Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I'm not so certain that an utterly catastrophic insolvency event is imminent, but I do believe it's inevitable. DK himself played up to the gallery by stating that the business plan every year has to be to compete with Celtic - the huge issue with that for Rangers* being, of course, that Celtic have access to the CL group stages which, along with huge revenue streams, also comes with intangible benefits (more attractive to prospective transfer targets for a start, and it also raises the perceived value of the Celtic squad).
The only way that Rangers* can be sustainable (short of someone stumping up a huge amount of cash in the short term, which isn't even guaranteed to oust Celtic for 1 season let alone on a regular basis, so would be incredibly risky) is for Scotland to have 2 CL spots again, or for Rangers* to accept that they quite literally cannot afford to compete with Celtic anymore and cut their cloth accordingly. There's still a chance that Rangers* could Do a Leicester and put together a season that wins them the league and its very likely they'll be able to put together sides that can win the League and/or Scottish Cup, but structurally it's nigh on impossible to see how they can meet supporter expectations on a regular basis.

Most of our fans have had enough knocks recently to be acutely aware of where our realistic expectations should be on the Park at present. Yes it’s incredibly frustrating that we can win at Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Easter Road but lose to Saints, Dundee, Hamilton & Killie all within a few weeks, but it’s where we are as a team, still feeling our way so to speak, and with a new Manager at the helm.
We certainly don’t have the financial clout to compete with our neighbours over in the East of the City, again that’s clearly recognised by the vast majority of our support.
We are undeniably in the mix once more though, perhaps that’s why our detractors have stirred again. Forums full of endless comment and speculation on everything from loan deals to share offers.
I suppose it’s not so surprising that this diatribe still cuts through the tedium on here, given the continued frenzied obsession with Glasgow Rangers, puzzling as though it may be to most of us.
It is interesting to note however that supporters of other clubs appear to have a better insight into the expectations of our own fans than the Rangers support themselves!!? Baffling.

I'd seek help before you go full moonhowler Tony. Don't want you ending up like this guy:
11r8apz.thumb.jpg.da27fa38f17904635a25c734f413937b.jpg

Man jailed for taking to street with sword after Hearts-Celtic clash.
34-year-old James Joseph McGreevy from Pollock, Glasgow, went back to the flat and came out into the street armed with a sword and a knife. 
Police were alerted and found him standing in the road, with an 11-inch bladed gold-handled sword in a rear pocket of his jeans and a black-handled knife with a eight and a half inch blade in a front pocket. 

At Edinburgh Sheriff Court today, McGreevy was jailed for 15 months after pleading guilty to being in possession of the weapons on April 2 last year. 
Wow, and I'm the "moonhowler". Just keep ignoring the facts while the rest of us wait for the inevitable.

Ah well that's the first Sevco feeding frenzy of 2018 - same as all the feeding frenzies of 2017, sadly.

Back on planet football I see we've strengthened the academy with the redoubtable Kevin Thomson and the elegant Gregory Vignal joining the staff.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/academy-welcomes-new-coaches/

Everyone who listens to Rangers match streams/TV broadcasts (and that's almost everyone who posts on here) will know how articulate and passionate KT is so I think it's a terrific appointment.

Edit: Apologies to @Forest of Dean I hadn't seen your post.  Good move, eh?

Edited by The_Kincardine

3 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Most of our fans have had enough knocks recently to be acutely aware of where our realistic expectations should be on the Park at present. Yes it’s incredibly frustrating that we can win at Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Easter Road but lose to Saints, Dundee, Hamilton & Killie all within a few weeks, but it’s where we are as a team, still feeling our way so to speak, and with a new Manager at the helm.
We certainly don’t have the financial clout to compete with our neighbours over in the East of the City, again that’s clearly recognised by the vast majority of our support.
We are undeniably in the mix once more though, perhaps that’s why our detractors have stirred again. Forums full of endless comment and speculation on everything from loan deals to share offers.
I suppose it’s not so surprising that this diatribe still cuts through the tedium on here, given the continued frenzied obsession with Glasgow Rangers, puzzling as though it may be to most of us.
It is interesting to note however that supporters of other clubs appear to have a better insight into the expectations of our own fans than the Rangers support themselves!!? Baffling.

We are undeniably in the mix though?

This is why fans of so called diddy clubs have a issue with fans of your irrelevant club, it is just a joy to witness how delusional sevconians can be.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Edit: Apologies to @Forest of Dean I hadn't seen your post.  Good move, eh?

Haven't been keeping up with Vignal's post-Rangers career at all so can't say much there. 

KT on the other hand is simply perfect for the job. Clearly want he loves doing and not just something he's doing because he doesn't know what to do after playing.

23 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

I'd seek help before you go full moonhowler Tony. Don't want you ending up like this guy:

11r8apz.thumb.jpg.da27fa38f17904635a25c734f413937b.jpg

Man jailed for taking to street with sword after Hearts-Celtic clash.

34-year-old James Joseph McGreevy from Pollock, Glasgow, went back to the flat and came out into the street armed with a sword and a knife. 

Police were alerted and found him standing in the road, with an 11-inch bladed gold-handled sword in a rear pocket of his jeans and a black-handled knife with a eight and a half inch blade in a front pocket. 

At Edinburgh Sheriff Court today, McGreevy was jailed for 15 months after pleading guilty to being in possession of the weapons on April 2 last year. 

He should be the poster boy for cultural diversity.

Breed these scum bags out.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Vignals a strange one, does he have a scottish missus or something?

Maybe just a sweet left foot:

Having watched that...best wishes to P&B's favourite Spaniard on a swift recovery from his recent heart attack.  All the best, Nacho.

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

JAMIE MURPHY has joined Rangers on loan until the end of the season when the move will become permanent with Rangers paying a guaranteed fixed fee

"However, only Rangers will have the option to sign Jamie at that time"

43 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Credit where its due for a fair enough post.

On the bit in bold - it would be a fair enough assertion even for an outsider that most of your support are aiming to emulate the success Celtic have enjoyed in terms of domestic domination since 2012 (now that you're Back Where You Belong and all that jazz)? As time goes by the timeframe may well get longer and longer ie supporters aiming to win the league in 3 seasons time rather than perpetually going Next Year Is Our Year, but that's the final end goal, surely? To usurp Celtic and be the undisputed big boys in the small pond?

It's something that I can't realistically see happening. I'd say that an insolvency event is more likely to come before a league trophy win tbh.

Celtic could implode at some point and open up an opportunity but then they've got a genuinely wealthy owner and a genuinely competent manager at the minute.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Rangers play Corinthians on Saturday(K.O 6pm) in the prestigious Florida cup. Corinthians are also known as Timao(Big Team) and Time do Povo(The Peoples club). How drole. The game is available on a channel called Freesports, which is on freeview for most people (channel 95, may have to retune your telly/box). Might be of interest to people missing their fix of watching Rangers. May be of interest to Rangers fans too.

Fancy 2-0 to Rangers (Halliday, Francis O' Halloran).

Apologies for straying off topic. Continue as you were with the "ranjurs are pure dying again chat".

Just noticed we're also playing Atletico Mineiro friday morning at midnight. 1-0 to Rangers(Francis O'halloran).

Edited to ask Romeo to stop being a fanny red dotting all my posts.

Edited by WeWereThePeople