Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Scottish football could die if Rangers fail to again challenge Celtic for the title, former Ibrox manager Graeme Souness has warned.

Celtic have won the league six years in a row while their city rivals have suffered financial problems.

"Scottish football needs a strong Rangers and a strong Celtic to create interest outside of Scotland," Souness told BBC Scotland.

"If that's not the case, Scottish football would die."

Courtesy of Peenes  on the Beeb site

What a tool

3 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Scottish football could die if Rangers fail to again challenge Celtic for the title, former Ibrox manager Graeme Souness has warned.

Celtic have won the league six years in a row while their city rivals have suffered financial problems.

"Scottish football needs a strong Rangers and a strong Celtic to create interest outside of Scotland," Souness told BBC Scotland.

"If that's not the case, Scottish football would die."

Courtesy of Peenes  on the Beeb site

What a tool

My favourite bit:

"So everyone who rejoiced at Rangers' problems, I hope they've had a rethink and they now see the consequences of that."

Well, let's see, shall we? Show of hands, boys? Nope. Still fucking hilarious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41754794

Graeme Souness says Scottish football needs a strong Rangers and that nobody in England cares about Scottish football outside the Old Firm. It's odd how Graeme says that but also regularly argues that Rangers and Celtic need to leave Scottish football because it's holding them back.

Is a bit of consistency too much to ask? It probably is with these oafs, unfortunately.

An explanation of the referral system will do for starters, afterall Regan did promise full transparency.

What are you hoping changes about the way it currently is?

49 minutes ago, MSU said:

My favourite bit:

"So everyone who rejoiced at Rangers' problems, I hope they've had a rethink and they now see the consequences of that."

Well, let's see, shall we? Show of hands, boys? Nope. Still fucking hilarious.

The consequences were that everyone had a smashing time winning cups and getting into Europe....

27 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

How bad was the actual refereeing and/or Motherwell physicality?
I missed the game as I was watching Scottish football die supporting a local team rather than watch a game on the telly.

Hard but fair.
Not even close to the way that guys like Lee McCulloch and Davie Weir used to carry on.

Rangers are just little bitches now.

How bad was the actual refereeing and/or Motherwell physicality?
I missed the game as I was watching Scottish football die supporting a local team rather than watch a game on the telly.

It was hard for the Motherwell players to catch some of the rangers boys who were rolling around the ground regularly.
When they did though, by f**k they made it count.

It's clearly pathetic sour grapes anyway.
Remember Joe Garner?
Dubious challenges week in, week out, but of course this was OK and was treated with euphamistic terminology like 'puts himself about' by the media.

STV Sport‏Verified account @STVSport 1m1 minute ago
Rangers midfielder Ryan Jack has won his appeal against the red card shown in the 1-1 draw with Kilmarnock

2 red cards rescinded in 2 games we've dropped points, the teams unlucky to be behind the league but they even themselves out.

Thought Broadfoot may have been given a retrospective red card if anything more was going to come from that incident. He's clearly stepping on Jacks feet multiple times to wind him up.

Jack's response was well worthy of red card however, in my opinion.

Why does Jack even get involved?. You're winning 1-0 in the 90th minute or whatever it was and Jack's allowed the player who conceded the penalty to get him sent off. Ability-wise he's done well so far but that sending off really made me question whether he has what it takes to play for Rangers.

Anyway's, it contributed to Caixinha leaving Rangers so I'm happy. Partick Thistle and Hamilton in the next 2 games so Murty has a great chance at the elusive 3 wins in a row. Dundee after that and they're bottom of the league so..... 4 wins?... Nah, too good to be true. :)

Aberdeen at Ibrox after that. McInnes to get the win.