Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

31 minutes ago, bennett said:

"However, only Rangers will have the option to sign Jamie at that time"

Assuming the statement on the club site was correct, they had offered Brighton a deal (possibly with installments included) to sign him permanently in January. Brighton preferred to do a loan deal with a guaranteed (if optional) fee at the end of the season.

There's an important distinction; if they did a permanent deal now for the player then presumably the registration would be transferred over to Rangers*. So if things were to go tits up at Ibrox then Brighton would be a normal creditor on whatever the outstanding balance of the transfer fee would be, but the player would officially be a Rangers* player, free to either TUPE over a la Lee McCulloch or to find a new club.

By doing a loan with an agreed fixed fee later on, if things go tits up at Ibrox then the player is still registered as a Brighton player, meaning they can keep him to either play or sell/loan out to someone else.

Doesn't necessarily mean that things are going to go tits up but it shows how much confidence Brighton have in Rangers* being able to meet their liabilities. Which is a bit telling, but hey ho, you can't really blame other clubs n companies for taking precautions against a club with Mr Glib n' Shameless as a director? No?

Here's the full statement:

JAMIE MURPHY has joined Rangers on loan until the end of the season when the move will become permanent with Rangers paying a guaranteed fixed fee.

Rangers were willing to sign the former Motherwell player on a long-term deal during the January window but Brighton prefer to wait until the end of the season before making the switch permanent.

However, only Rangers will have the option to sign Jamie at that time.

The 28-year-old became one of 10 summer signings during 2015 and Brighton manager Chris Hughton said last night: ‘’Jamie is a great lad, a fantastic professional who has a desire to play – and while we were in no hurry to see him leave, we do understand his desire to play for his boyhood team and one of the biggest clubs in Scotland.

“He’s been excellent for the club, ever since we signed him from Sheffield United, and wrote himself into club folklore as a crucial part of our promotion-winning side last season.

“On behalf of all at the club, I’d like to thank Jamie for his efforts and achievements during his time here and wish him the very best for the future.”

Jamie will now fly out to America to join Graeme Murty’s squad to take part in the Florida Cup.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

We are undeniably in the mix though?
This is why fans of so called diddy clubs have a issue with fans of your irrelevant club, it is just a joy to witness how delusional sevconians can be.

Why do you put so much effort into writing about 'irrelevent' football clubs?

6 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

To irk said irrelevant clubs irrelevant fans.

TBH that's what you aim to achieve on every team's thread I've seen you post on and the outcome is pity rather than irritation.

You really need to change your schtick and learn how to use the apostrophe.

We are undeniably in the mix though?

This is why fans of so called diddy clubs have a issue with fans of your irrelevant club, it is just a joy to witness how delusional sevconians can be.

The Title is pretty much done and dusted, I don’t think I contested that.

But sitting in 3rd, three points behind 2nd and five clear of 3rd, I reckon that puts us ‘in the mix’ despite the shortcomings, signings and subsequent departure of our previous manager. Not sure what’s so delusional about that? It’s a fact.

Can we improve upon a 9 point deficit to Aberdeen this season, yes of course.

You seem to post an awful lot on a club that holds such little relevance to you btw. [emoji849]

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

TBH that's what you aim to achieve on every team's thread I've seen you post on and the outcome is pity rather than irritation.

You really need to change your schtick and learn how to use the apostrophe.

Feel free to dismantle any points I have made on this thread associated with sevco's financial plight.As for matters on grammar it's not the wisest thing to criticise then use a word which is not in any dictionary I have at my disposal.

25 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Feel free to dismantle any points I have made on this thread associated with sevco's financial plight.As for matters on grammar it's not the wisest thing to criticise then use a word which is not in any dictionary I have at my disposal.

:lol::lol:

But sitting in 3rd, three points behind 2nd and five clear of 3rd, I reckon that puts us ‘in the mix’ despite the shortcomings, signings and subsequent departure of our previous manager. Not sure what’s so delusional about that? Its a fact.
You seem to post an awful lot on a club that holds such little relevance to you btw. [emoji849]

Did you work for Duff and Phelps?

1 hour ago, scoobles said:

If they front up the fee in full.
Do you honestly think if another club came in and offered more that Brighton wouldn't take it?
A more solvent club obviously

I don't think you understand what, "a guaranteed fixed fee" is.

56 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

The word was 'shtick', which is commonly used in English.  You must have been dogging Chatelherault Primary the day the Dick and Dora Yiddish Lexicon was handed out or it would be in your collection, ya schmuck.

Edited by The_Kincardine

49 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

91peL6vWuFL.jpg

3 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

But sitting in 3rd, three points behind 2nd and five clear of 3rd, I reckon that puts us ‘in the mix’ despite the shortcomings, signings and subsequent departure of our previous manager. Not sure what’s so delusional about that? Its a fact.
You seem to post an awful lot on a club that holds such little relevance to you btw. emoji849.png

You I have no issues with you are a rarity you have realistic targets and targets that should be attained with your budget. Unfortunately you are subject to ridicule solely through association.

My main issue with most sevconians is their belief that they are capable of launching a title challenge in the 2nd half of this season, totally disregarding the 39 pts advantage Sellick had at the end of last season, obviously your lot have improved from last season not markedly but the signs are there, and Sellick have admittedly been slightly less clinical this season compared to last season.But for some of your fans to be making these outlandish claims just makes them fair game.

I have also made a few posts about the financial plight your club is enduring just now and again fans of your club in their delusional minds just refute the factual evidence or are unaware of how the club is being financed.

I think most of them think the soft loans are just going to be written off by the individuals/institutions providing these loans. DK has made comment about these loans being converted into shares but this would require the consent of the financiers.

DK is also obligated to offer existing shareholders an opportunity to release their shareholding to him via him purchasing them, in the court DK through his lawyer basically declared himself bankrupt in an attempt to make himself financially handcuffed and therefore under no obligation to comply with the court ruling, this is never going to be the case and when DK is instructed to comply with the court ruling the consequences could be more punitive towards the clubs existance than the events which unfolded during the 2011-2012 season.

the reason I don't limit myself to Accies threads is because I am a football fan and last time I checked this is a football forum.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I don't think you understand what, "a guaranteed fixed fee" is.

The word was 'shtick', which is commonly used in English.  You must have been dogging Chatelherault Primary the day the Dick and Dora Yiddish Lexicon was handed out or it would be in your collection, ya schmuck.

I didn't think that I'd ever see Chatelherault Primary mentioned in a post on here :lol: