Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

9 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Life is tough when you are forced to play by the same contractual rules as the rest of the league isn’t it? 

The whole mess is our own fault,  put the rod away.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

This is such a shoe-horned comment that makes no sense at all 😅

It’s not really. If you guys were able to avoid paying tax (by side-contracts) as a (cheating) club did in the past then you could sign better players regardless of whatever your relative finances are.

If you need any help with these please have a look at the financial dealings of a club called Rangers (deceased 2012) from approximately 2000 - 2012.

Kind Regards

Charlie Nicholas

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

I will now proceed to demonstrate exactly how my comment makes no sense and was shoe-horned in with no relevance to the point at hand.

FTFY

On 11/07/2024 at 17:06, bennett said:

Surely they must know how long it will take to fix the Copland and get the pitch ready, waiting till the end of month isn't treating fans well.

RANGERS can confirm that it is in the final stages of negotiations with the Scottish FA to secure Hampden Park as its temporary home until the Ibrox works are complete.

Chairman John Bennett has issued the following statement: “First I’d like to apologise on behalf of the club for the uncertainty that this delayed project has caused to our season ticket holders, hospitality clients, partners and the wider support of this football club.

"The number of variables in this situation has made it extremely difficult to bring the one thing we all crave – certainty.

“Nevertheless, we are closing in on the most immediate solution - a suitable venue at which to fulfil our fixtures and house our support.

"While the ongoing delay means that the club is unable to fix a date for our return to Ibrox, we anticipate that this will become clearer upon delivery of the necessary materials to Glasgow.

“Rangers thanks the Scottish FA and the SPFL for their strong support in working to this solution.

“The club wholeheartedly appreciates the continued patience of our supporters while we work through this most trying of situations.

“I intend to give a fuller, personal update by the end of July.”

It won't affect you, Rangers TV will cover all matches. So you  can watch in comfort on the sofa. 

This stadium story has been quite funny, but it's noticeable that this has taken up lots of air time etc while a more fundamental issue with Rangers has passed completely without comment.

We were initially told (laughably) that Rangers' introduction of orange strips in the 90s was a tribute to their Dutch coach and players of that era. Stop laughing at the back.

A full quarter of a century later Rangers are still releasing orange strips, with a new one out this very summer. Not a peep about this. Not one media organisation that I've seen holding Rangers to account or questioning the rationale behind this. Not one Scottish football journalist commenting on the fact that one of the biggest clubs in the country continues to openly pander to the bigots that they know make up their core support. Not one Rangers fan group expressing any discomfort with it.

This is a horrible bigoted club for bigoted people and there is simply no way to excuse away what Rangers are. They don't even make any pretence about it, yet it gets absolutely no coverage while the real "disgrace" is that they've fucked up some stadium renovations. Talk about weird priorities for a society.

The normalisation of this club and this annual practise is a fascinating element of Scottish life in the 21st century.

Edited by VincentGuerin

What a froth to get in. 

Rangers sold orange kits 25 years ago. They sold well. Rangers want to maximise sales, they reprise the orange shirt.

Or should they have picked another colour to protect the permanently faux offended? I’m fairly sure that lilac effort of a couple of years back was a particularly poor seller. 

I have no idea of Hearts 2nd/3rd kits. Are there specific reasons for their colours, or have they been chosen because one can cut a dash (as much as one can anyway) about Gorgie every second weekend?

Edited by alta-pete

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

What a froth to get in. 

Rangers sold orange kits 25 years ago. They sold well. Rangers want to maximise sales, they reprise the orange shirt.

Or should they have picked another colour to protect the permanently faux offended? I’m fairly sure that lilac effort of a couple of years back was a particularly poor seller. 

I have no idea of Hearts 2nd/3rd kits. Are there specific reasons for their colours, or have they been chosen because one can cut a dash (as much as one can anyway) about Gorgie every second weekend?

They did, didn't they.

The whole thing makes a mockery of Rangers' feeble attempts to paint themselves as being in any way interested in distancing themselves from bigotry. They know their core market is bigoted bams who want something to wear on a walk.

That's your football club.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I wonder how many tickets we will get for the derby if still there by then? :whistle

If you have any structural engineering advice then feel free to email the other Bennett and you may get a free ticket. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

What a froth to get in. 

Awful post. Yeesh.

I always thought you were one of the switched on Rangers fans on here as well.

6 hours ago, alta-pete said:

What a froth to get in. 

They should have picked another colour to not appear as sectarian  bigots. 

5 hours ago, bennett said:

If you have any structural engineering advice then feel free to email the other Bennett and you may get a free ticket. 

here's my advice - burn the shithole to the ground.

Happy to help 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

@AJF 

Consider this my rebuttal 😉

You have to admit the timing of this is impeccable 🤣

I consider the timing of it to be most unfortunate!

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There's always Liam Kelly.:lol:

Apparently he made a couple of ridiculous saves 😂

I think he has space-jammed Butland and stole his powers.