Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

On 17/03/2021 at 19:11, RandomGuy. said:

I've now got it to the stage where Davis is your best "passive" ball winner, as in he wins the ball from interceptions/loose balls. While Jack is your best aggressive ball winner, as in directly from tackling/duels etc., and Jack is also the best all round ball winner when you combine the two. Content with that.

Bit saft but managed to automate this so it creates radars just by me selecting players off a list. Jack and Aribo the best combination in the league...

1642435365_download(4).png.ac527188dbe889ded2708ed20e908f3d.png

... I doubt anyone cares, yer da will rip the pish, but I found it interesting and need to share it, otherwise it feels more like a waste of life than it is.

Kamara and Davis fit neatly in the middle, FWIW. Arfield slightly worse version of Aribo, while Zungu is a total outlier who doesn't really fit beside anyone.

1978629675_download(5).png.a6702ab76d15fe54f439eb20b8c36ef3.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

... I doubt anyone cares, yer da will rip the pish, but I found it interesting and need to share it, otherwise it feels more like a waste of life than it is.

You are (genuinely) as ever, correct with all of the above. Impressive work though. Keep it up. 

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

You are (genuinely) as ever, correct with all of the above. Impressive work though. Keep it up. 

I've absolutely zero idea why I've done it tbh. Snowballed entirely and now I've found myself with a relatively insightful thing I've no idea what to do with except arse around with it 😂

Complete and utter waste of time for absolutely no reason.

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bit saft but managed to automate this so it creates radars just by me selecting players off a list. Jack and Aribo the best combination in the league...

1642435365_download(4).png.ac527188dbe889ded2708ed20e908f3d.png

Kamara and Davis fit neatly in the middle, FWIW. Arfield slightly worse version of Aribo, while Zungu is a total outlier who doesn't really fit beside anyone.

1978629675_download(5).png.a6702ab76d15fe54f439eb20b8c36ef3.png

Jack/Aribo is extremely pleasing aesthetically. That’s what a radar should look like. 

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Jack/Aribo is extremely pleasing aesthetically. That’s what a radar should look like. 

I've spent all night hunting for it, Liam Craig/David Wotherspoon the closest.

Celtics combinations are wild.

I've spent all night hunting for it, Liam Craig/David Wotherspoon the closest.

Celtics combinations are wild.

I’d imagine the Brown/Rogic one is a riot tbf. 

8 hours ago, G51 said:

I’d imagine the Brown/Rogic one is a riot tbf. 

381643465_download(6).png.16b096e0617a12dc9830f53ec1ac7b4c.png

This has Brown better than Soro, FWIW, and Christie better than Turnbull.

Could be worse tbf.

3 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Surely Prague have to get chucked for this? 

Good on the Rangers players who kicked the f**k out the guy. If UEFA are serious about kicking it out, they should 110% be looking to either expel Prague from next years European competitions, or give Rangers a pass through, or alternatively, have both teams go out. 

Things won't change unless punishment is strong, the coward covered his mouth before he said what he said to Kamara. You can argue it's not fair for the whole team, some of whom are black, if they were to get launched, but I don't see what else can happen? 

The only issue Rangers might face is if Prague catch wind of the fact Gerrard falsely accused Gardyne of being homophobic.

This is not quite true. The case against Gardyne was dropped due to a lack of evidence rather than there being any kind of suggestion he had been falsely accused.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

381643465_download(6).png.16b096e0617a12dc9830f53ec1ac7b4c.png

This has Brown better than Soro, FWIW, and Christie better than Turnbull.

Could be worse tbf.

Not much dynamism in that, which is reflected in real life I suppose.

Not too surprised that it has Brown better than Soro and Christie better than Turnbull, because I’d say that’s probably the case. Soro was wildly overhyped and Christie has more to his game IMO.

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

Not much dynamism in that, which is reflected in real life I suppose.

Not too surprised that it has Brown better than Soro and Christie better than Turnbull, because I’d say that’s probably the case. Soro was wildly overhyped and Christie has more to his game IMO.

Quite pleased with how its showing things I suspected tbh, although I guess theres a chance I've unintentionally pointed it towards that direction.

Soro and Zungu come out fairly similar, FWIW, and I'm also unsure where Stephen Kelly would fit in your midfield based on this.

