The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rumour I heard was we want him (Ciftci) on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season but can't or won't contribute the wages. 

I wonder if Tope leaving is to free up a little more on wages if this is the case.

I'd be stunned if he ended up with us again. Delighted but stunned.

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm not one for going out on a limb, but I can see GMS coming back. The punting of Dopey fits perfectly.

Also, bye Dopey. Lovely chap, I'm sure, but far too sleepy to be a professional footballer.

I thought Rodgers had said that GMS continued to figure in his plans for the second half of the season? Or was that just management speak to keep the lad onside if they couldn't punt him?

5 minutes ago, The DA said:

I thought Rodgers had said that GMS continued to figure in his plans for the second half of the season? Or was that just management speak to keep the lad onside if they couldn't punt him?

Gary's a lovely chap and I'm sure no bother around the dressing room at all. No reason to push him out the door. He barely features for them though and clearly isn't required. No doubt they'd be happy for him to hang on, keeping Armstrong company, but I doubt they'd have any reservations letting him go.

4 minutes ago, RB-Scotland said:

We'll end up with that Northern Irish winger, if anything.

He'd be much more expensive, I would have thought.

Either way, I think it's quite clear that United have got a winger tied up already (or think they have). Prove me wrong, universe.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Gary's a lovely chap and I'm sure no bother around the dressing room at all. No reason to push him out the door. He barely features for them and clearly isn't required. No doubt they'd be happy for him to hang on, keeping Armstrong company, but I doubt they'd have any reservations letting him go.

He'd be much more expensive, I would have thought.

Either way, I think it's quite clear that United have got a winger tied up already (or think they have). Prove me wrong, universe.

Don't prove him wrong, Universe.

Och behave, Johnson was miles out of the picture (and on loan at a non-league team - where he was also miles out of the picture), Obadeyi is pish and ... who's the third? Some other no-mark fud who wasn't going to get a name presumably.

Edit: Oh right, Cammy Smith. I take it back, partly. Potentially good player who wasn't getting a game because we've got hundreds of players in that position.

As much as I am not too fussed about losing Smith, Obadeyi and (absolutely don't care) Johnson, I truly hope that it is because we have something lined up If we don't it is pretty poor squad management given just how short we are in the forward areas (Smith and Tope would have been just about fine to act as cover). 

Twitter is a mixture of hilarity and despair tonight. 

Archived