Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

I think he's played one first team game for us.  We have a load of players in the 17-20 year age range who have been terrific at their level but who need to cut their teeth in a professional league - a bit like young Kelly.
I suspect what you'll get with Houston is what you have with Kelly:  A young man with excellent technical skills and a good work ethic but who needs to make the step up to what can be a brutal game in Scotland.  
I enjoyed watching Ayr at Dens a couple of weeks back and hope he adds to your team.

If he makes half the impact Kelly has then I’ll be delighted.

Once Kelly beefs up a bit he’ll be in your team no bother.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yet you post on a forum where Rangers fans regularly say that our unacceptable songs are wrong in their own right.

1) It is not, by any measure, "always done from the angle of the songs harming the club" - that is just silly posting from you.  Besides, when you have an obdurate fan base there is nothing wrong with a, 'look at the consequences' approach, is there? 

It is perfectly reasonable to say that something can be both ethically wrong but also wrong due to its consequences.  Pretty much every set of parents has adopted this approach towards their scion.

2) I think you were just playing to the gallery in your post.

1) I simply disagree with you there. Read Rangers forums, listen to Rangers people being interviewed, read newspaper articles by Rangers people. 'The Billy Boys is wrong' is something one almost never hears or reads. It's all too rare in the discussion. I don't disagree that both angles are useful, but the fact that so few Rangers people seem to see bigotry as simply wrong is the reason I think Rangers will simply never become normal functioning members of 21st century society.

2) Bizarre assertion. To what end?

28 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

1) I simply disagree with you there. Read Rangers forums, listen to Rangers people being interviewed, read newspaper articles by Rangers people. 'The Billy Boys is wrong' is something one almost never hears or reads. It's all too rare in the discussion. I don't disagree that both angles are useful, but the fact that so few Rangers people seem to see bigotry as simply wrong is the reason I think Rangers will simply never become normal functioning members of 21st century society.

It's a standard Kincy response. It's his attempt to belittle you and your point.  He is in full defend/deflect mode now as the rock his clubs fans (and him, although it's a bit loose calling him a fan) hide under is starting to come off the ground and let a little light in. 

Tim Vickery just commented on the World Football Phone-in on the subject of a game being abandoned in Brazil due to homophobic chanting.

His point was that while it was great that the game was stopped - an idea for Scottish authorities to consider - and it's right that Vasco de Gama point out to their fans that this damages their club, the point now needs to be made to the fans that this is wrong and it must be explained why it is wrong, why it is discriminatory and why it is unacceptable. Without that, the other stuff is pointless.

Exactly my point about Rangers.

I would ignore him on this one. Your post was spot on.

Tim Vickery just commented on the World Football Phone-in on the subject of a game being abandoned in Brazil due to homophobic chanting.
His point was that while it was great that the game was stopped - an idea for Scottish authorities to consider - and it's right that Vasco de Gama point out to their fans that this damages their club, the point now needs to be made to the fans that this is wrong and it must be explained why it is wrong, why it is discriminatory and why it is unacceptable. Without that, the other stuff is pointless.
Imagine if the old firm tomorrow was abandoned due to both bigot sisters' vile chants, would be very pleasing for the rest of Scottish football.

13 minutes ago, Empty It said:
4 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Imagine if the old firm tomorrow was abandoned due to both bigot sisters' vile chants, would be very pleasing for the rest of Scottish football.

You're more likely to get an Edinburgh derby abandoned than an old firm game mate.

What we need is some form of legislation that deals with offensive behaviour at football and makes it far too risky to indulge in offensive behaviour.

Oh wait we actually had that but one political party and one team didn't like it.

I'm gonna have to ask who that is..?

In summary

Shes the *** stalker psycho bitch who faked a whole relationship online with a random ***, using his pictures etc.

She then discovered a new creature to slowly destroy. He’s timid in nature with striking eyebrows and she appears to be holding him captive while boasting of a champagne lifestyle in someone's back garden in Blackpool.

He will end up either horribly mutilated (more than currently) or most likely dead, stuffed and posed holding a bottle of moet wearing a rangers scarf.

Shes in jail now, probably best for all concerned.