455417325_download(7).png.6421306546d1d02a4518ce867539e248.png

Not really similar to anyone you have, but would be if he can either become more of a goal threat, and become more comfortable on the ball in his own half.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Quite pleased with how its showing things I suspected tbh, although I guess theres a chance I've unintentionally pointed it towards that direction.

Soro and Zungu come out fairly similar, FWIW, and I'm also unsure where Stephen Kelly would fit in your midfield based on this.

455417325_download(7).png.6421306546d1d02a4518ce867539e248.png

Not really similar to anyone you have, but would be if he can either become more of a goal threat, and become more comfortable on the ball in his own half.

Aye from what I'm seeing so far, it looks like a pretty good way of accurately profiling midfielders. Is it Statsbomb, Wyscout or ModernFitba data you're using?

Looking at that I'd say Kelly profiles as one of the 8's. Probably replaces Scott Arfield's position (assuming he's good enough to make it of course). The lack of numbers as a goal threat might be explained by County playing him further back for most of the season - I think he does have a half-decent shot on him.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

Aye from what I'm seeing so far, it looks like a pretty good way of accurately profiling midfielders. Is it Statsbomb, Wyscout or ModernFitba data you're using?

Looking at that I'd say Kelly profiles as one of the 8's. Probably replaces Scott Arfield's position (assuming he's good enough to make it of course). The lack of numbers as a goal threat might be explained by County playing him further back for most of the season - I think he does have a half-decent shot on him.

WyScout. Couldnt get all the the metrics I wanted from ModernFitba, and Statsbomb is too expensive.

Got a different database trying to nail what role they've been asked to play, to tie everything together. Hopefully get that close to how I want it this weekend.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

WyScout. Couldnt get all the the metrics I wanted from ModernFitba, and Statsbomb is too expensive.

Got a different database trying to nail what role they've been asked to play, to tie everything together. Hopefully get that close to how I want it this weekend.

That's a good idea. Would be easy to use something like that to identify players that have been playing out of position all season. Doing that could give some insight into players who are currently undervalued due to recent poor performances.

21 minutes ago, G51 said:

That's a good idea. Would be easy to use something like that to identify players that have been playing out of position all season. Doing that could give some insight into players who are currently undervalued due to recent poor performances.

Work it into a decent enough looking state, concentrate on lower league players, start googling scouts and try and flog using it.

1 hour ago, CCB19035 said:

Gerrard has a habit of making baseless claims. 

In this instance, as in last night, it's clear as day what happened. 

Except it’s not Gerrard making the claim in this instance, it is Kamara and Zungu with Gerrard showing his support by saying he fully believes them.

Any prior “baseless claims” from Gerrard are irrelevant.

1379296192_download(8).png.d79eb1b3d9ea8e0d4c0a9c577807674f.png

Seems to agree with you. Blue is what hes been played as, red is what this reckons he should be playing as (maybe even potential of what they could be?).

How do you calculate that? PAdj numbers?

23 minutes ago, G51 said:

How do you calculate that? PAdj numbers?

When I could, to try and compensate for different teams having different requirements. Tried to focus on specific metrics I thought pointed to roles and used them against the league average to attempt to define roles. Had no idea how it would come out but it seems like its decent, just working through flaws as I had Rogic as a brilliant Box to Box player at one stage, which clearly isn't right.

Think having them side by side definitely shows players who are "underperforming" though.

Spoiler

Like, I think McCrorie has been disappointing for Aberdeen this season...

571438250_download(9).png.002ada9f75c961679dfd9b3021fcab8b.png

While Callachan is overperforming every role, while also being massively unbalanced...

1840621948_download(10).png.e5827809a789f3931b3117ba21749feb.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

I was chuffed as f**k when I checked the score last night and the tribute act had been pumped out but total solidarity with Kamara & Goldson 

I fucking abhor this poison which is still so prevalent in our society 

Have to say I was kind of hoping that Goldson broke free and starting knocking f**k out of the boy.

I was chuffed as f**k when I checked the score last night and the tribute act had been pumped out but total solidarity with Kamara & Goldson 
I fucking abhor this poison which is still so prevalent in our society 

Whilst I agree completely nothing is going to change as a lot of countries do fcuk all to stop it. Not saying European countries encourage it but they seem to have no interest in punishing people who indulge in it.