'Huge mistake to play France friendly', says Scotland's Go

DA Baracus

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He needs sacking Pronto........his column just sums him up completely as well, all he cares about is his reputation. The little quip about the disguise is In poor taste as well, rather than make pointless little quips sort this mess you have helped create out......namely by jettisoning half the squad and writing off the next campaign to build for trying to qualify for next euros.

The French FA must have been pissing themselves laughing when we agreed to play them.

Some target practice for them just before the tournament and a couple of thousand halfwits drinking their pubs dry providing a welcome boost to the Metz economy.

We're a laughing stock.

At least he admits to what he sees as a mistake which not every manager would do. I see his point though it's not necessarily a bad thing to play against a very good side to give the players a taste of that level of international football.

He needs sacking Pronto........his column just sums him up completely as well, all he cares about is his reputation. The little quip about the disguise is In poor taste as well, rather than make pointless little quips sort this mess you have helped create out......namely by jettisoning half the squad and writing off the next campaign to build for trying to qualify for next euros.

Totally agree with this. Was happy to keep him so long as he punted the old guard. He has not, nor shown any inclination to.

In addition, his idiocy about Georgia not being a must win game, despite it patently being so, cost us a playoff place. Handled the last campaign very poorly after the home Ireland game.

If he's not willing to blood the next generation, he shouldn't be left to do a Craig Brown and leave a shell of a national team at the end of his reign, hamstringing his successor.

"That's why I've already looked out my disguise. If anyone sees a Japanese navy admiral walking to the stadium, get out of his way and give the man a bit of peace.

"The truth is, the closer the kick-off gets, the more difficult it is for me to watch any of it.

"I'll nip in and watch the games and then nip out again because I am not going to enjoy any part of it."

f**k sake, Gordon!!!

Its his constant whinging about our lack of "world-class" talent that really gets to me.  How about shutting the f**k up and focusing on trying to get the best out of what we have.  I dont see the coaches of countries like Albania or N Ireland complaining and look where they are.  He's had his chance and failed miserably, time to get shot of him. 

I'm sure he'd be saying the same had we won the game. Definitely not just because his failure to competently organise a defence was fully demonstrated again.

We've never had a manager quite so full of shite as Strachan.

I'm sure he'd be saying the same had we won the game. Definitely not just because his failure to competently organise a defence was fully demonstrated again.

We've never had a manager quite so full of shite as Strachan.

Hiya Craig Levein, Hiya Pal!

I realise it's not as in vogue, but I doubt it's entirely Strachan's fault we played France.  He'll have had a say, but I doubt he's gone in with Italy and France scrawled on a post-it note to request the games.

The "who'd do better" argument continues to be a decent one, especially when no-one really puts anyone forward.  I imagine he'll be gone at the end of this campaign, perhaps even if we do qualify.  Then we'll hire someone else who some won't like, but most will be positive about.  Fast forward two years and he'll be shite.  The usual cycle.

What a pompous, self-serving w**k. I had a feeling he'd end up the media cuddly-toy as far back as his first match, when it took us nine fucking minutes to get the ball from Wales for longer than four seconds, and he described it as 'freaky', rather than acknowledge we were pissed upon and what he intended to do. That's all he ever talks about, never offering a solution.

There's literally hundreds of better managers than Strachan out there who the SFA could afford.  The hard-on his supporters have for the 'name some then' retort has ran it's course.

He takes absolutely no responsibility for any defeats.  Every fucking team Scotland play appear to have the game of their lives according to him.

And like mentioned already, his shite about Scotland having no world class players is a non-starter.  Over half the 24 teams in France this summer don't either.

There's literally hundreds of better managers than Strachan out there who the SFA could afford.  The hard-on his supporters have for the 'name some then' retort has ran it's course.

Yeah but seriously, if theres hundreds, then name them.

I'm not a fan of Strachan, never have been. But all the names who ever get touted are either shite or unattainable.

Archived