Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

On 23/04/2019 at 21:51, The_Kincardine said:

Quiet week or two on the thread as we're looking like a reasonably competent team at the moment.  Plus we've had no 'off the park' shenanigans to get the diddies in a foment.

Our potential signing of Hastie is getting a few Dossers in a froth.  Why wouldn't a fast and direct forward want to sign for the most attacking team in the Premiership?  I have no doubt that we'll improve him and he'll fit in well to our system:

A Motherwell boy delighting in such a development.

Sickening.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A Motherwell boy delighting in such a development.

Sickening.

Eh?  What does an accident of geography have to do with thinking that a fast, pacey winger will relish playing for the league's most attacking team?

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?  What does an accident of geography have to do with thinking that a fast, pacey winger will relish playing for the league's most attacking team?

An accident of geography?  That's laughable.

Football teams are based on geography, which is why they have homes.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

An accident of geography?  That's laughable.

Football teams are based on geography, which is why they have homes.

Of course it's an accident of geography.  I had no choice in moving to M'well.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Of course it's an accident of geography.  I had no choice in moving to M'well.

Of course where we're from is all accidental and even largely incidental in life.

In terms of football support though, it's the bit that matters.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Of course where we're from is all accidental and even largely incidental in life.

In terms of football support though, it's the bit that matters.

So the 'bit that matters' is accidental and incidental.  That makes sense.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ian?

Probably too young to understand that. And for goodness sake there is no plural for “you”, apart from “you”. Why do people put an “S” on the end of “you”, ever? Does ma heid in. And don’t get me started again on people starting sentences with “so”.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Probably too young to understand that. And for goodness sake there is no plural for “you”, apart from “you”. Why do people put an “S” on the end of “you”, ever? Does ma heid in. And don’t get me started again on people starting sentences with “so”.

So it probably came from a need to ensure that the difference between a plural you and a singular you was picked up. Language evolves. So it does.

On the "so" thing, I find myself doing it more and more because EVERYONE here does it. I hate it, but it's impossible not to pick up on these little idiosyncrasies.

So it probably came from a need to ensure that the difference between a plural you and a singular you was picked up. Language evolves. So it does.
On the "so" thing, I find myself doing it more and more because EVERYONE here does it. I hate it, but it's impossible not to pick up on these little idiosyncrasies.

I find it’s worse when it’s

So,