Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

So Cifuentes is due to sign this week who will hopefully be a welcome addition to midfield since it appears that Kamara will be off.

Although it looks like we will be missing out on Trusty from Arsenal with reports saying that he is due to sign for Sheffield Utd for £5m. Hopefully we have another target lined up as we definitely could be doing with defensive reinforcements.

Sad to see Kamara go as well tbh, he was probably the best player in that central area we’ve had since Edu, with a similar goal scoring prowess. But if he’s not putting in the effort and Beale is clearly not going to play him I’d rather his spot went to one of Rice or Lovelace on the bench. Unless Bisgrove manages to enter the club futsal World Cup and he rockets to first on the team sheet.

23 minutes ago, AJF said:

£2.5m for his personality

£0.5m for his ability.

Seems fair.

If its £2.5M for his personality I think £2.6M would be a fair deal.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

If its £2.5M for his personality I think £2.6M would be a fair deal.

He's not the most gifted of players, but joking aside, I feel he gets a bit of a bad rep at times.

Sclaffs and wild shots are guaranteed, however last season he did have a better Mins per Goal ratio than the likes of Duk, Miovski and Ginnelly with more overall goal involvements as well. Each of them were said to have had great seasons.

Just now, AJF said:

He's not the most gifted of players, but joking aside, I feel he gets a bit of a bad rep at times.

Sclaffs and wild shots are guaranteed, however last season he did have a better Mins per Goal ratio than the likes of Duk, Miovski and Ginnelly with more overall goal involvements as well. Each of them were said to have had great seasons.

Imagine how good they'd have been in the Rangers team.

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

Imagine how good they'd have been in the Rangers team.

Without a doubt it's a fair point. And I'm not saying Sakala is better or equal to these players, I just feel he gets judged quite harshly at times due to the style of his play. He isn't technically great but he causes chaos at times and his numbers since Beale came in (11 goals and 6 assists in 18 league games) is actually quite decent.

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

Probably have the 3 of them ahead of Sakala. The lovable, shite b*****d that he is. 

Whilst his goals and assist stats are really good, especially for someone who didn't always start, his two open goal sitters against Celtic in the cup games sum him up for me. 

9 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Probably have the 3 of them ahead of Sakala. The lovable, shite b*****d that he is. 

Whilst his goals and assist stats are really good, especially for someone who didn't always start, his two open goal sitters against Celtic in the cup games sum him up for me. 

Yep, I don’t necessarily disagree, I was just using them as comparables as I do feel he gets judged quite harshly (rightly at times if you use those misses against Celtic as an example 😂) but other times probably a bit unfairly as his numbers were pretty good compared to those other players I mentioned.

9 hours ago, AJF said:

Yep, I don’t necessarily disagree, I was just using them as comparables as I do feel he gets judged quite harshly (rightly at times if you use those misses against Celtic as an example 😂) but other times probably a bit unfairly as his numbers were pretty good compared to those other players I mentioned.

Football isn’t played on paper, on paper you could argue he has similarish stats to Jota but one went for 25 mil and one for almost a tenth of that. There is a good reason for that, you are trying to polish a shite 

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Football isn’t played on paper, on paper you could argue he has similarish stats to Jota but one went for 25 mil and one for almost a tenth of that. There is a good reason for that, you are trying to polish a shite 

Of course it isn't, which is why I said I wasn't claiming he was better than the players I mentioned. It's also why I never compared him to Jota either.