Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

An injury prone player is usually right up our street.

Former Rangers midfielder John Fleck has returned to his old club in a bid to fine-tune his return to action.

The 32-year-old has been training at Auchenhowie with the Light Blues as he considers his future after an injury-hit season with Blackburn Rovers in the EFL Championship

2 hours ago, bennett said:

An injury prone player is usually right up our street.

Former Rangers midfielder John Fleck has returned to his old club in a bid to fine-tune his return to action.

The 32-year-old has been training at Auchenhowie with the Light Blues as he considers his future after an injury-hit season with Blackburn Rovers in the EFL Championship

Yeah, hard pass.

Reports on Twitter from Spanish journalists suggesting we’ve agreed to sign Joan Jordan on loan from Sevilla with a €5m purchase option.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Yeah, hard pass.

Reports on Twitter from Spanish journalists suggesting we’ve agreed to sign Joan Jordan on loan from Sevilla with a €5m purchase option.

This season is bad aids already. Calling it. 

You wonder if youre probably better he didn't join with how reluctant he seemed to be, tbh.

43 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yep. It’s going to be a slog.

Tbh, if another team doesn’t get 2nd this season it shows how bad our top division is.

Calamity/Catastrophe Clement has certainly cleared out your squad but he’s forgotten that he has to replace them 😂.

He also appears to have attempted to offload Tavernier, Goldson, Dessers and Cantwell with no success and could potentially start at Tynecastle with Dessers up front and Tavernier as his captain.

He’s went about his rebuild in a strange way.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

39 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbh, if another team doesn’t get 2nd this season it shows how bad our top division is.

Calamity/Catastrophe Clement has certainly cleared out your squad but he’s forgotten that he has to replace them 😂.

He also appears to have attempted to offload Tavernier, Goldson, Dessers and Cantwell with no success and could potentially start at Tynecastle with Dessers up front and Tavernier as his captain.

I think I said similar before, but Clement has already said he needs players out the door before he can recruit.

Given that Lammers has been the only departure to provide us with any funds thus far, and he has only moved on in the last 48 hours, I’m unsure what is particularly strange about it?

Goldson is gone by all accounts, it’s just waiting to be finalised.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

You wonder if youre probably better he didn't join with how reluctant he seemed to be, tbh.

Aye, it’s seemed like there’s always been chat about him not fancying it since the links came to light.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think I said similar before, but Clement has already said he needs players out the door before he can recruit.

Given that Lammers has been the only departure to provide us with any funds thus far, and he has only moved on in the last 48 hours, I’m unsure what is particularly strange about it?

Goldson is gone by all accounts, it’s just waiting to be finalised.

Time will tell mate. If he wins the league and qualifies for the CL Group stages then he’s an improvement on Beale and his rebuild has been a success - if he doesn’t, well he’s not.

49 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Time will tell mate. If he wins the league and qualifies for the CL Group stages then he’s an improvement on Beale and his rebuild has been a success - if he doesn’t, well he’s not.

I think that’s too simplistic a way to look at it though if you consider the transfer spend Beale was provided compared to Clement. I get the feeling Clement, while likely a better manager than Beale, is operating at more of a disadvantage.

55 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think that’s too simplistic a way to look at it though if you consider the transfer spend Beale was provided compared to Clement. I get the feeling Clement, while likely a better manager than Beale, is operating at more of a disadvantage.

I get the impression that like Brendan of the other arse cheek Clement isn’t a top manager.

Neither would have moved from a top 5 league to Scotland if they were sadly.

As for the comparison with Beale, well at least Clement won a trophy although Beale got a win vs Ange who’s a far, far, far better manager than Brendan who Clement can’t lay a glove on.

Clement is clearly a better manager than Beale, surely thats not being debated?

Beale will be up there as one of Rangers worst ever and he fucked them with what he left too and probably will for another year or so.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Clement is clearly a better manager than Beale, surely thats not being debated?

Beale will be up there as one of Rangers worst ever and he fucked them with what he left too and probably will for another year or so.

Yeah all joking apart his record in Belgium was excellent.

I said this on here a few weeks ago and Rangers fans thought I was really reaching but if you look at the trophy record of the old club/new club and the current state they are in since the dual contracts tax scheme was ditched (2010 I think) then it just shows how hard it is to achieve success when you are playing by the same rules as the other clubs in the league.

If this guy from Sevilla was having these contract talks 20 years ago Rangers would offer him a deal, and then slap an extra £10k or whatever a week on top tax free to sweeten the deal.

On 28/07/2024 at 18:56, Grangemouth Bairn said:

As shit a window  / close season as they are having their budget is MILES ahead of the next best in Scotland. There is little chance of anyone but the cheeks being the top 2 much as it pains me to say. Would love to see it but it's a very weighted deck in their favour. 

Goldson always had the odd mistake in him but overall he's been a pretty good player for us and one will that will be hard to replace given our budget restraints.

obviously the transfer fee won't be huge so this is probably more wage related.