carry out the works ) has turned out to be a terrible decision.

17 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

There's a bigass crane sitting over one of the goal areas. Even if they moved that for matchdays, the pitch under the cover would be unplayable.  They could always make it a 75-yard-long pitch, of course!

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

Seems that way. Given the lack of any meaningful update, the concern is that the delay goes beyond August which was the initial indication.

While the improvement works they are carrying out are welcome additions given they are being made to improve the experience of our disabled supporters, to take the risk by ordering the materials required from an overseas (and therefore cheaper and more unreliable) provider during a period where there is a limited window to carry out the works ) has turned out to be a terrible decision.

That's an absolute nonsense comment.

If the window for work is so limited then Rangers should have made sufficient checks on said suppliers ability to fufill the contract on time. Presumably whoever drew up the purchase contract will have included numerous penalties for non-fulfillment in time.

4 minutes ago, German Jag said:

That's an absolute nonsense comment.

If the window for work is so limited then Rangers should have made sufficient checks on said suppliers ability to fufill the contract on time. Presumably whoever drew up the purchase contract will have included numerous penalties for non-fulfillment in time.

It may well be. I was basing my comment on those in the industry who have said the supply issues in the Asian market at the moment are well known.