Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

57 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I don't think it's strange. Club employee badmouths officials and they are going to be sanctioned, and that would be the same for chairpersons, managers, whoever. Willie Miller is obviously not employed by Aberdeen. 

I just assumed Miller might’ve been employed in some sort of ambassador type role.

6 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I just assumed Miller might’ve been employed in some sort of ambassador type role.

He isn't. He can say exactly what he wants to piss of most posters on P&B.

9 hours ago, AJF said:

I never said Hagi was at fault though? I don’t blame him for wanting to stay. I said it would be best for both parties if he moved on though as he is not going to play for us at all if the rumours are true. He won’t get his wage increase and will waste a couple of years of his career.

Rangers have been extremely foolish if they’ve agreed to this new deal (when he was out injured) that nets him a wage increase. I feel you’ve picked something up from my post that I didn’t say.

Again, how is it best for Hagi? He has a contract that he is happy with and he wants to stay at the club.  It's better for the club for him to move, not for the player, who has stated he doesn't want to move.  

1 hour ago, Spring Onion said:

Again, how is it best for Hagi? He has a contract that he is happy with and he wants to stay at the club.  It's better for the club for him to move, not for the player, who has stated he doesn't want to move.  

Because he is jeopardising his future career if he is to be frozen out of playing football for the next two years. It’s unlikely he will continue to get picked for Romania if he is playing B Team football.

Let’s not forget, Hagi is now saying that he’d like to stay after indicating before the Euros that he wanted to find a new club:

My focus is on the Euros,” Hagi said. “I had talks with my agents and the pressure is on them. They know what I want for my future, it's a pretty important summer for me from all points of view. I told them before going to the national team what I wanted. 

“I expect them to work as well as possible, to find the right team and the right manager for me.

So, I’m not sure why it was in his best interest to leave before the Euros but it isn’t now. Unless he has had a change of heart, it may be that he just hasn’t managed to find a team that he thinks is suitable.

Either way, I think making the choice to stay at Rangers when it seems that he won’t feature for us will damage his career moving forward.

To reiterate though, I’m not blaming Hagi here. He may well be happy to receive his wage and sit doing nothing. I just think it’s a waste and may harm his career long term.

ETA: I also think it’s poor from Rangers to freeze him out like that (if the rumours about the contract are true), but Clement has made it clear we have advised Hagi he is not in his plans and should find a new club.

Edited by AJF

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Because he is jeopardising his future career if he is to be frozen out of playing football for the next two years. It’s unlikely he will continue to get picked for Romania if he is playing B Team football.

He plays football to earn money. He clearly is on a very decent wage, more than anyone else out there is ever going to offer him. He has realised this now and is sitting in and running out his contract or waiting for a pay-off, either way he's decided that's what's best for him.  Hagi finding a new club on a lower wage is what's best for The Rangers. 

8 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

He plays football to earn money. He clearly is on a very decent wage, more than anyone else out there is ever going to offer him. He has realised this now and is sitting in and running out his contract or waiting for a pay-off, either way he's decided that's what's best for him.  Hagi finding a new club on a lower wage is what's best for The Rangers. 

Okay, you win. You asked why I thought it would be best for both parties but I give up.

This could also backfire on us with future signings as players and clubs will think twice about accepting similarly structured deals with us.  (If the rumours  are true)

Strange, Rangers have a history of contracts that go up after a player has played a certain amount of games. And not playing them because they can't afford it. You'd think they'd learn Michael Ball: I had to pay Everton £4000 every time I played for Rangers.. that's when I realised club was in trouble - Daily Record

17 hours ago, AJF said:

Because if rumours are to be believed, if he makes a few more appearances he is due a bumper wage increase. Apparently that’s why we have not been playing and won’t be playing him going forward. He is wasted just sitting about doing nothing.

He’s a better option than a lot of what you currently have, the irony of this is many Rangers fans giving it big licks about him being their player during the Euros as he was doing well for Romania and now he is persona non grata as you can’t afford to pay him. 😂

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He’s a better option than a lot of what you currently have, the irony of this is many Rangers fans giving it big licks about him being their player during the Euros as he was doing well for Romania and now he is persona non grata as you can’t afford to pay him. 😂

Almost as bad as Celtic where a player becomes persona non grata just for being an Israeli national.

Sad isn’t it? 

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Almost as bad as Celtic where a player becomes persona non grata just for being an Israeli national.

Sad isn’t it? 

Except he wasn’t, bit weird why you continue to push something that even the player himself said wasn’t true

18 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The only time I seen any Rangers fan mention Hagi being our player during the Euros was when a prominent Celtic twitter account incorrectly said we had no players in the knockout stage of the Euros. If that's considered big licks, or you've seen something different than I have, then fair enough.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

The only time I seen any Rangers fan mention Hagi being our player during the Euros was when a prominent Celtic twitter account incorrectly said we had no players in the knockout stage of the Euros. If that's considered big licks, or you've seen something different than I have, then fair enough.

Seen a bit on X over the summer with similar sentiment with Rangers fans flexing over Hagi being still in the tournament quite often as part of a Callum McGregor pile on

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Except he wasn’t, bit weird why you continue to push something that even the player himself said wasn’t true

Where did he say it wasn’t true?

From my memory Rodgers said he was having a tough time personally and Abada said it had been difficult.

Please feel free to quote me where he gave the reason why he left.

ETA - why did he leave if it wasn’t in his plans to do so?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68507625.amp

He is quoted there as saying “thanks to all the Celtic fans who stood by me”. That’s not “I thank all Celtic fans” it’s “I thank the ones who didn’t turn on me”.

So if he didn’t want to leave, and Rodgers referred to the ongoing situation in Gaza as a reason, and he left after Celtic fans celebrated a terrorist attack against his home country - then give me a quote about the real reason he left.

Edited by Sortmeout