The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I make that Johnny, Dee Man and Fabcab that have failed to address my previous question

Excellent stuff[emoji38]

I will address your question. I as born in 73..haven't seen my team win a major trophy(doesn't mean it didn't happen).
But I still support them , that's what real supporters do..

We won EVERYTHING before you lot..so please remember everything is history in an instant.

I'm off now back to the purer air of the top flight..

Enjoy the Diddy league [emoji23]

I will address your question. I was born in 73..haven't seen my team win a major trophy

All you had to say mate, cheers.

That answers a lot of questions regarding your bitterness. Any other Dees wishing to answer, feel free

Team today - 

Zwick

Van Der New Boy

Other New Boy with even more ridiculous name

Toshney

Dixon

Flood

Telfer

Fraser

Andreu

Fraser

Van der Velden

Fraser could be decent on his day but he definitely cant do the job of two guys[emoji38]

bobbycox's grandchildren are going to hear some great tales about the season they spent a division about United, a true thriller.

7 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

That answers a lot of questions regarding your bitterness. Any other Dees wishing to answer, feel free

I remember us winning the league cup in 73. Thank you.

Wasting your breath buddy . History only starts when the wee team started winning things

Not at all, just wondering if you were there to see your clubs biggest achievements. Seems ive hit a raw nerve

44 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Well, seeing as you have been so kind to invite Dundee fans to post on this thread I will accept your invite and give my answer in the context of the history of both clubs (as I see it of course):

I've not seen Dundee win a major trophy.  Dundee's trophy success was over a period spanning approximately 80 years.  A period in which United won no major trophies.  Dundee won 5 major trophies and were the major force in the city throughout that period.  United's trophy success was over a period spanning approximately 35 years.  A period in which Dundee won no major trophies.  United won 5 major trophies and were the major force in the city throughout that period.

I can honestly say I am not bitter about the fact that my forefathers have seen Dundee win trophies and I have not.  Would I have liked Dundee to win an additional trophy or two in my time?  Of course I would.

I also have to be honest and say that prior to the current board taking over at Dens and the apparent recent unrest at your club I thought United would continue to dominate the city for many, many years to come.  

Fair enough. I reckon the bitterness from the vast majority of Dees comes from watching us win trophies and pump teams from all over europe whilst regaularly playing in semis and finals whilst Dundee spent most of that time in the doldrums

Archived