Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

^^^ Kens it

Ach I've wasted enough time arguing over something incredibly boring when I don't even disagree that much with the outcome.

It does amuse me how much seethe Morelos generates though. Every time he does something like this, there's always a few people telling on themselves with their reactions.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

As part of the same move to challenge for the ball, meaning that it can't be violent conduct by definition of the rule (as I understand it, at least).

Anyway, it's academic now. He'll be back for St Johnstone away next Wednesday.

You either haven’t watched the challenge, or you’re ‘avin’ a laff. 

Well just as you thought this conversation couldn't get any more boring, @Andrew Driver wades into it.

I've realised that by posting so much about this, I've acted like the exact type of person I hate.

So to save us all from boredom, let's get back to what really gets the juices flowing: ridiculously stupid transfer speculation. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dele-alli-audacious-rangers-transfer-23173808

Edited by G51

49 minutes ago, G51 said:

Ach I've wasted enough time arguing over something incredibly boring when I don't even disagree that much with the outcome.

It does amuse me how much seethe Morelos generates though. Every time he does something like this, there's always a few people telling on themselves with their reactions.

Bored, don’t even disagree, seethe. 

you've hit everything on the ‘I’ve fucked one this up’ bingo card I’m afraid. 

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

As a matter of interest what is "beyond the knockout stages"?

Haha, in the context of “reaching the knockout stages” I meant the round of 32/round of 16.

I appreciate that the quarter/semi/final are still the knockout stages, I just kind of separated them apart haha.

4 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

Little wonder you want to segue away from such an embarrassing performance.   Not even Brian McConnachie would have the brass neck to defend such a performance.   

I mean, this coming from the guy that thinks James Tavernier can't play football with fans in the stand is quite something.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

Well just as you thought this conversation couldn't get any more boring, @Andrew Driver wades into it.

I've realised that by posting so much about this, I've acted like the exact type of person I hate.

So to save us all from boredom, let's get back to what really gets the juices flowing: ridiculously stupid transfer speculation. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dele-alli-audacious-rangers-transfer-23173808

Aye, any speculation originating from TalkSport is immediately filed under “not going to happen”!

17 hours ago, G51 said:

He's clearly challenging the ball. He jumps for the header. Just because he doesn't win it doesn't mean he isn't challenging for it.

Sorry but anyone with any knowledge of football knows that he has actually gone out of his way to raise his arm after the initial jump/challenge/realisation he has not won the ball.

If you say otherwise then you need to agree that you either have on your blue-tinted glasses (we all do this with our clubs) or are just an absolute idiot.

It is a bit weird, but on the plus side all the amended times means we have almost a whole day of Premiership action to enjoy.

This game and St Johnstone - Hamilton at 3, Hibs - Ross County at 6, Motherwell - Killie at 6:15 and Celtic - DUTD and Livi - Aberdeen at 7:45.

Not great that we picked a Wednesday for this, but still quite cool.

24 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Has happened several times for Aberdeen at this time of year. I'd call it common.

Most are off their work anyway.

I'd say it was common if it fell on a bank holiday (Boxing Day, New Years/2nd January). Is it all that common for it to happen on a non-bank holiday on a weekday?

Edited by AJF

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'd say it was common if it fell on a bank holiday (Boxing Day, New Years/2nd January). Is it all that common for it to happen on a non-bank holiday on a weekday?

At Christmas time yes.

There's a good chance you're on TV which is why it isn't usually moved.

28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

At Christmas time yes.

There's a good chance you're on TV which is why it isn't usually moved.

I've had a look through the last 4 seasons worth of Rangers and Aberdeen fixtures (for balance) during the festive period, and in these 4 seasons between the two clubs there have been 4 matches that were played on a weekday that wasn't a bank holiday and every one of these was played at 19:45.

I honestly can't remember this being a common occurrence in previous seasons and the last 4 season's worth of Festive period fixtures I've checked for Rangers and Aberdeen there wasn't a single one. That's not to say it NEVER happens but it certainly doesn't seem to be common.

Edited by AJF