Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I'm not suggesting Ronny is speaking shite, but where's the credible talk coming from?

Kerrydale Street.

I've no idea. I just like to keep the good times rolling.

While I've no doubt that the stadium fiasco will end up costing us a pretty penny, I find it hard to believe how people get excited about these kind of tweets. We've been told all sorts have caused the delay, ranging from asbestos, subsidence, the wrong size steel being ordered, concrete shipments stuck at sea. All with the old "trust me bro" source. These crackpots can't all be right.

On an unrelated note, there's rumours around that Cardiff have had a big accepted for Cantwell. Change of profile pic incoming for me.

On 21/07/2024 at 16:35, AJF said:

That’s so poor. I play cricket myself and have played at Murrayfield on a couple of occasions. I’d be raging if one of my games was interrupted with folk on the pitch, never mind adding in abuse and the reported assaults.

I fucking knew it. 

6 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I'm not suggesting Ronny is speaking shite, but where's the credible talk coming from?

Kerrydale Street.

Or possibly Phil Mac Ging Gang Gooly, if he still exists and still writes his barely-readable blog. 

3 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Or possibly Phil Mac Ging Gang Gooly, if he still exists and still writes his barely-readable blog. 

I must confess that I do look at his blog occasionally.  The odd thing that strikes me is that there are typos on a regular basis eg today referred to an ex player called "John Bown".  Not checking your copy or using spell check is pretty poor stuff from a hero of journalism.  He was on the case with Craig Whyte early, but I'm not convinced he has done much more than feed off Private Eye, the Rangers Tax Case and some other well-informed folk on Twitter.  

8 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

I must confess that I do look at his blog occasionally.  The odd thing that strikes me is that there are typos on a regular basis eg today referred to an ex player called "John Bown".  Not checking your copy or using spell check is pretty poor stuff from a hero of journalism.  He was on the case with Craig Whyte early, but I'm not convinced he has done much more than feed off Private Eye, the Rangers Tax Case and some other well-informed folk on Twitter.  

It’s surprising if he is apparently feeding off people that are supposedly well informed that he has got it so wrong so often. 

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s surprising if he is apparently feeding off people that are supposedly well informed that he has got it so wrong so often. 

He regularly exclusively predicted new admin events, multiple director resignations and ultimate meltdowns for Sevco, all of which were disappointingly mince,  right up till I stopped bothering with him some years ago. Last I looked he was even a figure of fun on Kerrydale Street.

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

He regularly exclusively predicted new admin events, multiple director resignations and ultimate meltdowns for Sevco, all of which were disappointingly mince,  right up till I stopped bothering with him some years ago. Last I looked he was even a figure of fun on Kerrydale Street.

Fair play to him if he has managed to monetise his garbage for so long.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

IIRC there have been bits and pieces about court cases and other financial stuff that have been correct, but in most cases it's info in the public domain.  Agree that the stuff that is correct appears to be heavily outweighed by speculative wishful thinking on his part.

On 22/07/2024 at 07:23, stressball said:

Would have fit into our system quite well, he’d have excelled under Rodgers or Ange.

It’s weirder to see Rangers fans on social media panning and belittling his contributions.

Even if you meme the shit out of his penalties, without everything else he brought Rangers would have been a lot worse off.

They won’t replace what they lose with the pittance they’ll get for him.

Don't think it is as straight forward as that. There's no guarantee that Tavernier would have replicated his stats at the ****. The **** built a system that maximised tav's goal threat. He might not have had that elsewhere. For example would he still have got to take all those penalties and would the **** have had as many penalties to give him. Would he get to take all those free kicks. etc, etc. 

He might have been better than what you had. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Fair play to him if he has managed to monetise his garbage for so long.

He really is barking at the moon, convinced there are people inside the Ibrox boardroom discussing the "Irish blogger"

It's being reported in the Netherlands that Lammers is on the verge of signing for FC Twente. FC Twente being one of our potential opponents in the Champions League Play-Off round. So, should we navigate through our third round qualifier (likely against Dynamo Kyiv), then we all know exactly what's going to happen next 🤣

1 minute ago, AJF said:

It's being reported in the Netherlands that Lammers is on the verge of signing for FC Twente. FC Twente being one of our potential opponents in the Champions League Play-Off round. So, should we navigate through our third round qualifier (likely against Dynamo Kyiv), then we all know exactly what's going to happen next 🤣

Live images of the latest Rangers board meeting. 

200w (19).gif