Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

I think Beale gave his view of a DoF when Ross Wilson left - that transfer dealings were considerably easier with one less person involved. 

He’s certainly been effective at making new signings and ruthless in letting go those he doesn’t fancy.

The proof now is whether it all comes together next season. If it does, he’s a genius; if it doesn’t he’ll need a wee bit of a steadying hand. 

So it seems that the option to buy Tillman for £5m has been withdrawn by Bayern after interest from Premier League and Bundesliga clubs materialised.

Bit of a kick in the teeth if we were prepared to pay it as we could've turned a quick profit. Obviously I'm unaware of how these things generally work, but I had just assumed the option to buy would've been written into the loan agreement prior to him joining us so I'm not sure how they can renege on it now.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

So it seems that the option to buy Tillman for £5m has been withdrawn by Bayern after interest from Premier League and Bundesliga clubs materialised.

Bit of a kick in the teeth if we were prepared to pay it as we could've turned a quick profit. Obviously I'm unaware of how these things generally work, but I had just assumed the option to buy would've been written into the loan agreement prior to him joining us so I'm not sure how they can renege on it now.

Or, Occam’s razor here, Rangers had no intention or ability to pay £5 million for anyone, let alone a flat track bully. 

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Or, Occam’s razor here, Rangers had no intention or ability to pay £5 million for anyone, let alone a flat track bully. 

May well be the case. Although if it were, you'd expect German media more cosy to Bayern to report that angle, rather than also report that it was Bayern that have cancelled the deal.

ETA: Or alternatively the player himself isn't keen on returning so that may be behind the reason it is being kicked out.

Edited by AJF

4 hours ago, AJF said:

You're apparently to receive a cancellation fee ~£1m.

Edit : and a percentage of the fee when they sell him.

Edited by Derry Alli

Just now, Derry Alli said:

You're apparently to receive a cancellation fee ~£1m.

Edit : and a percentage of the fee when they sell him.

Yeah just seen that there. £1m plus 10% of any future fee. So if Bayern are cancelling our £5m option they must be confident they’ll be getting significantly more for him. So we could end up with a couple of million or so.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Yeah just seen that there. £1m plus 10% of any future fee. So if Bayern are cancelling our £5m option they must be confident they’ll be getting significantly more for him. So we could end up with a couple of million or so.

There's rumours he's off for £10m.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

That seems a good bit of business by Rangers there. 

Anyone paying 10 million for Tillman presumably hasn't watched him play football. 

Money is just totally out of hand at the top end now, to the point where a Scottish Club is getting thrown what is in Scotland terms, a pretty massive amount of money in order to...... Not buy someone 🤣

Good work if you can get it. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone paying 10 million for Tillman presumably hasn't watched him play football. 

Money is just totally out of hand at the top end now, to the point where a Scottish Club is getting thrown what is in Scotland terms, a pretty massive amount of money in order to...... Not buy someone 🤣

Good work if you can get it. 

Obviously he’s getting nowhere near the Bayern 1st team squad, therefore if Bayern are cancelling the £5m ‘deal’ by paying £1m +10% then they have a buyer lined up at a price much higher than £5m.

So effectively Rangers are getting £2m for a player that’s not theirs.

Football has gone mad.

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That seems a good bit of business by Rangers there. 

Aye if he gets sold for £10m you can’t really grumble.

I suppose the ideal scenario would’ve been to take up our buy option for £5m then sell him immediately to another interested party for double that. However I imagine Bayern had a buy-back option which probably meant they’d have got first refusal anyway at a set price so that maybe complicates it.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye if he gets sold for £10m you can’t really grumble.

I suppose the ideal scenario would’ve been to take up our buy option for £5m then sell him immediately to another interested party for double that. However I imagine Bayern had a buy-back option which probably meant they’d have got first refusal anyway at a set price so that maybe complicates it.

Maybe he’ll fail to settle at his next club and you can sign him on loan again.  

3 hours ago, AJF said:

I suppose the ideal scenario would’ve been to take up our buy option for £5m then sell him immediately to another interested party for double that. 

I'm sure there's rules against that now.

I think you have to stay at a club for one or two windows after registration.

There's an obvious loophole around it but no idea if you'd get fined etc for utilising it.

Reports are Dessers has turned us down in favour of moving to another club in Serie A.

Getting a main striker is probably the biggest task we face this summer so I hope we have other targets lined up.

Nothing about this reported Tillman deal really makes sense.

It requires Tillman to have wanted to go to Rangers in the first place, when, by the same places reporting this weird deal, he apparently didn’t fancy it.

It would have made more sense for Bayern to just let his loan deal expire and sell him.

Absolute con job on Bayern by Bayern if this is the case.