Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

42 minutes ago, Jdog said:

I know!..the let Sevco leapfrog Spartans to join D4 FFS!

No one leapfrogged Spartans, that is just one of your errors here..

Edited by bennett

Do the SFA ever get anything right, a QC led legal spent almost a year looking for charges to bring against Rangers at their judicial panel. Only to be told that they'd gotten it wrong again.

I've a feeling that a CAS case would also leave them with egg on their faces. But the moon howlers must be appeased at all costs.
This is yet another example of Rangers doing wrong but finding a way to get away from the consequences. Rangers and their fans all know they did wrong but will lap this up as some sort of get it up ye victory.

You are correct in that it's a complete waste of money and time given the punishments that can be handed out. However, there is no reason why Rangers can't come out here and say the old board made an arse of it and we know it was wrong, however it's a waste of time and money at this time. We will do whatever we can to ensure that the current board won't make the same mistakes etc etc

The reason people hate Rangers so much now is due to the constant rejection of blame for their own wrongdoings while trying to blame everyone else. It's so easily repaired

Just now, Tartantony said:

This is yet another example of Rangers doing wrong but finding a way to get away from the consequences. Rangers and their fans all know they did wrong but will lap this up as some sort of get it up ye victory.

You are correct in that it's a complete waste of money and time given the punishments that can be handed out. However, there is no reason why Rangers can't come out here and say the old board made an arse of it and we know it was wrong, however it's a waste of time and money at this time. We will do whatever we can to ensure that the current board won't make the same mistakes etc etc

The reason people hate Rangers so much now is due to the constant rejection of blame for their own wrongdoings while trying to blame everyone else. It's so easily repaired

It's not the only reason I can assure you.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

After frantically searching Google and coming up with fcuk all.....

Leapfrogged indeed.

Yes, a club without 3 years audited accounts ( hence no European football) so new club Sevco admitted into D3 ,where teams like Cove and Spartans had failed...anyway no comment on the latest Judge to call the King's bluff today?...or are you waiting to read what Jaba tells Chris Jack:lol:

8 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Rangers have merely followed the wording of the five way agreement, that this cannot be dealt with by the SFA. Now considering that the SFA misunderstood this, it's also more than likely that these two charges that have been brought against Rangers are also groundless.

8 minutes ago, Jdog said:

Yes, a club without 3 years audited accounts ( hence no European football) so new club Sevco admitted into D3 ,where teams like Cove and Spartans had failed...anyway no comment on the latest Judge to call the King's bluff today?...or are you waiting to read what Jaba tells Chris Jack:lol:

They never applied to join the sfl at that time tho.

Yes it's a question of Rangers again dodging justice and exploiting Scottish football administrative nonsense in doing so.

Just as the fact that improperly registered players somehow couldn't retrospectively be deemed ineligible; so the shambles that was the five way agreement has enabled Rangers to wriggle out of this European licence stuff.

I honestly cannot imagine being anything other than mortified if a club I supported got away with deceitful wrongdoing on such flimsy bases.  Instead, it becomes a boast and a means to claim persecution.  It's ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes it's a question of Rangers again dodging justice and exploiting Scottish football administrative nonsense in doing so.

Just as the fact that improperly registered players somehow couldn't retrospectively be deemed ineligible; so the shambles that was the five way agreement has enabled Rangers to wriggle out of this European licence stuff.

I honestly cannot imagine being anything other than mortified if a club I supported got away with deceitful wrongdoing on such flimsy bases.  Instead, it becomes a boast and a means to claim persecution.  It's ridiculous.

Could not possibly put it any better myself. 

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The players were correctly registered tho, Sandy Bryson from the SFA confirmed this and Lord William Nimmo Smith agreed.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

The players were correctly registered tho, Sandy Bryson from the SFA confirmed this and Lord William Nimmo Smith agreed.

They weren't properly registered Bennett.  That's what the record fine was for.

The flaws however did not apparently render the players ineligible.

I've a feeling we've been here before.

Rangers have merely followed the wording of the five way agreement, that this cannot be dealt with by the SFA. Now considering that the SFA misunderstood this, it's also more than likely that these two charges that have been brought against Rangers are also groundless.

And they are well within their rights to use whatever means they can, good on them. It's pretty obvious why they've used it though, if the charges were in fact groundless then why not just let the SFA deal with it and let them look stupid? Rangers know fine well they did wrong and are using a technicality to get out of it.

My point still stands, there seems to be an inability to take responsibility for any wrongdoing while trying to blame everyone else. You do it all the time.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They weren't properly registered Bennett.  That's what the record fine was for.

The flaws however did not apparently render the players ineligible.

I've a feeling we've been here before.

Been here before dozens of times.

"

The tribunal states that the Scottish FA approach to the rules is clear and the SPL should apply their rules in the same manner.

"We are satisfied that the registration of the Specified Players with the SPL was valid from the outset, and accordingly that they were eligible to play in official matches." (p27)

"This is an important finding, as it means that there was no instance shown of Rangers FC fielding an ineligible player. "

".Sandy Bryson, Head of Registrations at the Scottish FA, gives evidence that registrations remain unless revoked and are not automatically invalid due to rule breaches"

7 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

And they are well within their rights to use whatever means they can, good on them. It's pretty obvious why they've used it though, if the charges were in fact groundless then why not just let the SFA deal with it and let them look stupid? Rangers know fine well they did wrong and are using a technicality to get out of it.

My point still stands, there seems to be an inability to take responsibility for any wrongdoing while trying to blame everyone else. You do it all the time.

Rangers had to abide by the five way agreement and so should the SFA, remember that we were railroaded into it.

Would any other team accept a judicial panel in those circumstances?

Rangers had to abide by the five way agreement and so should the SFA, remember that we were railroaded into it.
Would any other team accept a judicial panel in those circumstances?
If they were innocent then I'm sure they wouldn't care either way. If they were guilty then of course they wouldn't accept it and do whatever they can to avoid it.

Why can't you just admit that your club made an arse of it again and be happy they've got away with it?