Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Rangers in being hypocritical cretinous bigoted scumbags shocker.

This recent sorry episode sees the club somehow simultaneously victim-blaming and playing the victim.

An extraordinary new low for one half of the cancer that afflicts Scottish football. 

2 minutes ago, Amato72 said:

Would be nice if we could talk about football on this thread.

RANGERS can today confirm that Allan McGregor has rejoined the club on a two-year deal.

The vastly experienced Scotland goalkeeper was recently named Hull City’s Player of the Year for 2017/18 and becomes new manager Steven Gerrard’s second signing following the arrival of midfielder Scott Arfield on Monday.

Decent signing imo.

Alnwick or Fods to leave?

Personally I'd rather keep Fods.

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

On P&B it is an unacceptable term. Rightly so.  On P&B anti-Catholic slurs are unacceptable.  Rightly so.  The gist of your argument is that we encourage the use of the H word so we can use our own slurs.  This is ridiculous.

What utter tripe, stop conflating things for your own ends.

I am, for what it's worth, a Protestant - nobody has ever called me a *** in my 50 years.

I have been called a fe***n and a t**g by supporters of your team. Often.

Their rationale (if we could call buckfast induced stupidity a rationale) is that I support Hibs.

Jambos call us spoon burning jakies, but I don't go running to P&B mods about it.

So, please don't get all "faux offended" by that term, it's not sectarian, and your fans have a brass neck suggesting it's anything other than a derogatory term for supporters of the old Rangers and the current tribute act.

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Actually I imagine the majority of football fans outside of Celtic and Sevco don't give a shit about religion. 

Because it's moronic shite for cretins.

If you think the majority of Rangers and Celtic fans DO give a shit about religion, you're mistaken.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Alnwick or Fods to leave?

Personally I'd rather keep Fods.

Fods to leave.  Rangers don't go out and sign someone on what? £20k a week unless Fods is for the off.

3 minutes ago, thepundit said:

If you think the majority of Rangers and Celtic fans DO give a shit about religion, you're mistaken.

That's a good point actually. They don't.

But still... lets use it to point score anyway eh?

4 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Sectarian-minded Rangers fans don't really want people to stop calling them 'h*ns', they're just using it as leverage so they can keep throwing blatant slurs like 't*igs' or 't*rriers' around. 

19 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Rangers fans take offence at it, partly because it's a license to use their own slurs, and partly because it makes the sectarianism points tally a bit less one-sided, if they can contrive some sectarian offence aimed at them to balance out whatever they dish out. 

Dreadful stuff from you.  You almost never see Rangers fans on here 'dish out' sectarian terms.  I can recall a small number of incidents over 12 years and these culprits have rightly been dealt with.  I don't see, either, Rangers fans hiding behind the swear filter.

I do see frequent use of one particular sectarian slur and many posters vaunting it.  This is unacceptable and shame on you for trying to explain it away.

4 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Fods to leave.  Rangers don't go out and sign someone on what? £20k a week unless Fods is for the off.

No idea what his wages will be, if we want to improve the squad strength then I've always felt more assured with Fods in goals.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I do see frequent use of one particular sectarian slur and many posters vaunting it.  This is unacceptable and shame on you for trying to explain it away.

Actually, we're trying to get you to explain how it's sectarian, something you repeatedly avoid doing.

3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Actually, we're trying to get you to explain how it's sectarian, something you repeatedly avoid doing.

Because it's been used as a slur against Protestants both on here and elsewhere.  I am amazed that I have to state this again...but then I'm amazed that people vaunt the use of the term.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Because it's been used as a slur against Protestants both on here and elsewhere.  I am amazed that I have to state this again...but then I'm amazed that people vaunt the use of the term.

What's the connection between the "h" term and protestants? There is no connection whatsoever and is a term used against all fans of The Rangers equally, regardless of their religious background. But you already know this.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

What's the connection between the "h" term and protestants? There is no connection whatsoever and is a term used against all fans of The Rangers equally, regardless of their religious background. But you already know this.

We know that this isn't true.  Please don't try and adopt the line that *** is used exclusively for Rangers fans/players.  This would be childish in the extreme.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

No idea what his wages will be, if we want to improve the squad strength then I've always felt more assured with Fods in goals.

Fods is defo better than Alnwick but I don't get the impression fods is the type of keeper who'll sit on the bench just so he can say he plays for Rangers. (as I expect Alnwick would)

Hence, I expect McGregor and Alnwick next season.

We know that this isn't true.  Please don't try and adopt the line that *** is used exclusively for Rangers fans/players.  This would be childish in the extreme.

Claiming something is sectarian doesn't make it sectarian. I suggest you read up about the sour buns, then you'll better understand why the term is applied to all supporters of your horrid, vile club.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Claiming something is sectarian doesn't make it sectarian. I suggest you read up about the sour buns, then you'll better understand why the term is applied to all supporters of your horrid, vile club.

And you maintain that this is how it is exclusively applied?

3 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Fods is defo better than Alnwick but I don't get the impression fods is the type of keeper who'll sit on the bench just so he can say he plays for Rangers. (as I expect Alnwick would)

Hence, I expect McGregor and Alnwick next season.

You could be right there.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dreadful stuff from you.  You almost never see Rangers fans on here 'dish out' sectarian terms. 

On P&B there are disproportionately few Rangers fans and if they had inclinations towards bigotry, the moderators keep them in line - you're an unrepresentative sample and you're on your best behaviour.

It's very, very, easy to find examples of mass bigotry among Rangers fans sitting side by side with self-indignant outrage about the term '***' as you well know.

And you maintain that this is how it is exclusively applied?

How can it be applied in a sectarian manner, when the subject around the term itself has no religious connection? You claim it's sectarian towards Protestants, despite the fact that it has absolutely no link to that religious sect, or any for that matter.

Stop making things up to suit your clubs victimization agenda.

From the ever reliable sun

EXCLUSIVE: Steven Gerrard wants Jermain Defoe and Lucas Leiva to join his Rangers revolution

Edited by bennett

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Who are the "Protestants on here"