The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, banana said:

Loved Sir Raymo's response on Arabzone to the question of the validity of this cup, rumours/suggestions of playing a youth team, etc. - 'We want to win every game, the team we line up with is noones business except mine'.

McLean's no bullshit approach to go with his developing McLean jowels and receding grey hairline.

The Messiah's second coming imo.

At the start of the season, why would you want your first team to sit out for a week anyway?

Fair enough if it was another midweek game.

3 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

At the start of the season, why would you want your first team to sit out for a week anyway?

True. If anything, it's come at the perfect time to get Franko and The Edge up to speed.

In this same cup last year, he made 8 or 9 changes for us away to Stenny.

Was the worst performance I've seen from us in quite some time. We got beat 2-0.

5 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Only chance of a trophy ? 

Probably our best chance of a trophy, but it's still a stupid shit trophy and not worth having IMO.

3 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

NEWS

http://dufc.co/news/hibs-away-moved-for-tv-coverage/

Shite. For a 12 noon kick off at Easter Road, I'll have to get out of bed by 11:30 :(

#prayforsartomutiny

Good stuff.  I'm away on holiday so should be able to find some place to watch it.  

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Probably our best chance of a trophy, but it's still a stupid shit trophy and not worth having IMO.

Good stuff.  I'm away on holiday so should be able to find some place to watch it.  

I suppose United are new to this cup. Give it 2/3 years and you will be buzzing about a semi final v Connahs Quay. 

New format is a joke, I liked the old challenge cup as gave us diddies a chance at winning something. 

I might have gone to the Peterhead game if I hadn't already got a better offer that day. I wouldn't have paid to see a colt team (ugh) but £10 for this game is not unreasonable.

Already looking forward to a Wednesday night game in Bala though

4 hours ago, mungo said:

These two unknown Dutch defenders on one year deals sound like excellent signings

You are correct,the policy for completely unknown and amateur Dutch footballers is for two year deals...

Yordi-Teijsse-profiel-1.png

Excellent signing.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Am I just being thick or is there no match thread for Saturday?

Domestic Cup forum, maybe... There was a single Betfred Irn Bru Cup thread last time I looked rather than individual threads, such is the prestige of the tournament.

Archived