Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

8 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

When is that reprobate, Barton, going to start discussing Rangers in the media instead of his boyhood heroes, Celtic?

He's trying awfully hard to try to convince people he isn't a Celtic fan and failing miserably.

probably 10 sept.

12 hours ago, RangersRyan084 said:

Crawford will be 24 by the end of the season, not exactly a youngster, and is of poorer quality than Barton, Kranjcar and those '32 year olds' we've signed Windass, Crooks and Rossiter who play in his position.

So you agree with me that Murray Park is useless then.

I think Villa fans will be more upset Lescott isn't joining Rangers.

Apparently the offer was around £18k a week. Maybe Rangers should sign someone on half the salary and use the rest on a transfer fee for a player with potential resale value?.... One can hope!...

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm devastated 

I would imagine that you, and lots of fellow Rangers supporters, will not appreciate being turned down by a 32 year old that your manager was desperate to sign him. Please go for Senderos now.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I would imagine that you, and lots of fellow Rangers supporters, will not appreciate being turned down by a 32 year old that your manager was desperate to sign him. Please go for Senderos now.

You would imagine wrong.  I've stated a couple of times on this thread that I thought it was a bad signing.  Senderos too.

And he's 34.

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You would imagine wrong.  I've stated a couple of times on this thread that I thought it was a bad signing.  Senderos too.

And he's 34.

The cracks are beginning to show. Rangers fans unhappy with their manager's signing policy.

watched rangers twice now,even thou Hamilton and Dundee were bottom 6 teams last season,i think rangers will make the top 6,when rangers play top 6 teams we will get a better idea where they will finish,the fixtures have been kind so far but the Hamilton draw has made warburton and the rangers board more active in the transfer market because they have underestimated the Scottish top flight.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

21 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

And he's 34.

I'd say Lescott was a Barton like signing. Experienced and expensive and could go either way on the playing field. He is definitely a far superior player to Senderos, especially based on the second half of last season.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The cracks are beginning to show. Rangers fans unhappy with their manager's signing policy.

There's been many I didn't think would be good signings. Forrester, Tavernier, Halliday, Holt and Foderingham for example but to be fair to the manager all of his signings have done well. So in that respect if he believed Lescott (or Senderos) would suit Rangers' style of play he's earned that trust.