Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Feel like Rangers could avoid the constant spate of injures by stopping signing injury prone players, tbh.

That’s a fair point for some, but our injury record over the last year or so has been ridiculous.

Players with or without poor injury records have been dropping like flies. 

Edited by AJF

On 11/07/2023 at 21:27, AJF said:

I’m not overly convinced. I thought we made a mistake letting him go when we did but he is a couple of years older now and managed only a handful of games last season.

If he is still at a similar level as to when he left then fair enough, I’m just a bit skeptical. 

We did make a mistake letting him go, I don't quite get the take that this is moving backwards when he's coming in as a squad player on low wages. He's reliable backup imo.

Michael Beale is set to lose Robby McCrorie this summer as the Rangers goalkeeper seeks regular football.

The stopper regularly called into Scotland squads of late got a run of games to prove himself at the end of last season. But Jack Butland's arrival between the sticks will likely have him playing deputy again. McCrorie signed a new contract last term too but will turn 26 in the next campaign and needs to be playing regularly

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

Michael Beale is set to lose Robby McCrorie this summer as the Rangers goalkeeper seeks regular football.

The stopper regularly called into Scotland squads of late got a run of games to prove himself at the end of last season. But Jack Butland's arrival between the sticks will likely have him playing deputy again. McCrorie signed a new contract last term too but will turn 26 in the next campaign and needs to be playing regularly

I kind of feel that story lacks quite a bit of detail. 

It’s probably the right decision for McCrorie. At 25 and never having been a regular at Rangers, it’s probably time for him to go somewhere and try and become first choice.

We clearly rate him with Beale apparently trying to convince him to stay, so maybe a buy back option could be a shout.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Colak on the move to Parma for £2.5m being reported.

Rumours around as well that Sakala is subject to a £4m Saudi bid but seems less concrete than the Colak departure.

Shankland to the stickies by the end of the month is what I was told earlier before this news.  £3m. 

8 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Shankland to the stickies by the end of the month is what I was told earlier before this news.  £3m. 

I’m not so sure. I’ve heard that a deal has apparently been agreed to sign Danilo from Feyenoord but it is being delayed until they line up a replacement.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not so sure. I’ve heard that a deal has apparently been agreed to sign Danilo from Feyenoord but it is being delayed until they line up a replacement.

Can't see why he would want to leave the Champions of Holland for the second biggest club in Scotland tbh.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Beale making a BIG mistake if this transpires.

Let me tell you about Robby. Prior to Robby joining Morton (on loan) 2or 3 seasons back our regular keeper was Derek Gaston..now at Arbroath and held in high esteem by Lichtie fans. Well I'm afraid Derek never really worked for me for various reasons but thats by the by. So Derek leaves Cappielow for Arbroath ... enter a young Robby McCrorie. 

So I'm standing in my usual stance in the Cowshed and become aware of someone screaming blue murder from the field of play. It was Robby...shouting at his defenders whilst pacing the 18yrd line...... Derek would never have ventured that far north for fear of a nosebleed never mind shout at his defenders.So he got my attention and remember saying to a Rangers supporting pal of mine.....young McCrorie will be Rangers 1stline keeper before long.

I think Mr Beale has let one through the net.

9 hours ago, AJF said:

Rumours around as well that Sakala is subject to a £4m Saudi bid but seems less concrete than the Colak departure.

Apparently deleted all mention of Rangers from all his social media. Better hope the deal doesn't fall through. Burnley supposedly interested too, which is funking mental.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Apparently deleted all mention of Rangers from all his social media. Better hope the deal doesn't fall through. Burnley supposedly interested too, which is funking mental.

The thought of Sakala unleashing the chaos factor that he brings in the Premier League intrigues me greatly.

I think I vaguely remember reports that Burnley were interested in him at the time we signed him so they just see something there.

Getting anywhere near £4m for the chaos theory made flesh that is Sakala will be a good bit of business for someone we picked up for far less than that.  And if it lets us bring in Cifuentes and/or Danilo then all the better. 

He's fuckin superb,
He's utterly shiiiii ite,

FASHION SAKALA

Won't score but he might

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

For a player I consider to not be that good he annoyingly seemed to be decent enough against us, with some Morelosesque misses however. Would do ok in a counter attacking team but that's much use to Rangers* domestically.

Two open goal sitters in both the cup games pretty much launched him firmly into the "not fucking good enough" category. 

He tries hard, and his goals to games ratio is actually pretty decent, but he just won't do.