The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

Hunt is at Portsmouth. 

Aah. Definitely no chance then :(

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

I got to meet Christian Kalvenes last night. I don't care what happens beyond this point as I have reached peak life.

He looked alot smaller than I remember him. Still looks fit enough to play for us. 

21 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Just under 3500. I would have hoped for a few more to be honest but most people seem to think it was quite a good number for a testimonial.

That's not too bad for a testimonial tbh. Everybody would love their good servants to get a sell-out but it's never going to happen. 

I always thought Dillon was a good guy after he came up and applauded the Dee support after a derby at Tannadice.

Wilkie's foul, Robson's OG, Kerr getting booed every time he touched the ball and Dillon's son's equaliser were the highlights.  Thought the crowd was OK but could have been a wee bit better.

Dillon missing out must have been tough for him but he looked like he couldn't even run let alone play.  Hearts seem to treat it like a training game which is fair enough, I think they did us proud.

3 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I've been in a state of sadness all day to be honest. Sitting at the game last night made me too nostalgic for those heady days just a few years ago. 

At this rate in a couple of years we'll be getting all misty eyed about Mikkelsen, Van der Velden, Murdoch and Toshney.

At this rate in a couple of years we'll be getting all misty eyed about Mikkelsen, Van der Velden, Murdoch and Toshney.

Yes. You'll be saying I remember the good old days with Raymondo in charge, when we were in the Championship.

Anyhow you must be getting excited about the big game this weekend? How many buses are going through? How many fans will you guys take? 20 to 25,000 or so? You don't want to miss these big days, might be the last for a long, long time.

Yes. You'll be saying I remember the good old days with Raymondo in charge, when we were in the Championship.

Anyhow you must be getting excited about the big game this weekend? How many buses are going through? How many fans will you guys take? 20 to 25,000 or so? You don't want to miss these big days, might be the last for a long, long time.

Your people on the inside ought to know exactly how many tickets we've sold.

Archived