Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

IMG_1496656384.998314.jpg

Called Dalcio and sounds like a Brazil 1970 World Cup player so it's all good

To be fair to the lad, it can't be easy combining professional footballing duties with appearances on Celebrity Big Brother and singing the Thong Song on demand.

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

1 - if you want an exclusive rangers thread then why come on an open forum? I think FF or RM would be more to your liking.

2 - I am interested in your transfer activity, I like to know what we're up against. I also find the **** optimism, about players with fancy names who no one has ever seen play, amusing.

1- I am on a 3 day ban from Follow Follow i'm afraid. Seemingly you are not allowed to call a couple of bullshitters a couple of bullshitters. As far as Rangers Media goes. Banned Sine Die for calling a bigot a bigoted fuckwit. That's seemingly frowned upon. IMO a better solution would be to not allow bigoted fuckwits to post bigoted fuckwittery on their forum but hey ho.

2- I am optimistic within reason. The players we are bringing in appear to be a better standard than those that are , hopefully, being moved on. We have been on a bit of a journey over the last few seasons, you may have noticed, so we have learned the hard way that when everything seems to be going well there will be some clusterfuck or another just around the corner to stop us dead in our tracks. 

It is not only the last few seasons that are holding me back from getting too carried away. I remember well the arrival of PLG and the huge optimism around that time. I am friends with many Celtic supporters and they always say that was the one time they thought we were really going to move away from them. Unfortunately grossly underestimated what was required for the Scottish game.

I also remember Celtic spending £4 millionish (though i believe the fee has been readjusted since) on a top Mexican player and he was a complete flop. Efrian Juarez(?)

Optimistic? Yes. Blindly optimistic? Nah that will never happen again

11 minutes ago, Bobbyb1903 said:

Optimistic about what exactly? If you think these signings and Pedro are geting even close to Celtic you are aff your head... And lets face it, your season will be defined on how close you get to Celtic...these signings will close the gap on Aberdeen. 

There is no gap to close with Aberdeen. 

Aberdeen are looking likely to lose a few players. We ve already taken their captain 

Did you even read my post regarding optimism? 

The gap between Celtic and the rest will naturally close itself unless you think Celtic are going to go undefeated again 

33 minutes ago, Bobbyb1903 said:

And so what if you signed the sheeps captain, they already have a better replacement in Tansey.. Also rumoured to be getting Shaun Maloney and Ryan Christie, two players that are better than anything you have... 

You seem a bit upset. 

So you are wanting me to believe Shaun Maloney is better than Bruno Alves?

If they get Maloney it will be to replace Johnny Hayes. That is a downsizing.

Ryan Jack was too good for Rangers according to posters on here when we were first linked to him. Now he's signed he's suddenly become shite. 

Laughable nonsense I'm afraid on your part.

If things keep going the way they are at Tynecastle and Pittodrie it will be Hibs that are fighting for 2nd along with Rangers.

With all these hispanic players coming in we might have to change their name from the Gers to the Geezers.

Heard that as a mark of respect these guys are going to lead the players out on opening day whilst playing their version of "The Sombrero my father wore".

image.png

4 minutes ago, Bobbyb1903 said:

Why would I be upset?  Ryan Christie and Shaun Maloney would stroll into the rangers team.. Jack is a decent player for rangers, an upgrade on last year but that's not hard.. Alves, was a great player, lets see has he still anything in the tank... Will probably be good enough for second but as I said and as you know, second is failure for rangers...

Second for Rangers is only failure to those among the Rangers support who still , after all these years, refuse to accept where we are.

If you want me to make a prediction right now I would say we will be second but cut the gap with Celtic to 15-20 points

Maybe get close to a cup

No chance of reaching Europa League group stages.

Winning a cup = success

Getting even closer to Celtic = massive improvement 

Group Stages of Europa= I ll be doing cartwheels 

I'd say getting closer to Celtic SHOULD be seen as the priority for Rangers. Celtic focusing on Europe more should still mean they're good enough to take on the rest. Closing the gap will rest on a lot more than that.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

I'd say getting closer to Celtic SHOULD be seen as the priority for Rangers. Celtic focusing on Europe more should still mean they're good enough to take on the rest. Closing the gap will rest on a lot more than that.

The priority for Rangers is to win as many games as we can. I don't really buy into celtic focusing on Europe, domestic fitba is still their priority imo.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

The priority for Rangers is to win as many games as we can. I don't really buy into celtic focusing on Europe, domestic fitba is still their priority imo.

Celtic will still win the league easily focusing on Europe.

Not that they will do anything in UCL,