Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

And you maintain that this is how it is exclusively applied?

Please provide me a single example of the word *** being used towards someone exclusively because they are protestant rather than because they support Rangers.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

In Scotland, it's exclusively applied to Rangers either directly, or indirectly as in '*** without the bus fare' or 'diet ***' whenever other teams fanbases copy from the Rangers hymn book. I am not aware of any other use, excepting Eastern European invaders in the dark ages, and World War 1-era epithets for German soldiers.

Edited by Aim Here

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

How can it be applied in a sectarian manner, when the subject around the term itself has no religious connection? You claim it's sectarian towards Protestants, despite the fact that it has absolutely no link to that religious sect, or any for that matter.

Stop making things up to suit your clubs victimization agenda.

7 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Claiming something is sectarian doesn't make it sectarian. I suggest you read up about the sour buns, then you'll better understand why the term is applied to all supporters of your horrid, vile club.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

How can it be applied in a sectarian manner, when the subject around the term itself has no religious connection?

Let's take a step back.  Are you claiming that The H Word is exclusively applied to Rangers supporters/players?

3 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Please provide me a single example of the word *** being used towards someone exclusively because they are protestant rather than because they support Rangers.

If I do then will you agree with me that it's a term that should be excluded from the P&B vocabulary?

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Let's take a step back.  Are you claiming that The H Word is exclusively applied to Rangers supporters/players?

That's exactly what i'm saying. As has already been mentioned on this thread. The fans of most major clubs in Scotland who belong to a religious sect are predominantly Protestant. Doesn't stop them referring to fans of The Rangers as **** though. Because that's what the word is referencing, fans of The Rangers, not Protestants.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

That's exactly what i'm saying. As has already been mentioned on this thread. The fans of most major clubs in Scotland who belong to a religious sect are predominantly Protestant. Doesn't stop them referring to fans of The Rangers as **** though. Because that's what the word is referencing, fans of The Rangers, not Protestants.

You failed to answer the question.  Is that how it's used exclusively?

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

FWIW, the only time I've ever seen or heard the word *** used is when it refers to a Rangers fan. 

The single exception is some guy called Attila the ***. 

11 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

In Scotland, it's exclusively applied to Rangers either directly, or indirectly as in '*** without the bus fare' or 'diet ***' whenever other teams fanbases copy from the Rangers hymn book. 

So it is not applied exclusively to Rangers fans/players.  Thanks.