Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

For all Rangers are papped out the Champions League, and theres potential for extreme LOLZ when they meet Celtic/someone decent in the Europa, the real toxicity starts when they start failing to beat diddy sides. Any predictions on when I can maybe pencil that in?

I think St Johnstone will beat them in the League Cup at the weekend.

2 hours ago, stressball said:

Rangers would surely never go for such a discriminatory hiring policy…

IMG_6651.jpeg

Thankfully your choice of football team is not a protected characteristic so let’s get the background checks done and weed out any pesky Celtic fans! 

9 hours ago, stressball said:

Court ruled that word fine.

It didn’t bother Under Armour or EA.

I'd agree with the courts if they ruled the word to be non-sectarian. However, it's still a derogatory term for Rangers/their supporters - not a good look for an employee in an elevated position, surely you realise that? Still very funny though. 

22 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'd agree with the courts if they ruled the word to be non-sectarian. However, it's still a derogatory term for Rangers/their supporters - not a good look for an employee in an elevated position, surely you realise that? Still very funny though. 

I do, but they’ve went after him because he’s openly a Celtic fan and worked at Celtic.

The tweets just helped the cause.

8 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Dinamo Kyiv is strike one for Phillipe Clement as far as the fanbase is concerned. Rangers fans are wondering why the board offered him a new contract, but if you flip it back to Clements point of view you have to wonder what made him sign it?

I hope he has some assurances from the Rangers Board otherwise he's put himself in a poor position by signing that contract. He took the job under false pretenses originally granted, but he only has himself to blame if he hasn't covered himself. If he gets sacked by Rangers under pressure to win the league then where does he go from there?

Where do the Rangers go ?

Another manager required 

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Thankfully your choice of football team is not a protected characteristic so let’s get the background checks done and weed out any pesky Celtic fans! 

I was amazed he made it in with his name, being honest.

1 hour ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Where do the Rangers go ? Another manager required 

The manager isn't the issue at Rangers. Fans always want a change of manager if their expectations (realistic or not) aren't met. The fans are in my opinion the main issue at Rangers and have been for many a long year. It's hilarious that they (generally speaking) don't recognise that about themselves.

The board, the players and the manager are all in an impossible position. Imagine Aberdeen fans today holding their club to standards from the 80's and you get an idea of what is going on at that club.

On 17/10/2023 at 17:31, 2426255 said:

I think the fans expectations work against Rangers in the sense that their board factor it into their planning resulting in more short termism such as sacking managers etc where what would be better is playing the longer game especially after stopping 10iar, obviously the rangers fanbase will not accept that and so this pattern will continue to play out for a while yet.

Mark Warburton recently said in an interview that he was surprised to see that Rangers were expecting to win the league the year after they were promoted after seeing a banner in their first home game of the season (draw with Hamilton). While Rangers aren't where they were then it supports the point that Rangers fans don't know their place in the hierarchy which anyone objective would accept today is 2nd.

The worry for me was that immediately I knew the expectation was going to go through the roof. The expectation was roaring. The bigger picture for me was this overriding fear that the expectation had reached an unrealistic level and this was absolutely confirmed for the first game of the league season at home and I see going for 55 on the far side and I just knew that the expectation was not right.

Mark Warburton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgOrC6u7yag

Edited by 2426255

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m assuming this will require Rangers to improve on their recent form and make the top 6 ?

😂 touché.

You'd think they’d have applied for permission given they know they need to get it done…

IMG_6668.jpeg

I'd assume Rangers are waiting to know what ground they're playing at in January before doing anything?

This is all a bit "Rangers are struggling, let's join the pile in and f**k our own fans to earn brownie points with them" from Celtic tbh, and their own fans are, unsurprisingly, too busy laughing at Rangers to realise it's them who are losing out the most.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd assume Rangers are waiting to know what ground they're playing at in January before doing anything?

This is all a bit "Rangers are struggling, let's join the pile in and f**k our own fans to earn brownie points with them" from Celtic tbh, and their own fans are, unsurprisingly, too busy laughing at Rangers to realise it's them who are losing out the most.

Boy at work has a Rangers season ticket and he seems to think the message from Bennett means they’ll be back at Ibrox for the Hibs game in December.

He said the message about Hampden was only up to the last league game in August so given it’s now 16/8 and the feedback the club have had about their communication I’d assume they won’t change that now.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

5 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Yeah, not the good look that Celtic fans think it is.

End of the day, it was being made out that it was big bad Celtic going back on an agreement, turns out it’s not , it’s Rangers not keeping to it.

It doesn’t matter when they’ll be in Ibrox, they know it’s needing done, so just get it done.

Just now, stressball said:

End of the day, it was being made out that it was big bad Celtic going back on an agreement, turns out it’s not , it’s Rangers not keeping to it.

It doesn’t matter when they’ll be in Ibrox, they know it’s needing done, so just get it done.

Petty as f**k.

26 minutes ago, stressball said:

What was the arrangement, to have the safety netting installed at Ibrox by 14th August? Or have it installed ahead of the game scheduled there on 2nd January?

Edited by AJF

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Safety netting ?

Yeah, essentially that's part of the agreement for away allocations to return, that safety netting is erected at Ibrox and Celtic Park to prevent items being thrown.

48 minutes ago, stressball said:

It's quite clearly Celtic that are the issue here. It's not unreasonable for Rangers to think they'll be at Ibrox for the game so Celtic throwing a hissy fit and not allowing Rangers fans at Celtic Park, because Rangers haven't yet made assurances Hampden will have nets, is entirely pathetic.