Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

So it is not even close to all the season ticket money yet.

Even if the current franchise sell 50'000 ST's at an average of £500 that's £25million.

They will not be spending "all the season ticket money" on players.

Edited by Romeo

Forgive me if this is a foolish question , but if all (or even a large amount of) the season ticket money is blown up front on some players who may or may not improve Sevco on the pitch, where are they going to get the money for ongoing costs for the rest of the season (players' wages, staff wages, keeping Ibrokes from falling down, paying off contracts for the next player to do a Joey Barton, etc) ?

Just now, nsr said:

Forgive me if this is a foolish question , but if all (or even a large amount of) the season ticket money is blown up front on some players who may or may not improve Sevco on the pitch, where are they going to get the money for ongoing costs for the rest of the season (players' wages, staff wages, keeping Ibrokes from falling down, paying off contracts for the next player to do a Joey Barton, etc) ?

Answer is "WATP..!!"

Nothing matters, it's all about closing the gap on the Dandies.

Just having a read about the lad Dalcio, 

Dalcio, who can play wide or as a central striker, said: “What attracted me was the history and size of Rangers, and the amazing fans the club has.

Shame someone like Ross County didn't take a punt, their history is far superior. 

Well good luck to yous. I'd be fucking worried if I were you. There are a lot of decent signings to be picked up for free/nominal fees, and spunking 3 mil on players who are very specific to a manager's idea is very risky. If Pedro gets the sack, will these players play for the Murty-type character who steps in? It seems this is the sort of business that the appointment of a DoF is supposed to avoid. 

Edited by RussellAnderson

5 hours ago, nsr said:

replica shirt sales.

shirt sponsor big bucks

Just having a read about the lad Dalcio, 

Dalcio, who can play wide or as a central striker, said: “What attracted me was the history and size of Rangers, and the amazing fans the club has.

These sounds bites from Traynor, sorry Dalcio, will mean nothing come October when he's toiling to unlock the tricky premiership defences.

56 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

These sounds bites from Traynor, sorry Dalcio, will mean nothing come October when he's toiling to unlock the tricky premiership defences. Love how they're sticking to their guns and only signing players that no ones ever heard off, very admirable.

And you were right up on Victor Wanyama and Virgil Van Dijk's careers before the signed for Celtic?  Now the players we've signed may well turn out to be gash, but just because you've never heard of them doesn't make them bad players.

I'll reserve judgement until I've actually seen them play for a bit.

And you were right up on Victor Wanyama and Virgil Van Dijk's careers before the signed for Celtic?  Now the players we've signed may well turn out to be gash, but just because you've never heard of them doesn't make them bad players.
I'll reserve judgement until I've actually seen them play for a bit.

Noted

7 hours ago, nsr said:

the board have indicated that they will cover any shortfall, like they have done the past couple of seasons, as for ibrox falling down do you still believe timmy bloggers nonsense even after the council stated there was no issues? various bits of work are being done at the stadium over the summer so there will be zero issues with that

7 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Well good luck to yous. I'd be fucking worried if I were you. There are a lot of decent signings to be picked up for free/nominal fees, and spunking 3 mil on players who are very specific to a manager's idea is very risky. If Pedro gets the sack, will these players play for the Murty-type character who steps in? It seems this is the sort of business that the appointment of a DoF is supposed to avoid. 

I half agree with you.  I said back in March, "I'm second guessing the board here but isn't this why the DoF job is more important?  Managers come and go but can slot in to a whole-club strategy.  This seems pretty sensible to me."

So appointing Pedro before the DoF is certainly putting the cart before the horse.  However, we live in am imperfect world.  Our club had two choices in the absence of a DoF: tread water or back the manager.  They've chosen to give the manager his head and the resultant, in less than a fortnight since the last league match, is 4 new players signed and 42,000 season tickets renewed/sold.

Meanwhile, your own club don't know who you'll retain next season, don't know who will manage you and have doubts about the board's backing for either the new or extant manager.  Combine that with the worst type of diddy posting about Craigy Whyte on 5 different threads and you can see why we optimistic Sevconians pour scorn on you.

Here's us training earlier:

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I half agree with you.  I said back in March, "I'm second guessing the board here but isn't this why the DoF job is more important?  Managers come and go but can slot in to a whole-club strategy.  This seems pretty sensible to me."

So appointing Pedro before the DoF is certainly putting the cart before the horse.  However, we live in am imperfect world.  Our club had two choices in the absence of a DoF: tread water or back the manager.  They've chosen to give the manager his head and the resultant, in less than a fortnight since the last league match, is 4 new players signed and 42,000 season tickets renewed/sold.

Meanwhile, your own club don't know who you'll retain next season, don't know who will manage you and have doubts about the board's backing for either the new or extant manager.  Combine that with the worst type of diddy posting about Craigy Whyte on 5 different threads and you can see why we optimistic Sevconians pour scorn on you.

I'm not watching that unless there's a crack of thunder and the players shit themselves?

I couldn't give two fucks about Craig Whyte pal. You must have me confused with someone else.

Nice one getting aggressive on a fitba forum though. It's *definitely* a good look.

3 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I couldn't give two fucks about Craig Whyte pal. You must have me confused with someone else.

Nice one getting aggressive on a fitba forum though. It's *definitely* a good look.

Dreary fucking me.  I pretty-much agreed with you and got what can only be called a flounce.