Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

15 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why were they denied one for their existing league?  They'd just finished second top after all.

why do you think these 5 year old arguments will work now after failing for the last 5 years, we didnt get a licence for the existing league as oldco went in to admin( and 4 months after we were granted a licence, began the liquidation process)

15 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm pretty sure you're wrong here.

Rangers were wound up because of debt owed beyond the big tax case.  Obviously it was that looming massive bill that meant Murray was prepared to sell up to someone like Whyte.  However, the liquidation is not linked to the EBTs in the very direct way you suggest.

without the ebt case we wouldnt be in liqidation , whyte wouldnt have been near the club if we didnt have that hanging over us

15 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

There were also losing a shit load of money every month, weren't they lucky to see the season out? 

not before whyte we werent, we had manageable debt which we were paying off year by year,

14 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I do.

It's really Nacho you need to have a word with though. He does the same thing every few weeks.  I think he has a schedule for it fastened to his fridge door.

aye its always me bringing up the new club nonsense :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

They call us obsessed when all there their bent eyed convicted criminal of a chairman talks about is us, mainly tear stained seethe filled rants like this weekend :lol:

I won a bottle of vodka at a karakoe contest at Tullibody miners welfare in 1998, does it not count since the rainjurz didnae get a song?

aye its been a terrible week for us, can barely contain myself

Director of Football
European dates confirmed
Retail deal sorted
Pena and Herrera signed
Mega Store sold out
Warburton drops case against Rangers
Charles Green loses appeal against Rangers

fat mike gone as well

as for the kings comments, sutton, hartson etc post worse stuff every week

Edited by nacho

8 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Well the fact that the old club died is exhibit A.

Exhibit B would be you explaining to me why, let's say Hearts for example, also suffered financial problems and didn't have to apply for a license to play in the Championship? It was a separate league to the SPL was it not?

Or any other team who was relegated between 1999 and the SPFL being formed. Why were none of those clubs put into Division 3?

your problem is clear here, not one credible source backs your nonsensical fact in exhibit a - officially we are the same club

as for exhibt b - no other holding company went into liquidation, thats why it was different, now what you are missing is actual proof that any of this means we are a new club, because none exists and all the proof shows that we survived, glad to help

8 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

May I also add that licences are given to the club itself, so why wasn't the SFA licence given with the sale of the club seeing as it apparently belonged to the club in the first place? Oh wait?, wasn't Green blackmailed to get it for his new club that was called Sevco Scotland he made with Rangers assets?

except the licences arent given to the club as what happened clearly shows, now any proof from a reputable source that any of this means we are a new club? i'll answer that for you - nope

8 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Hold on, hold on. Surely the players registration is held with the company if it is the company that holds the license with the SPFL/SFA?

So in effect the club haven't won anything since 2012 as all the players and licenses etc belong to Sevco Scotland or whatever the company is called these days.

Beamer.

its amazing the difficulty you lot have with simple concepts, the holding company runs the club and deals with the buisness side, club is the playing side

28 minutes ago, nacho said:

nope, as nobody bought the club, leeds, luton, rotherham, charlton, middlesbrough all survived after going through exactly the same process as rangers, so did hearts in 1905 after liquidating their oldco

No they didn't.  These clubs weren't chucked out of the league and made to start again and re-apply to join the league miles down the English football pyramid like the new Rangers did up here.

Rangers went down the same route as Airdrie in 2002 and Gretna in 2008.

2 hours ago, Blue92 said:

I think Dorrans will be a good addition if he can stay fit, he has had trouble with injuries recently. Walker and Mclean would be decent signings but I think both Hearts and Aberdeen will make it very difficult to sign them (quite rightly so), with both available to sign a pre-contract in January I would maybe hold out till then.

i assume the intention is to get all three of them, all three have been talked about as targets for weeks, its dorrans i want obviously as he is far better than the other two

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

No they didn't.  These clubs weren't chucked out of the league and made to start again and re-apply to join the league miles down the English football pyramid like the new Rangers did up here.

Rangers went down the same route as Airdrie in 2002 and Gretna in 2008.

remind me again who bought gretna or airdrie?

we werent made to start again , we were put in divison three while remainign the same club according to every credible source

3 minutes ago, nacho said:

remind me again who bought gretna or airdrie?

we werent made to start again , we were put in divison three while remainign the same club according to every credible source

I don't care who bought these clubs.  that's irrelevant here.  I'm pointing out what your claim that Rangers did the same thing as those English clubs is completely wrong.  But you know that.

Edit - Rangers weren't 'put' into Division 3, a new club had to apply to join it.  Again, you know that.

Edited by TheScarf

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

nothing in there about any money being stolen so you are talking pish, "This match took place during an unprecedented time for Rangers Football Club and we are delighted that charity regulator concluded that the decision to assign proceeds to both the club and the charity foundation was done 'in good faith and in the interests of the charity'.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I don't care who bought these clubs.  that's irrelevant here.  I'm pointing out what your claim that Rangers did the same thing as those English clubs is completely wrong.  But you know that.

nope  every single one of those clubs went through the same process, admin, no cva agreed, newco formed, club bought by newco, oldco liquidated, club continues on with history intact, that didnt happen at gretna or airdrie. the punishments issued by the different leagues for this happeneing dont change that or mean that rangers are somehow a new club especially with the spl, sfl, sfa etc all saying that we remain the same club despite being ut in division three, a nonsensical argument from you with nothing backing it up which all the availble evidence contradicts