Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

23 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Because it's been used as a slur against Protestants both on here and elsewhere.  I am amazed that I have to state this again...but then I'm amazed that people vaunt the use of the term.

It's only used against  The Rangers fans, not "protestants" you Muppet.

But you already know that, eh?

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

So it is not applied exclusively to Rangers fans/players.  Thanks.

Are you fucking stupid? H*n without the bus fare is translated, verbatim, to 'Rangers supporter who can't afford to go'

Unless you genuinely believe that this is a purely bigoted and religious use of the term and is a claim that you wish to be protestant but can't afford the bus to church.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dear me.

Saying that a football fan is like a Rangers fan is still using the term to refer to a Rangers fan. If I was to refer to fans of, say, Edinburgh City, as 'Jambos who can't afford season tickets', that still wouldn't make the term 'Jambo' anything other than a term for a Hearts player or fan. Same with ***.

And in any case, you're still a million fucking miles away from establishing that the H word is used in Scotland as a synonym for Protestant.

Edited by Aim Here

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I believe there's photographic evidence of it being used in Northern Irish graffiti to seemingly mean "people from the Protestant community".

Debating the term is usually, at best, tedious.  Today, it's pretty irrelevant too.

This isn't Northern fucking Ireland MT.

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

It's only used against  The Rangers fans, not "protestants" you Muppet.

But you already know that, eh?

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Are you fucking stupid? H*n without the bus fare is translated, verbatim, to 'Rangers supporter who can't afford to go'

Unless you genuinely believe that this is a purely bigoted and religious use of the term and is a claim that you wish to be protestant but can't afford the bus to church.

2 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The club trying to sidestep this by blaming oldco is horrific.

The decent **** should step up and sort that out.

Take it up with @Aim Here

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Where exactly are you going with this? You claimed it was a slur against the Protestant faith. Sometimes it's used against a small minority of Hearts supporters, who are really fans of The Rangers, but can't make the trip. Nothing to do with religion m8.

Except for those morons who view Hearts as the alternative "Protestant club".

bQshDtu.png

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Take it up with @Aim Here

No, I'm taking it up with you.

You're the one who has made a rip-roaring arse of himself and unbelievably tried to gain some sort of victory here by saying that someone is a 'H*n without the bus fare' is not in anyway aimed at Rangers fans when that is 100% exactly what it's aimed at. It's the point of the fucking statement.

You're calling them a Rangers fan.

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

So it is not applied exclusively to Rangers fans/players. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No, I'm taking it up with you.

You're the one who has made a rip-roaring arse of himself and unbelievably tried to gain some sort of victory here by saying that someone is a 'H*n without the bus fare' is not in anyway aimed at Rangers fans when that is 100% exactly what it's aimed at. It's the point of the fucking statement.

You're calling them a Rangers fan.

The diddies on here claim that it is used to describe Rangers fans.  Clearly it isn't.  We have evidence from non-Rangers fans to confirm this.  I have no idea why you, or the rest of your coterie, would try and support this fallacy.

OK I know it is P&B's favourite sectarian slur but it is desperate stuff to try and justify the unjustifiable and hide behind the 'only Rangers fans' trope.

The diddies on here claim that it is used to describe Rangers fans.  Clearly it isn't.  We have evidence from non-Rangers fans to confirm this.  I have no idea why you, or the rest of your coterie, would try and support this fallacy.
OK I know it is P&B's favourite sectarian slur but it is desperate stuff to try and justify the unjustifiable and hide behind the 'only Rangers fans' trope.
Explain how it is sectarian m8

You're really making a c**t of this by the way.

How's the finding a single example of *** being used against a protestant in no way related to Rangers going?

So when is it not used to describe Rangers fans? Please provide examples. I get that you're steaming and everything is a bit of a haze, but the route you're going down here (H*ns without the bus fare) to back your point up is actually making you look even less intelligent, if that's possible.

Also, you have not, cannot and will not provide any sort of solid evidence the the term is used outwith a Rangers connection and purely as a derogatory term for a protestant. Because it isn't.

It's desperate whataboutism on your part to claim that it's sectarian. If that were true fans of just about every club in Scotland are. The only people who claim it is are Rangers fans themselves in a half-arsed attempt to try and justify their own behaviour.

The state of your profile picture as well. You really are something else.