Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 hours ago, The DA said:

That's pish.  Choose any period from the last War until today and you could hardly describe Rangers as the bigger and better team.   

Anybody starting watching in the mid-60s saw Celtic win 29 leagues to Rangers 20 and Celtic with the European Cup.  Anyone starting after the Premier began in the mid-70s saw 20 Celtic wins to 19 by Rangers. 

Only someone joining the fun from the start of Rangers' 9IAR run could claim that Rangers were the bigger and better side.  Of course, that Rangers club is dead now so it's all moot.

And none of this 'big team found' stuff - it's just the facts. mam.

"Choose any period from the last War until today...."   Okay. How about the 2 decades from 1945 - 1965 ?   That's 10-1 Rangers.  Stats, eh ? Amazing how they can be twisted. You don't work for a politcal party do you ?  Yes, I know we are 5 titles behind, but what I'm hearing on the doorsteps is that we are in fact 5 titles ahead... blah blah.

It's evens-stevens from 1945 to date. But in those 2 decades it looks like Celtic were well behind Hibs then Hearts then Killie as the main challengers to Rangers.

57 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

"Choose any period from the last War until today...."   Okay. How about the 2 decades from 1945 - 1965 ?   That's 10-1 Rangers.  Stats, eh ? Amazing how they can be twisted. You don't work for a politcal party do you ?  Yes, I know we are 5 titles behind, but what I'm hearing on the doorsteps is that we are in fact 5 titles ahead... blah blah.

It's evens-stevens from 1945 to date. But in those 2 decades it looks like Celtic were well behind Hibs then Hearts then Killie as the main challengers to Rangers.

Sarcasm, mate.  You know what I meant.

Of course, anybody who only remembers those two decades is either dead or has lost interest in football.  Throwing it open to P&B.  Does anybody remember the twenty years up to 1965? You'd have to have been born 1940-ish to have any chance.

I was only 4 in 1965 and don't remember anything football-related until the 1970 World Cup and those Texaco coins.  

14 minutes ago, The DA said:

Sarcasm, mate.  You know what I meant.

Of course, anybody who only remembers those two decades is either dead or has lost interest in football.  Throwing it open to P&B.  Does anybody remember the twenty years up to 1965? You'd have to have been born 1940-ish to have any chance.

I was only 4 in 1965 and don't remember anything football-related until the 1970 World Cup and those Texaco coins.  

I assumed you meant what you said.  You chose the WW2 start date to make your point - except that it didn't.

Sadly, I am either too young to have been around for Hearts glory years in the late 50s - or maybe I am just too senile to remember them

16 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I assumed you meant what you said.  You chose the WW2 start date to make your point - except that it didn't.

Sadly, I am either too young to have been around for Hearts glory years in the late 50s - or maybe I am just too senile to remember them

Context, old chap, context.

Here’s what I don’t get. Rangers fans getting themselves into a rage about being called orange B’s. Yet celebrating the fact they may be getting an orange away strip for next season.

If they felt so outraged at being called orange B’s, surely they would have contacted the club and demanded that this rumoured orange top be halted.

Fickle.

Also, regarding said rumoured strip. I spoke to a colleague and Gers season ticket holder who was loving the new orange top because as he said, orange is the proud colour of Protestants and rangers are a Protestant club.
He claimed Celtic did the exact same. I queried whether green was the worldwide colour of Catholicism??

This appeared to send him into a seething mess.

Hateful club, with utter vile fans.

39 minutes ago, Public menace said:

Here’s what I don’t get. Rangers fans getting themselves into a rage about being called orange B’s. Yet celebrating the fact they may be getting an orange away strip for next season.

If they felt so outraged at being called orange B’s, surely they would have contacted the club and demanded that this rumoured orange top be halted.

Fickle.

Also, regarding said rumoured strip. I spoke to a colleague and Gers season ticket holder who was loving the new orange top because as he said, orange is the proud colour of Protestants and rangers are a Protestant club.
He claimed Celtic did the exact same. I queried whether green was the worldwide colour of Catholicism??

I don't really care what you want to call people i just find it intriguing that you could post all of that and end it with "hateful" and "vile" like do you not do irony?

It's like the ultra right wing mob that call everyone snowflakes and then get offended when someone from the left insults Tommy Robinson.. the hatred aimed at Rangers fans leads me to believe there's a lot of bigots on here, I don't disagree you can call someone an orange **** if you want but at least have the awareness that you're the one coming across as very hateful. "Aye but those Rangers fans are scumbags, the lot of them, bunch of orange vermin" fighting bigotry with bigotry to prove you're not bigoted, good luck. 

23 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Signing a 38 year old Northern Irishman. Bet he never gets near the team but they'll use plenty of pictures of him in the orange away top. Staunchly staunch and all that..

Going for 55...(years old)

5 hours ago, The DA said:

That's pish.  Choose any period from the last War until today and you could hardly describe Rangers as the bigger and better team.   

Anybody starting watching in the mid-60s saw Celtic win 29 leagues to Rangers 20 and Celtic with the European Cup.  Anyone starting after the Premier began in the mid-70s saw 20 Celtic wins to 19 by Rangers. 

Only someone joining the fun from the start of Rangers' 9IAR run could claim that Rangers were the bigger and better side.  Of course, that Rangers club is dead now so it's all moot.

And none of this 'big team found' stuff - it's just the facts. mam.

Boring way of manipulating statistics to suit your argument, what I said holds true and explains why there's expectancy from a lot of fans to win, be it misplaced or not. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

Boring way of manipulating statistics to suit your argument, what I said holds true and explains why there's expectancy from a lot of fans to win, be it misplaced or not. 

You dominated the 90s because you cheated, then your club died and the new club have won nothing of note... Pleasing

1 hour ago, Public menace said:

Fickle.

"If they felt so outraged at being called orange B’s, surely they would have contacted the club and demanded that this rumoured orange top be halted"

Let me explain. The word B****** is meant to be, and is universally taken as an insult - although now that half of all babies are born to unmarried mothers, I'm not really sure why. Unless you are heavily into Catholic theology, there is nothing inherently objectionable  or shameful about Orangeism ( as opposed to how some of it's adherents behave ) Similarly there was nothing inherently shaming about having been a F*****. In fact most Irish Republicans would be proud of the name. The problem comes when you add the B****** word after the word Orange or  F*****  because then you are saying that they are worthless or lesser humans and it's BECAUSE they are Orange or a F*****

Edited by Pet Jeden

22 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Rangers signing a boy who was on loan at Sunderland last year. Plan the parade.

Increase the palette piling!

22 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

You dominated the 90s because you cheated, then your club died and the new club have won nothing of note... Pleasing

" ....then your club died....." 

tbf at least they managed to wangle back into the league and carry-on in the 4th tier the very next season.  Your club disappeared in 1891 and didn't appear in the leagues again for a couple of seasons. Yet still you persist with the fantasy of 1875 on your club badge.

4 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

I for one am shocked at your big team.

46 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

It's nice that your delusion pleases you.  Do you not have a thread about Hibs to comment on or does nobody post their or something? 

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I for one am shocked at your big team.

Yes. Because all of Scotland has to be a secret supporter of one or the other of the OF, don't they ?  Well , at least you're now describing Rangers as my "big team".  I suppose that's progress from being told that my real team are deid.